Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1791241 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.4
« Reply #1755 on: October 18, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »

I'm pretty sure there are just as many in both cases, but are spread in a much larger sector.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 18, 2015, 02:10:15 AM »

I'm pretty sure there are just as many in both cases, but are spread in a much larger sector.
Interesting, maybe that's it. I should probably just cut a few mods.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 18, 2015, 03:18:16 AM »

Well, my mod list isn't exactly tiny (at least, it's a miracle it runs on 1300MB of heap RAM), however only one full BRDY playthrough and my current full midline playthrough were with Nexerelin (with default universe settings). A few short SCY attempts and other fiddlings in there too. I seem to recall that without Nexerelin, BRDY's system has a pirate station in it. With it, odds are high they'll be present in a system together somewhere. If not, capturing a station is a good way to push relationships forward. :P
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 18, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »

Hmm, this is weird. I'm playing with Nexalin and it seems that certain BRDY ships are phased out after a period of time. I started a fresh playthough and I can buy everything but an Asura. However, when they are knocked down to 2 markets and when I'm lvl 20+, everything heavier than a superfreighter was phased out. I only saw 1 interdictor in the reserve fleet. Is that a feature of Nexalin (but this only happens with BRDY) or is there a 'tech level' that BRDY got knocked down of?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:48:06 PM by D00D »

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 19, 2015, 02:38:07 AM »

Alright so just downloaded SS a couple of days ago then of course I modded the crap out of SS and out of all the faction mods out there... right now I'm absolutely love BRDY. The ships are amazing. The music is amazing. The lore seems to be well done (I usually don't pay much attention to this, but when I read the description for the Karkinos... I squealed... just a little bit). The drones are really cool. Love the shading. Some of the weapons are really epic.

The only other faction I really like would be the Templars. That's pretty much only for how over powered their weapons and ships are. I dislike the faction's color theme though... red/blue-cyan/yellow/white?!?

Anyways BRDY has really cool stuff and I currently have a fleet consisting of mostly BRDY ships. I feel that something is missing... OH RIGHT there's barely any utility ships! Can we please see a new line of utility ships? Such as a brand new BRDY TUG! Or how about a brand new BRDY Construction Rig? Why not a BRDY Mobile HQ? What about a capital utility ship? Combines everything in one amazing package!

Also this isn't a Utility ship, but I'd really love to have some sorta small missile only barge... or a capital ship just so I can shove as many Scalaron Pulse Launchers onto it as possible... I'd love to fill the entire battlefield with tiny green glowing orbs of death. =)

If that missile ship isn't possible... I'll just have to get the Olympus-class Launcher then. =/

Thanks for the awesome mod! I hope to see even more epic updates from you in the future.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:42:20 AM by Omnicast »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 19, 2015, 03:27:09 AM »

There is one. Scorpion destroyer has 3 medium universals and 2 small missile mounts. Pack it full of missiles and watch the carnage. And it still has 2 cannon drones on top of that.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 19, 2015, 04:17:19 AM »

AI feel that something is missing... OH RIGHT there's barely any utility ships! Can we please see a new line of utility ships? Such as a brand new BRDY TUG! Or how about a brand new BRDY Construction Rig? Why not a BRDY Mobile HQ? What about a capital utility ship? Combines everything in one amazing package!

Also this isn't a Utility ship, but I'd really love to have some sorta small missile only barge... or a capital ship just so I can shove as many Scalaron Pulse Launchers onto it as possible... I'd love to fill the entire battlefield with tiny green glowing orbs of death. =)
The Kurmaraja is sort of like a capital utility ship, its very unique and certainly not a typical front line fighter, and neither is the Karkinos. And the reason why there aren't tugs and construction rigs for every faction is because there has to be some kind of side grade or upside to using the vanilla ones, or its just bloat, and there isn't much in the way of interesting things one can do with tugs and construction rigs besides straight number increases, which isn't always a good idea.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 19, 2015, 04:27:50 AM »

Hmm, this is weird. I'm playing with Nexalin and it seems that certain BRDY ships are phased out after a period of time. I started a fresh playthough and I can buy everything but an Asura. However, when they are knocked down to 2 markets and when I'm lvl 20+, everything heavier than a superfreighter was phased out. I only saw 1 interdictor in the reserve fleet. Is that a feature of Nexalin (but this only happens with BRDY) or is there a 'tech level' that BRDY got knocked down of?
Nexerelin doesn't touch fleet compositions directly.

Checking my current game (207.2.1, level 37) at the local Blackrock capital I see one Eschaton in the open market, and two Karkinosi, one Nevermore and one Desdinova in the military market, and one Desdinova in the black market. (This is with SS+)

My best guess is the low market stability is keeping the high-level ships from spawning? ( mine is at stability 8 )
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:25:15 AM by Histidine »

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 19, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

Re: the above discussion: Usually the best way to build BRDY rep is to grind enemy fleets in Rama/Sita. (Hegemony, TT, Pirates) Don't really have any tips beyond that, and to use trading to your advantage.

Rare or capital ships only spawn in stable (8+) markets except for fringe cases. And it's always random.

Thanks for the awesome mod! I hope to see even more epic updates from you in the future.

Thanks for the post, praise and feedback! There might be a medium Scalaron Pulse Launcher coming up in the future, so look out for that. : )

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 19, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

Re: the above discussion: Usually the best way to build BRDY rep is to grind enemy fleets in Rama/Sita. (Hegemony, TT, Pirates) Don't really have any tips beyond that, and to use trading to your advantage.
Man its been so long.. what are the breakpoints for rep exactly? I think you stop getting generic trade rep at 50 right? I know you still get some rep for kills after 50, but not full. Sometimes, if you don't kill enough it doesn't change. Bounty rep never changes, and station bounty rep never changes as well right?

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 19, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »

There might be a medium Scalaron Pulse Launcher coming up in the future, so look out for that. : )
I for one welcome our Scalaron overlords. Still want that Gale Revolver Cannon for a large mount mate to the ferrogun :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 19, 2015, 03:46:04 PM »

I do love that idea. Might give it a shot at some point in the future.

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »

Rare or capital ships only spawn in stable (8+) markets except for fringe cases. And it's always random.

No wonder they don't spawn, my sector's pretty much in constant anarchy.

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 19, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »

I absolutely love that revolver cannon idea, maybe make it actually use the magazine mechanics and give it incredible burst HE damage with a long reload?

Might be a bit difficult for the AI to use though.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 20, 2015, 05:08:00 AM »

I absolutely love that revolver cannon idea, maybe make it actually use the magazine mechanics and give it incredible burst HE damage with a long reload?

I thought a revolver cannon would be good because it gives Cycerin lots of room to balance it - a gale battery like a squall battery would frankly be too much HE at once at too big a range, while a revolver cannon can either fire constantly but really slowly like a glacial machine gun, or fire bursts of arbitrary size at arbitrary speeds at arbitrary intervals and still be believable.

It also makes sense mechanically - the large squall is a battery designed for volume of fire, while a gale would be designed for ranged precision.

I will also admit that I want for it because:

a) it sounds badass
b) I just want one of these on my ships
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 209