Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1802381 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2880 on: July 13, 2019, 07:20:37 AM »

Sounds like the colony has had its Heavy Industry disrupted, bombed or sabotaged (or some other aspect of core gameplay)

Edit: Actually, how DO you get the N-0 to show up? If im understanding this file correctly, it already should. Is it just hideously rare? I actually have a Morpheus but I've never seen a zero.

It's just rare. Eventually it does show up in military markets (or even more rarely, as a derelict ship procedurally generated somewhere).
Right now, the rarest ships have no interesting ways to fall into player hands - because if I made them more common, they would also be more common in faction fleets, which is undesireable. But they do spawn - just rarely. Maybe in the future there will be quests or some other ways to get them.

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 13, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »

And how do i restore their heavy industry? Should i sell them something?

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 13, 2019, 10:25:20 PM »

Unless you have Nexerelin installed and they lost the market with the Heavy industry to an invasion, then all you need to do is wait until it recovers and make sure the planet doesn't decivilize (which happens if a planet is at 0 stability for the better part of a year).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 16, 2019, 10:28:08 AM »

Daka is fun though. Especially with ammo feeder. I also feel like it was designed for BRDY ships. Throw in on a dragonfly, sure you build flux fast but can vent very fast as well, the strike variant I think does it pretty well. That being said I generally only control frigates outside super frigates in the early game and I don't feel like the AI generally manages flux that well so I don't run Thunderhead Dragonfly.

I suppose it could be buffed but I'm really not sure it needs it. Its got more faster projectile speed, range and dps when compared to the HMG. Yea it cost 1 more OP but I think thats pretty marginal. Its somewhere between the HMG and the HAC. Adds flavor without being OP which I think is the goal.
It's range advantage is marginal for ships that can use Thunderhead effectively, projectile speed at this kind of ranges isn't very important, either, and it ultimately fails by being way less flux efficient than the HMG. Thunderhead's only significant advantage is that it won't turn to shoot at some unimportant stuff, like HMG does.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 27, 2019, 12:17:24 AM »

Pretty deep into a BRDY-only run (ships AND weapons) and I'm really impressed at how fun all the ships are to fly as flagships. Not just the obvious flagship bait superships - everything with the mobility skill and aggressive weapon layouts or oversized weapons works.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 27, 2019, 09:11:59 PM »

Daka is fun though. Especially with ammo feeder. I also feel like it was designed for BRDY ships. Throw in on a dragonfly, sure you build flux fast but can vent very fast as well, the strike variant I think does it pretty well. That being said I generally only control frigates outside super frigates in the early game and I don't feel like the AI generally manages flux that well so I don't run Thunderhead Dragonfly.

I suppose it could be buffed but I'm really not sure it needs it. Its got more faster projectile speed, range and dps when compared to the HMG. Yea it cost 1 more OP but I think thats pretty marginal. Its somewhere between the HMG and the HAC. Adds flavor without being OP which I think is the goal.
It's range advantage is marginal for ships that can use Thunderhead effectively, projectile speed at this kind of ranges isn't very important, either, and it ultimately fails by being way less flux efficient than the HMG. Thunderhead's only significant advantage is that it won't turn to shoot at some unimportant stuff, like HMG does.

I can't really refute that. The range is as you say pretty marginal. After numerous testing using HMGs on my new ragtag salvage fleet I have to agree the HMG was much better than I was giving it credit for. I'm frankly unsure of where the thunderhead could be buffed. I kind of thought it would be interesting to turn into an energy weapon but ultimately thought the soft stats would probably be a better place to start. Giving it emp or frag could be interesting but that would make it very similar to a  shard gun, not saying that's a bad thing but I think the thunderhead exists entirely in its own realm of weapon type. If anything I would say a range bump and increase of dps to match is flux requirements might work or a decrease in flux to match its damage. But again I don't really make mods and to say that I'm educated in weapon balance beyond looking for op/power weapons to smash the ai with IS a stretch. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:20:20 AM by Alphascrub »

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: August 03, 2019, 02:16:53 PM »

Hey Cycerin, love your work on this mod but I also have a question and some design feedback.
Is Blackrock going back to its aesthetic roots or are all the new ships to come going to look bulbous and round? I feel like the older stuff looked plain badass without being over the top, while all the newer stuff is a bit.....round? Right now I feel like there are two conflicting looks in this faction. Still fun as hell to play tho.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:01 AM »

About that: to my knowledge, no_drop only makes it so blueprints don't spawn in the wild corresponding with that ship - when no_drop is there, the only way to get the BPs is by raiding the market of a faction that knows it from the start. This is intentional for the rarest ships in the mod. It doesn't affect the spawn rate of ships in markets, but I've confirmed they do show up eventually. If you want the BPs to show up on research stations and the like, remove no_drop.

edit: Market spawning, however, is governed partly by default_ship_roles.json which also determines how often ships show up in fleets.

Ok, was about to ask that. So given I have a Blackrock commission and maintain 100 relations while building my colonies and have my fleet full Blackrock my only way to get blueprints for my system forces is to go hostile against them?

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: August 17, 2019, 05:45:14 PM »

I'm really enjoying the mod. Thanks for all the work on it.

I got a modspec for "BRDY Systems Reinforcement," but after learning it, I don't see it available to add to my Blackrock ships. Any ideas?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: August 17, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »

I got a modspec for "BRDY Systems Reinforcement," but after learning it, I don't see it available to add to my Blackrock ships. Any ideas?

You may need to enable a mod tech tag in the hullmod screen. At the bottom of the list are a bunch of categories for sorting through hullmods. Faction-added hullmods tend to include a unique "tech" for that faction - there should be a "Blackrock" category you can select and enable, that should show the hullmod.

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: August 17, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »

You may need to enable a mod tech tag in the hullmod screen. At the bottom of the list are a bunch of categories for sorting through hullmods. Faction-added hullmods tend to include a unique "tech" for that faction - there should be a "Blackrock" category you can select and enable, that should show the hullmod.

That did it, thanks!

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: August 18, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »

Just to be sure. Is there a peaceful way to get Blackrock blueprints? Should some pop up as drops or none? The mod files seem to mark only some hulls as no_drop.

Is there a possibility to buy blueprints from Blackrock military or somewhere else?

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: August 19, 2019, 02:37:23 AM »

It is possible to find it in research station or exchange for other bp in prism freeport. Chance to buy from military? Maybe, but it's reaaally low.

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: August 19, 2019, 04:57:30 AM »

Hi, I've just experienced a crash and I think Blackrock might be to blame (my favourite mod btw ;) ):
I do run a ton of other mods though but I see that achilles is from BRDY
Code
1553862 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.CargoTooltipFactory  - Error figuring out MIRV spec details for [achilles_mrm]
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["emp"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.CargoTooltipFactory.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.CargoTooltipFactory$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.WeaponPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: August 19, 2019, 05:28:44 AM »

How you update mod, do you delete old file and put new or you copy paste folder?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 209