Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790600 times)

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2865 on: June 19, 2019, 04:34:56 PM »

There's always the option of upping its logistics profile a bit. Not everything has to be nerfed into the ground. That said, I haven't gotten my hands on one yet!

I actually didn't get one until I got lucky with a BRDY blueprint I found on a random planet. In my current campaign I'm in a war with BRDY and shadowyards. Mainly they kept harassing a colony I have in the same system as both of them (random universe) and I got tired of it. Anyway this means I have a decent amount of blackrock weapons floating around on my ships and storage and I'm pretty much able to do any of the base autotfitting with it. The assault, saturation and defense and honestly they are all pretty good. Personally i prefer the assault setup for both personal use and AI. I'm in it relatively often now since I'm using the Excelsior or the imaginos a lot as my flag ships. They are fun to run around in and you can be really disruptive with them, unfortunatley I still make errors with them both often enough to need a new ship to finish the fight with. Antaeus has been great for that.

TBH I have no idea about balance. They feel good for BRDY. Its a frontline ship for a faction that doesn't really have one. I'm unsure of how to really go about balancing them. They don't seem crazy op to me but I can recognize they are strong. Especially in player hands. Then again what isn't? Maybe one thing that is quite strong about them is their vent speed? With personal combat traits, large amounts of vents, Resistant Flux Conduits and it being a blackrock ship it can nearly vent at any time while having armor and shield values that seem to pretty closely match a Dominator. Basically I'm more than willing to trade some hardflux with another ship because I know I can vent it vastly faster than they can, also with the armor the ship has its very easy to turn the shields off and passively vent while maintaining hardflux pressure on your enemy because of the shear number of HE/frag damage its unloads with its assault loadout. Maybe you could make Resistant Flux Conduits unavailable with GAIA? Could always build a little emp protection into it. Frankly I don't really know and I don't think I've used it enough judge.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:29:52 PM by Alphascrub »

AnimeHeretic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 26, 2019, 08:32:24 AM »

Yeah, it's due to a missing tag... will do some stuff to fix that and other weapon availability factors in the upcoming hotfix. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello.  I love your mod!

I dont know anything about modding, but I managed to find the tag for the 0-series Nevermore that was preventing it from being on the market.

I cannot find the tag that is preventing weapons in the Blackrock Weapons Blueprint package from being on the market.  Could you direct me too it?

Thanks in advance.

Dudok22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 29, 2019, 01:01:22 AM »

Hello.  I love your mod!

I dont know anything about modding, but I managed to find the tag for the 0-series Nevermore that was preventing it from being on the market.

I cannot find the tag that is preventing weapons in the Blackrock Weapons Blueprint package from being on the market.  Could you direct me too it?

Thanks in advance.

Add "brdy_wep_bp" to the \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction file in the knownWeapons like this

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

AnimeHeretic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 29, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »

Hello.  I love your mod!

Thanks in advance.

Add "brdy_wep_bp" to the \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction file in the knownWeapons like this

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

Thank you so much! got it working!

dis astranagant

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 01, 2019, 06:48:42 PM »

Thunderheads are rather flux hungry for what is basically just a slightly improved and more expensive HMG without pd hints.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 05, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »

Thunderheads are rather flux hungry for what is basically just a slightly improved and more expensive HMG without pd hints.

Daka is fun though. Especially with ammo feeder. I also feel like it was designed for BRDY ships. Throw in on a dragonfly, sure you build flux fast but can vent very fast as well, the strike variant I think does it pretty well. That being said I generally only control frigates outside super frigates in the early game and I don't feel like the AI generally manages flux that well so I don't run Thunderhead Dragonfly.

I suppose it could be buffed but I'm really not sure it needs it. Its got more faster projectile speed, range and dps when compared to the HMG. Yea it cost 1 more OP but I think thats pretty marginal. Its somewhere between the HMG and the HAC. Adds flavor without being OP which I think is the goal.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 06:53:44 PM by Alphascrub »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: July 05, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »

Yeah, it's due to a missing tag... will do some stuff to fix that and other weapon availability factors in the upcoming hotfix. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello.  I love your mod!

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, what tag did you edit to get the 0-Series to show up?

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 07, 2019, 05:23:37 PM »

You can find the Gridfire Submunition blueprint by raiding Blackrock markets. Not the missile weapon, the submunition that it splits into.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: July 08, 2019, 06:55:17 AM »

You can find the Gridfire Submunition blueprint by raiding Blackrock markets. Not the missile weapon, the submunition that it splits into.

On a somewhat related note, if you manually add brdy_wep_bp to the blackrock_driveyards.faction file (as described in an earlier post), then you can occasionally find "Gridfire Submunition" weapons for sale in Blackrock markets. The "weapon" has no image and cannot be equipped (as far as I know), but it looks like you could purchase one if you really wanted to...

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 08, 2019, 02:13:00 PM »

Not sure if this is intended as a feature, maybe more ship emp weapons can do this but the Dynastos can hit phased ships with its core discharge. I would test this with other emp ships but I don't have any in my current campaign and I'm not running console commands because If its there I generally turn into a dirty cheater. This one just seem outside the realm of what the description of the special does.  Sorry if this is a feature or if its been covered before, just thought I would put it out there.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: July 08, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »

mod/data/hulls/ship_data.csv, and delete "no_drop" from the AS column from what you want to show up.

pipai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 09, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »

Reporting a minor bug.

Doesn't load on linux, it seems like it's because the code assumes case-insensitive filenames from MagicLib. If you rename all the base_* files in graphics/magic/fx/ with BASE_*, the mod will load.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 09, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »

Thanks for all the bug reports, got it fixed internally, just working on some more balance adjustments and some sprite updates before I release it.

Reporting a minor bug.

Doesn't load on linux, it seems like it's because the code assumes case-insensitive filenames from MagicLib. If you rename all the base_* files in graphics/magic/fx/ with BASE_*, the mod will load.

You should post that in the MagicLib thread.

mod/data/hulls/ship_data.csv, and delete "no_drop" from the AS column from what you want to show up.

About that: to my knowledge, no_drop only makes it so blueprints don't spawn in the wild corresponding with that ship - when no_drop is there, the only way to get the BPs is by raiding the market of a faction that knows it from the start. This is intentional for the rarest ships in the mod. It doesn't affect the spawn rate of ships in markets, but I've confirmed they do show up eventually. If you want the BPs to show up on research stations and the like, remove no_drop.

edit: Market spawning, however, is governed partly by default_ship_roles.json which also determines how often ships show up in fleets.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:04:16 PM by Cycerin »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 09, 2019, 07:46:22 PM »

About that: to my knowledge, no_drop only makes it so blueprints don't spawn in the wild corresponding with that ship - when no_drop is there, the only way to get the BPs is by raiding the market of a faction that knows it from the start. This is intentional for the rarest ships in the mod. It doesn't affect the spawn rate of ships in markets, but I've confirmed they do show up eventually. If you want the BPs to show up on research stations and the like, remove no_drop.

edit: Market spawning, however, is governed partly by default_ship_roles.json which also determines how often ships show up in fleets.

Whoops, well. Sorry for the bad info, that makes sense actually. I'll check my own and try to get it back lined out again.

Edit: Actually, how DO you get the N-0 to show up? If im understanding this file correctly, it already should. Is it just hideously rare? I actually have a Morpheus but I've never seen a zero.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:54:41 PM by HeartofDiscord »

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: July 12, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »

Hi. Why Blackrock markets sell only damaged ships? How to fix that?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 209