Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790717 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.0
« Reply #1860 on: December 06, 2015, 09:45:08 PM »

\o/

i should reeeaaally sleep right now, though..... <_<

Ionise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »

AH HELL YEAH!?( ^.^)?

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 06, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Glad to see the deployment cost being brought in line with the vanilla stuff, especially for the Nevermore.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 07, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »

@Cycerin: you forgot a few of the hybrid mount changes in your changelog, like for Karkinos and Eschaton.

haven't gotten to play yet, but just from looking at the codex, the Eschaton seems pretty op now. the Atlas had some serious nerfs, with removed flight deck, civilian grade hullmod, burn speed differences becoming a lot more important and maybe even with the changes to Augmented Engines. i really like that there are some proper military freighters in BRDY, which is something i'm missing in vanilla, but i think the advantages of the Eschaton are too many and too large:
  • much more durable
  • much more weaponry and OP
  • much more powerful system
  • still has some carrier capability
  • access to various brdy hullmods
  • standard military capital ship burn speed
  • no penalties to sensor strength and signature
  • double fuel capacity
for all of that, 25% smaller cargo capacity and a bit higher maintenance seems barely worth mentioning. i think at the very least, its burn speed should be in line with Atlas and Prometheus, especially with access to BR Drive Conversion. significantly higher maintenance and fuel consumption could also help.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 07, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »

Hm.  Can agree with arguments on the burn speed & possibly sensor strength / signature.  Don't much care about fuel capacity myself, so ./shrug.  On the combat ability front, though, I suspect the Eschaton's improvements over the Atlas are just irrelevant; I'd love to see a large freighter that - like the smaller Mule - is occasionally worth actually deploying outside of a retreat scenario - but I don't think the Eschaton manages that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:08 AM »

right, the combat advantages are not nearly as big a deal as they would be on a ship you actually want to deploy in battle. i just think it shouldn't have those combat benefits and significant campaign benefits. the fuel capacity is probably the least of those, but 500 less cargo capacity also isn't really a big deal when you have a fleet with superfreighters.

as for real combat freighters, i'd like to see more of those in general as well. but military transports (ships that are still dedicated freighters/tankers/troop-transports, but with miliary grade hulls and systems) also fit well into the sector, i think. having ships that are cheap to manufacture and maintain is important, but so is having ships that can properly defend themselves in an emergency. the major factions, including the Independents, could even have dedicated military transport fleets, designed to break through blockades, or to operate in systems with high pirate activity or open faction hostilities.

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 07, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »

Not sure if this is linked to any mod, but i only seem to get a blank screen with music playing, i can blindly press buttons but nothing seems to fix it.
Using BRDY with only Lazy & Shaderlib. I usually play in 1920x1090 borderless window but going full screen doesn't seem to change anything.

EDIT: Turns out allocating more memory to SS fixed this. I figured it already active but it seems SS reset the jre folder, didn't account for that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:08:03 PM by DanJSC »

CaveBacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 07, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »

as for real combat freighters, i'd like to see more of those in general as well.

I agree!  This is part of the reason that I'm so pleased with the Tiandong mod, which is more or less composed of existing ships converted into combat freighters.

I haven't played as BRDY recently enough to see how well the Megaceras fits this role.  I liked running a Knight as my logistics support ship, because of its versatility: it had decent capacity for both cargo and fuel, had a flight deck, was worth fielding in combat if you had ships to support it, and was relatively cheap for a cruiser.

Euqocelbbog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 07, 2015, 02:40:07 PM »

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it out when I get home.

Rip asura

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 07, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »

Not sure if your mod of SS+ but whenever I take a commission with Blackrock I keep getting yelled at for not being hostile to "Knights of Ludd". I'm hostile to both displayed Ludd factions (church and path) so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here.  Will post in SS+ as well.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 07, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »

Not sure if your mod of SS+ but whenever I take a commission with Blackrock I keep getting yelled at for not being hostile to "Knights of Ludd". I'm hostile to both displayed Ludd factions (church and path) so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here.  Will post in SS+ as well.
It is a bug with Nexe. Look there for help
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:08 AM »

Hmm yeah, the Eschaton wasn't supposed to have such a high burnspeed. Going to fix that in the next update, and do some more combat testing. It's an OK carrier in a mixed fleet right now, but it still dies to bombers or any kind of focused attack really hard. To be honest, I didn't look at it too hard when updating all the ship stats. It's supposed to be inbetween the Atlas and the II cap combat freighter.

The main thing is that the Eschaton has no missiles, so if you want it to actually participate in combat, it needs to put itself into danger. Given it has one of the worst accel/decel stats in the entire game, that can go bad quite fast. But with a timid officer, it could serve as a supplemental carrier that fends off enemy fighters and frigs.

The Eschaton is one of those ships where it has combat utility mostly for the sake of the player fighting it, rather than for the sake of the player using it themselves.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:50:09 AM by Cycerin »

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 08, 2015, 11:01:22 AM »

Was messing around with the plasma cannon in the sim on BRDY ships with the strike suite, and it seems the hullmod now reduces weapon flux costs to %15 of the original and not reducing it by %15.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 08, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »

Aww yeah that's my jam right there. Loving the new Shard and Volley Gun SFX.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 08, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »

Was messing around with the plasma cannon in the sim on BRDY ships with the strike suite, and it seems the hullmod now reduces weapon flux costs to %15 of the original and not reducing it by %15.

That is... really dumb. Let me check.

E: Yep, it's borked. Dunno how that happened. Going to have a hotfix out soon.

Aww yeah that's my jam right there. Loving the new Shard and Volley Gun SFX.

Hehe, was wondering if some people would find it jarring compared to the softer old sfx (which has been in there since 2013 after all)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:00:54 PM by Cycerin »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 209