Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790855 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.0 - UPDATED !!!
« Reply #1410 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »

I for one hope to see the Silverfish various skin ideas applied to other hulls. Maybe it'll be a good opportunity to see the Imaginos system in another ship, experimental hull maybe?

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 30, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »

It *is* tempting to basically turn the Mod Silverfish into a Mod Starbridge.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 30, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »

I say go for it; maybe for purely visual reasons, make the wingtip mounts built-in INMs?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 01, 2015, 01:12:46 AM »

So far I adore everything about this mod, shrimpmissile and Nevermore sniping most of all. That is, except the Mako-class fighters. The concept seemed pretty cool at first, but then I remembered (through re-experience) that fighters don't collide...they simply float through you before parking on your aftside and unloading into it. Not really sure how to counter that other than flying in such a way as to have a destroyer directly behind me at all times...
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 01, 2015, 01:14:34 AM »

The Mako fighter is from the Citadel mod.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 01, 2015, 01:16:33 AM »

Pff, well, never mind then. It really looks like a BRDY model. Back to sneaking Antimatter Lances past raising shields.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 02, 2015, 05:12:25 AM »

Yeesssssss
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 05, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »

New system with a three-way war between the Hegemony, Tri-Tachyon and Blackrock.
Argh this please. I've been spending hours sitting around Gneiss with nothing but 4-frigate pirate spawns popping up, and all the bounties are on the other side of the sector :P

Edit: I've been using BRDY weapons in my Expansion-Epoch ship game because stock medium energy weapons are so ... boring after playing BRDY. Some feedback, weapons-only:

• I never played BRDY 0.66, so the PDE changes are new to me. The beam speed changes feel like too much - it was always more attractive to run scalarons + squalls/gales instead of shard/ferro + PDE, and now its more so, because unless I go to kissing range my damage went down.
  • Now that we actually have large energy weapons, think about a large scalaron repeater? The blaster does too much alpha to be upscaled, it would just be ludicrous.
  • I'll pipe up again with the desire for a large Gale weapon. The alpha on the Gale is already pretty strong, so how about a Revolver Cannon Gale?
  • I see the noise about an LRM, and I guess I can see the need even though I basically never ever use them, but one missile I do want is a Typhoon Reaper Launcher style medium mount of the Fury torps.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:20:35 AM by Taverius »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 06, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »

I don't really want to make more large weapons, if I make one it'd probably be a large missile since BRDY currently has zero of those.

it was always more attractive to run scalarons + squalls/gales instead of shard/ferro + PDE

I disagree, one setup is more flux efficient than the other by a massive margin and does almost as much overall damage. It depends on what you prefer. PDEs are more cumbersome now but they still give very reliable anti-armor, and the Sunstorm PDE has the perk of being a large anti-armor weapon that does equally well against targets of all sizes. :) A ferro + pde Karkinos is possibly the best anti-frigate setup you can get.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:47:27 AM by Cycerin »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 06, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »

PDEs are more cumbersome now
I guess my main beef is the AI doesn't know about the beam speed thing, so it hangs out at max range and pokes enemies with the tip of the beam ...

P.S. So I've tried the silverfish(es) and I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about - what setup are you guys using?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:44:26 PM by Taverius »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 10, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »

It's particularly the Silverfish mod with the extra missile mounts that I run with. 3 Tactical Lasers and some Swarmers are what I use on mine. I just let the AI tackle and soften stuff with them so I can fly in and get the kill. In a frigate pack it's frighteningly effective and it just gets better the more points into technology you get.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 11, 2015, 08:06:39 AM »

*wonders how long it will take Crackyards to update this time...*
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 11, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »

*wonders how long it will take Crackyards to update this time...*
Don't worry, I'm sure "Blackbong Dank Yards" will be back soon. :P

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 12, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »

I'm already working on the update, it shouldn't take that long.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.1 - Patch Out !
« Reply #1424 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »

Hell, I sat up all night again. EDIT: hold on, reuploading, had to fix something

DOWNLOAD BLACKROCK FOR STARSECTOR 0.65.2a!

Changelog:

v0.7.1

NOTE: due to variant/ship changes, old saves probably won't load into this version. Sorry!
- Compatible with latest Starsector version again
- Added powwwwerrrrful new music: Market music, Friendly music, Hostile encounter music
- Adjusted music volumes
- Fixed a bug with abrupt stopping of music playback
- Changed Silverfish and Silverfish-B shield arcs to 90 degrees, from 180 degrees
- Changed frontal turret arc of all Silverfish to 160 degrees
- Added shielded cargoholds hullmod to Mod Silverfish, changed shields to front shield, side turrets to Ballistic, edited sprite, and added two fixed built-in INM Assault Guns to the sides.
- Changed stats of Silverfishes somewhat
- Wrote proper Mod Silverfish description
- Added ammo/clip mechanic to all ballistics
- Buffed energy weapon damage by ~25% across the board to match vanilla changes
- Made PDEs pierce and damage missiles and rockets
- Made AM Lance pierce missiles and rockets, but left damage unbuffed.
- The side pointing turrets on the Nevermore's middle are now fixed missile hardpoints.
- Added regenerating charges to Scalaron Repeater and lowered the ammo slightly. Lowered projectile speed and flux per shot. Increased damage and shot deviation. The overall vision is for it to act like a suppression weapon that can be fired at length, rather than as a high-flux and high-damage general use weapon. So use it against something that will eat all the shots and it will be very effective, but missing a 2-second burst against a frigate won't leave your ship at 80% flux anymore.
- Added CONSERVE_1 tip to Quill Rocket Launcher, AI and autofire should leave a little ammo for clutch plays now.
- Fixed Typheus rear mounts position
- Increased Imaginos turn rate and turn accel
- Changed Blackbong Dank Yards illegal commodities from drugs and hand weapons to organs and hand weapons.
- Fixed missile quadtrails to look better
- Fixed bug that disallowed use of Blackrock hullmods in the campaign when SS+ is not installed
- Added large universal hardpoint to the 0-Series Nevermore, and added 15 additional ordnance points to the ship. Also changed mounts a bit and edited sprite to match.
- Added High Maintenance hullmods to Imaginos, Desdinova and Nevermore. Sorry, no fun allowed.
- Increased Achilles MRM ammo and buffed main missile and MIRV health slightly, as well as frag damage dealt by the MIRVs. now acts as a high-performance heatseeker with limited ammo in contrast to the salamander. They should be worth the OP even compared to endless regen Salamanders, and can actually hurt/kill ships: each missile also deals ~500 damage to shields before shield strength calculation if all three MIRVS connect, and a brutal 1500 hull damage should they perfectly hit an armorless spot on the enemy ship.
- Changed a Locust in the End Times mission to a Silverfish B and removed the enemy Doom-class, mission should be beatable again now
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:06:49 PM by Cycerin »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 209