Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1803039 times)

Makaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.6.6 - Updated!
« Reply #1275 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

Hi again!

I just wonder, since you guys have experience in modding stuff ( not only experience .. i mean the Blackrock Mod seems to be the most high quality yet available), is there anything that can force A.I. ships to turn their ships 90 degrees to use a broadside maneouvre? for example - having a Ship with 4 cannons left, 4 cannons right but only a few light weapons to the front .. Can you force the A.I. to use the side weaponry in prime, instead of its fore weapons?

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 29, 2014, 01:10:11 PM »

I'm not a modder, but perhaps if the ship can't fire directly forward, it will turn until it has a usable angle of fire?

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 29, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »

Hi again!

I just wonder, since you guys have experience in modding stuff ( not only experience .. i mean the Blackrock Mod seems to be the most high quality yet available), is there anything that can force A.I. ships to turn their ships 90 degrees to use a broadside maneouvre? for example - having a Ship with 4 cannons left, 4 cannons right but only a few light weapons to the front .. Can you force the A.I. to use the side weaponry in prime, instead of its fore weapons?

This should probably go in this thread http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5061.0.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 06, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »

Something I'm working on for the next patch, the Silverfish.
A high-end civilian frigate made by Blackrock for export and internal use, it's got powerful engines, a decent cargo hold, and three turrets that can converge on targets effectively.

Spoiler
Since it's kind of a homage to the Starbridge from EVN, it'll have a few skins floating around - militarized Blackrock version, smuggler version, etc
[close]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:57:37 PM by Cycerin »

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 06, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »

So I know it may not exactly fit into the hit and run style of Blackrock designs. But is there a chance we will ever see some long range missiles from BDY anytime soon? Or maybe kind of a phase frigate? I love the Aurora but given its support profile I find it hard to justify its use in early fleets. That being said the special ability that the Aurora has is pretty great to, any chance of seeing that on some other ships? Maybe not even phase ships?

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 07, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »

Do you mean the Asura? Phase ships on Blackrock are kind of an oddity. I might have an idea for how to make them stand out more in the future.

Right now the only long-range missile available is the Ajax, so I have some ideas for possible LRMs/more exotic missiles down the road.

So the Silverfish is gonna be the first ship in this mod to take advantage of the new Ship Skins mechanic in the upcoming SS patch, which lets you have slightly different versions of a single ship that can share variants and share the same name.

The Blackrock-issue Silverfish, which features two additional hardpoints and is tougher. It's a separate ship class.

The Modified Silverfish, which has slightly more tuned engines, a bigger cargo hold, and worse shields. It's a skin.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:27:15 AM by Cycerin »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 07, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »

Since it's kind of a homage to the Starbridge from EVN, it'll have a few skins floating around - militarized Blackrock version, smuggler version, etc
Starbridge :D
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 07, 2014, 02:48:01 PM »

Do you mean the Asura? Phase ships on Blackrock are kind of an oddity. I might have an idea for how to make them stand out more in the future.

Right now the only long-range missile available is the Ajax, so I have some ideas for possible LRMs/more exotic missiles down the road.

Uh yea sorry. Not sure where I got Aurora, especially since I got on starsector right after making the post and used an Asura. Basically I love your ships and enjoy your missiles system and torpedoes and would be thrilled to see a evil little frigate based around using swarms of missiles while still having a BRD venting system. However as far as balancing something like that I wouldn't really know where to start.

Chaos Farseer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »

I think you can put 200 quill missiles on a Mantis? It's not what I'd normally associate with missiles, but those universal mounts may be just what you're looking for.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 07, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »

I think you can put 200 quill missiles on a Mantis? It's not what I'd normally associate with missiles, but those universal mounts may be just what you're looking for.

You have a good point. Maybe I should look into it a bit more. Could be right what I want right under my nose.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 07, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »

The Silverfish gets a big thumbs-up from me; it's very pretty.

You have a good point. Maybe I should look into it a bit more. Could be right what I want right under my nose.

it's 180/314 (without/with Expanded Missile Racks, assuming you fill every universal slot). Here's what I tried:
Spoiler
[close]

Actually pretty decent in the simulator; you have to lead your target a lot, but even a single volley will put the hurting on anything it connects with.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:23:35 PM by Soren »

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:27 PM »

The Silverfish gets a big thumbs-up from me; it's very pretty.

it's 180/314 (without/with Expanded Missile Racks, assuming you fill every universal slot). Here's what I tried:
Spoiler
[close]

Actually pretty decent in the simulator; you have to lead your target a lot, but even a single volley will put the hurting on anything it connects with.

I'm one of those dishonorable people who uses the mod gives me target leads when I target something.

Edit: Wow. This type of setup is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I pretty much use this setup exclusively whenever I have to chase down retreating fleets.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:30:05 AM by Alphascrub »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 08, 2014, 06:35:38 AM »

That def. is a nasty Mantis. Especially considering you can accelerate the rockets further by burst jetting.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:15 AM »

Speaking about rockets, since Alex is buffing pretty much every missile in the game, will you do the same to BDY missiles?

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 08, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »

I'll def. be adjusting things, but how remains to be seen. BRDY missiles already solve a few of the flaws of vanilla missiles (mainly, hit success), so we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 209