Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790912 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.1 (23.03.2018)
« Reply #2805 on: April 08, 2019, 04:30:41 AM »

anywhere to download the old version? need it for 0.8.1
I just need the version before this one, one from 2017
i think you got some things confused here.. the big download link in the OP still is for vanilla 0.8.1, because this mod hasn't gotten a release for 0.9 yet. vanilla 0.9 was released at the end of 2018, so the latest version of most mod releases for 0.8.1 was also sometime in 2018, not all the way back in 2017 when vanilla 0.8.1 got released. as it says in the threat title here, the latest Blackrock version for 0.8.1 was released on 23rd march of 2018.

always pay attention to the version number at the beginning of a mod's threat title, it shows for which vanilla version the latest mod release has been:

[0.8.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.1 (23.03.2018)

you'll always wanna download the latest mod version for whichever vanilla version you're playing, not the mod version that was released right after the vanilla release.

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 08, 2019, 07:24:24 AM »

You know that save transfer doesn't work in .9 right?

oh snap! Will it ever? I hate starting over :(

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 08, 2019, 07:34:06 AM »

Even if it gets updated (hopefully/eventually) it will never be able to transfer a save from 0.8 to 0.9. You may not be aware, but Vanilla now has accelerated starts that gives you a fleet and a cruiser right off the bat.

If you are dead set on using your previous character, your best bet is to install Console Command, give you a bunch of skill points, give you the right hulls and a couple milions credits to outfit them.

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 14, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »

ok cool. Can't wait for blackrock to be playable again, I really had a hard time against these ships when starting back out, but ive got a lot more experience now in fitting/flying/and command :)

I seriously want to smash these guys.

Octavus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: May 13, 2019, 04:17:12 AM »

Take your time with the release man I definitely understand modding is a lot of work, hope everything is going smoothly, cheers. :D

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Blackrock 0.9.5 released!
« Reply #2810 on: June 09, 2019, 07:00:31 AM »

Blackrock's back.

DOWNLOAD BLACKROCK FOR STARSECTOR 0.9.1a!
IMPORTANT: Blackrock now requires MagicLib in addition to GraphicsLib and LazyLib. You can go download it here.
IMPORTANT: If you don't have the latest version of Starsector (0.9.1a RC8) the game may crash when attempting to draw projectiles from certain weapons.

I decided to cut some content I was working on to just get the update out while people are still playing 0.9.1.

The changelog is huge and can be read below. The main content additions or revamps are summarized above the spoiler.

- Added Dynastos-class Destroyer
- Added Antaeus-class Heavy Cruiser
- Added Dragonfly-class Heavy Gunship
- Added Straff Tactical Cannon, small ballistic weapon
- Added ESPADA Repeater, large energy weapon
- Added Thunderhead UAC, medium ballistic weapon
- Added Gridfire MRM/Pod, small and medium missiles
- Added Light Shredder, small ballistic weapon
- Added Hellbender-class Heavy Fighter
- Asura-class Cruiser was fundamentally redesigned
- Cetonia-class Freighter was redesigned
- Serket fighter turned into a rocket bomber

Spoiler
General:

- Starsector 0.9 and 0.9.1 related updates: campaign changes, .csv and tooltip stuff, blueprints, descriptions, all the other minor things.
- Base Value, Ordnance Points, FP, Supply/rec adjustments to many ships to bring in line with new vanilla standard (mostly reductions)
- Custom Venting AI disabled for all BR ships except Imaginos, Morpheus (vanilla vent AI has improved, on average makes AI-controlled ships less likely to die)
- A truckload of sound effects were edited or remade to better "mix" during a big battle, like the sound changes that were done in 0.9 for vanilla
- Added conditions/custom conditions to pregen planets in Gneiss and Rama, created new faction fleet doctrine with a greater emphasis on numbers and agression
  Markets vital to the faction will occasionally spawn more elite fleets comprised of a smaller number of more expensive ships in addition to the above
- Improvements and fixes for various code, mostly shipsystem scripts, AI scripts and missile AIs
- Nexerelin compatibility updated, deprecated stuff removed
- Added trail FX to certain projectiles, BRDY now requires MagicLib
 (This was mainly done to make Ferrocannon/Ferrogun look similar-but-cooler and simultaneously solve hit detection issues with them)
- Added support for the mod Vesperon Combine (content whitelist)

Content additions/major changes:

- Added Dynastos-class Destroyer
- Added Antaeus-class Heavy Cruiser
- Added Dragonfly-class Heavy Gunship
- Added Straff Tactical Cannon, small ballistic weapon
- Added Espada Particle Repeater, large energy weapon
- Added Thunderhead UAC, medium ballistic weapon
- Added Gridfire MRM/Pod, small and medium missiles
- Added Light Shredder, small ballistic weapon
- Added Hellbender-class Heavy Fighter
- Asura-class Cruiser was fundamentally redesigned
- Cetonia-class Freighter was redesigned
- Serket-class Phase Fighter redesigned, now Serket-class Rocket Bomber (Fires Quill rockets, no longer phases)
- Argus PD Array has been replaced with the Thermal Projector, a new medium energy point defense weapon
- Added BRDY Focused Shield Emitter hullmod
- Various fighter-specific and built-in weapons for new ships
- Added new campaign music track
- Various significant changes to existing ships and weapons; see below

Changes:

- Locust-class Gunship: Somewhat late, but renamed to Goblin-class Gunship to resolve name conflict with vanilla Locust SRM missile. Internal identifier is the same
- Megaceras: Ship system changed to Heavy Maneuvering Jets, Peak Performance Time correspondingly changed to 300 (was 420)
  Central small hybrid turret changed to medium hybrid, OP increased to 70 (was 65)
  Now features buit-in combat drone wing
  Slightly less cargo capacity
- Scorpion: Peak Performance Time changed to 360 (was 300), minor stat changes
  Stinger Drones now have built-in single barrel shredder turret pointing forwards
- Stenos: Shield efficiency to 0.75, Neutrocyte AEX drone now launches wing of 3 and comes with WSPR missiles
  Ordnance Points from 150 to 125, Base Value and supply/month lowered
- Mantis: Put on the chopping block
  Now has 1 medium and 2 missile hardpoints instead of universals, front turret changed to hybrid from ballistic
  Hull to 1750 (was 1500), Armor to 275 (was 250), Max. Flux to 2600 (was 2500)
  Peak Performance Time normalized to 180 (was 140)
  This is to differentiate its role from the Dragonfly, strangely this constraint yields overall stronger loadouts and a more reliable premium frigate
- Weevil: semi-redesigned as an utility campaign frigate, with logistics hullmods (it has been more or less supplanted by the Dragonfly as a combat frigate)
  Rear turrets changed to built-in Light Shredders, stats adjusted, comes with built-in Salvage Gantry and Surveying Equipment
- Zabrus: Peak Performance time to 210 (was 180), ship system changed to Heavy Maneuvering Jets
- Kurmaraja: FP and Base Value slightly increased, Ordnance Points lowered by 10
  Brakefield Emitter system now affects BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM projectiles by deflection, rather than having no effect on them, AI logic somewhat improved (thx DR!)
- Nevermore: Peak Performance time to 390 (was 360)
  Front Medium turret angles slightly changed to prevent sprite overlaps
  Antimatter Lance now pierces missiles, appearance adjusted
- Hawkmoth: Ordnance Points lowered by 10, supply/month and FP reduced a little
- Imaginos: Rift Cannon max charges to 10 (from 8)
- Typheus Light Carrier: has been buffed towards a more premium carrier, reflecting its importance given the lack of carrier options in BRDY
  Now has Heavy Maneuvering Jets instead of Sentinel Drone, has lower base speed and lower PPT
  Recieved buffs to flux cap, flux dissipation and 10 additional Ordnance Points, some slot changes
  Supply/rec and /month increased to 12 (was 10)
- Bolide/Comet: Redesigned, Comet is now a flat-out smaller version of the bolide, both weapons had 100 range shaved off. Changed to clip-ammo mechanic.
  Both weapons are now 1:1 flux ratio and very efficient medium range weapons, with high burst damage but low damage over time.
- Scalaron Repeater: OP Cost lowered to 12 (from 14), EMP Damage per hit increased to 80 (from 75), Chargeup lowered to 0.25 (was 0.5), max. recoil lowered to 12 (was 18)
  Changed to clip-based reload mechanic instead of finite ammo
- Burst Cannon: Now targets missiles by default (similar priority to Devastator Cannon), but cooldown was increased by 0.5 seconds, range lowered to 600 and inaccuracy increased.
- Quill Rockets (all weapons): Semi-redesigned, now more reliable overall and self-destruct treshold optimized to prevent weirdness
- Fury-class Torpedo Rack: Costs 4 OP (down from 5), but cooldown increased to 8 seconds, so both torpedoes can no longer be fired in quick succession
- INM Assault Gun: Initial ammo increased to 12 (was 9), ammo regen rate increased to 2.5 (was 2)
- Achilles LRM: Now has slightly higher replenish rate and 1 extra starting ammo (6), so the pod version is exactly 2x its existing ammo
  Now has a splitting SFX for the MIRV behavior
- Fury Torpedoes (all): Removed extra HE damage component from on-hit script
  Uses quadtrail instead of particles, color of engine tweaked to better differentiate from Rage SRM
- Heavy SPL: Now same fire rate (15 sec reload instead of 10) and ammoless like Light SPL
  Damage increased to 800 (was 700), proj. health slightly increased, accuracy slightly less ***
- PDEs (all): Stats rebalanced across the board, no ultra-major changes but should feel snappier and be slightly more reliable
- Dart SRM (all): AI now more "fire and forget" - will not always seek ship target; prioritize closer targets and any fighters over other targets
- Linear Pulse Gun: Flux/sec and damage/shot both slightly lower, new projectile look/color (purple) to differentiate from other weapons
- Ferrogun/Ferrocannon: Minor stat adjustments, projectile appearance adjusted with use of trails, projectile hitbox is now "short" which should reduce hit registration weirdness
  Now deals EMP damage per hit, should make them more useful overall, but not broken on the Karkinos
- Ironweaver ADC: OP cost reduced to 20 (was 25), Cooldown increased to 1 (was 0.8), range decreased to 650 (was 800), max. charges decreased to 4 (was 5)
  Ironweaver projectiles now only have a proximity fuse check vs missiles and bombs, increasing damage against large ships significantly as the projectiles will actually hit their hull
- Eschaton Superfreighter: Now has Heavy Maneuvering Jets shipsystem, and 2 built in drone wings
  Front missile hardpoints changed to Medium instead of Small, has built-in Nav Relay hullmod
  Has additional crew-carrying capability, making it better suited for colonization
  Minor stat adjustments
  Supply/month increased to 24 (was 22)
- Krait Heavy Fighter: Changed built-in HE cannons to a clone of normal INM Assault Gun with reduced shot damage (30 instead of 55) and 450 range instead of 600 range
  Now has a nose Light Shredder instead of normal Shredder
- Taipan Heavy Interceptor: Added ECCM Package for better missile performance
  Renamed built-in Achilles variant "Ajax SRM", adjusted stats slightly
  Increased Taipan max speed to 350 (was 330)
- Mosquito Missile Bomber: Increased max speed to 240 (was 200)
- Nadir Defense Fighter: Now has 2x fixed Light Particle Rifles as main weapons for chipping away at other fighters and damaged ships, retains Light Burst Cannon
- Dipteron Interceptor: Is now an unmanned drone fighter

Hullmods:
- Lowered the base regen factor of the Nanolattice Armor hullmod, slightly buffed base armor values of the Imaginos and Morpheus to compensate
- Nanolattice Armor no longer imposes any restrictions on which armor/hull hullmods can be installed alongside it
- BRDY Strike Suite: OP cost slightly lowered, damage and flux bonuses halved to 10%
  Now increases weapon range slightly depending on hullsize instead of lowering it (5/10/20/35%) and increases projectile speed by 25%
  Now incompatible with Safety Overrides in addition to ITU/DTC
- BRDY Assault Fitting: Renamed to Blackrock Systems Reinforcement, now increases Peak Performance Time by 20% instead of lowering repair times
  Hull bonus increased by 10% (to 25%)

Misc:
- Added crash on load for missing dependencies (LazyLib, GraphicsLib, MagicLib)
[close]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:13:20 AM by Cycerin »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5 (09.06.2019)
« Reply #2811 on: June 09, 2019, 07:08:42 AM »

Yes! Time to start a new run. Thank you for your hard work.

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:20 AM »

I can hardly believe my eyes. Update?!? Well it seems like my gaming session’s being extended.

Edit: Now i’m curious. What made you remove the old Asura in favor of the new one as opposed to just making the new one a different ship class?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:02:52 AM by Oblivion »
<Nada>

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 09, 2019, 07:57:02 AM »

Nice work!  :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

JadedTarget

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 09, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »

That is a nice and large changelog.  Thank you for getting BRDY out there, Cycerin!

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: June 09, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »

AWWW YEEE

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: June 09, 2019, 10:19:59 AM »

Well I just had passed the initial bump of difficulty in a spacer start in a new game, but just  as I was reading that Blackrock updated my whole fleet spontaneously scuttled.
Guess I'll have to start a new game with Blackrock.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: June 09, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »

*** yes, Blackrock ships are just so fun to pilot.

.Wav

• Ensign
  • Fat cat energy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: June 09, 2019, 11:25:48 AM »

I just made an account to say thanks for this absolute masterpiece. I've been playing starsector since 2013 and this is probably one of the best mods out there.

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: June 09, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »

Blackrock's back.

I would like to give the humblest and sincerest thank you for all of your hard work my good sir, i'm looking forward to this and hotly anticipating those new features sometime in the future!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:53:29 AM by jeffg10 »
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 209