Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790306 times)

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2895 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:29 AM »

How you update mod, do you delete old file and put new or you copy paste folder?

Delete old folder, do not overwrite

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: August 19, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »

Mayby delete and download again i dont have problem and , well, last version is from 10.06 so it should work well for you too.

In worst scenario i can pack my version and sent it to you.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: August 19, 2019, 10:13:56 AM »

It is possible to find it in research station or exchange for other bp in prism freeport. Chance to buy from military? Maybe, but it's reaaally low.

Ah, okay, will keep looking then.

Racnor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: August 26, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »

Found this mod from the modlist of a certain infamous reviewer, and over time it has come to monopolize my fleet. I bought 2 scorpions to hold the line near the start, and with HVDs and a Heavy Ion Blaster, they outlived every destroyer I bought, vanilla or modded. True, they took ages to kill anything with only their drones as HE damage, but nothing in the same weight class could close on them without getting EMPed.

My current favorite AI ship is the knight, built on much the same philosophy; a pair of shard guns and HVDs to poke shields, a Xyphos LPC to zap enemy PD and keep fighters off my bombers, and a vespa to break armor. With the knight's usual engagement range, the vespa can reload very quickly.

For personal use, I have a Imagos with all the peak time, armor, and hull I can add. One question about it though, what determines have much each projectile eaten adds to the energy burst? Is it just damage of the projectile?

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: August 26, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »

Found this mod from the modlist of a certain infamous reviewer, and over time it has come to monopolize my fleet. I bought 2 scorpions to hold the line near the start, and with HVDs and a Heavy Ion Blaster, they outlived every destroyer I bought, vanilla or modded. True, they took ages to kill anything with only their drones as HE damage, but nothing in the same weight class could close on them without getting EMPed.

My current favorite AI ship is the knight, built on much the same philosophy; a pair of shard guns and HVDs to poke shields, a Xyphos LPC to zap enemy PD and keep fighters off my bombers, and a vespa to break armor. With the knight's usual engagement range, the vespa can reload very quickly.

For personal use, I have a Imagos with all the peak time, armor, and hull I can add. One question about it though, what determines have much each projectile eaten adds to the energy burst? Is it just damage of the projectile?

Wait till you get a Karkinos in the right AI's hands

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: August 26, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »

Lil dev update here, I'm working on a new release but I've been discovering more stuff to fix and doing some content polish, so it's taking some time 'cause I want to make sure it's the last update I'll need to do until I actually want to make new content or something that isnt fixes or polish in the future.

Hey, I dunno if the mechanics of that have been exhaustively explained anywhere so let me give it a go off the top of my head..

Each absorbed projectile adds "power" to a multiplier based on its damage, and there is a base damage value for the explosion that is modified by the power, up to a cap. In addition to that, the damage of the energy burst is also modified by what it hits, so that it isnt disproportionally powerful against frigates or useless against larger ships. I recall this was partly done due to some weirdness with EMP arcs converging on small targets and being more powerful becuase they arent spread out. Finally, the system weighs damage types differently when calculating the power, so frag is reduced to 0.25x to prevent disproportionally big reward for just absorbing some PD fire (and due to how frag tends to be budgeted when people make weapons)

So the raw damage of what goes in is strongly related to the damage of what goes out but with a lot of necessary abstraction involved.

Credits to Sundog for working out this amazing implementation btw. After that, it took a lot of tweaking variables to get it to a point where it feels consistent and doesnt have lots of bad edge cases.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: August 26, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »

Wow, I never realised the Imaginos' damage in/out calculation was quite so in-depth. That's extremely cool.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: August 27, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. I don't think the outdated version of the file is currently causing any problems (or at least it wasn't related to bug I was tracking), but I figured I should let you know just in case...

Freor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: August 27, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »

Anyone else noticing that when playing with Nexerelin, Blackrock always loses its capital early on? I've had this happen in 5 consecutive runs so maybe its just me, but if it is a an issue other people are facing I would like for the planet Blackrock to be more fortified in a future update.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: August 27, 2019, 11:20:42 PM »

Anyone else noticing that when playing with Nexerelin, Blackrock always loses its capital early on? I've had this happen in 5 consecutive runs so maybe its just me, but if it is a an issue other people are facing I would like for the planet Blackrock to be more fortified in a future update.

For me I tend to see Scy and BRDY butt heads early on. Scy generally takes the vigil and then the war ends. It might be because Scy's primary system is vast and frankly pretty powerful, then again scy doesn't generally have a lot of sub systems. Other than that I don't really see BRDY lose much. In my games for whatever reason they seem to side with the Ludic church a lot. Kind of an odd fit in my mind, but they're maybe something to it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:36:23 PM by Alphascrub »

Malaise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: August 28, 2019, 04:49:02 AM »

Ye. BRDY 90% of time loses capital to Scy and goes into decline. And I do not get to use their ships unless I ally with them and help at every turn.

Racnor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: August 28, 2019, 05:29:41 AM »

Wait till you get a Karkinos in the right AI's hands
What officer type would you consider right for one?

Kastor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: August 28, 2019, 06:15:59 AM »

Ye. BRDY 90% of time loses capital to Scy and goes into decline. And I do not get to use their ships unless I ally with them and help at every turn.

Yeah, three runs, three times lost capital to Scy.

Racnor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: August 28, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »

I haven't checked out scy yet and haven't had this problem. Blackrock has always kept at lest it's capital in my games, and not for lack of trying from the other factions.

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: August 28, 2019, 05:38:43 PM »

What officer type would you consider right for one?

Timid and careless are cancer. Either go for an aggressive or steady one on an assault ship
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 209