Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790989 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.6.5 - With ShaderLib Dynamic Lighting
« Reply #1155 on: May 20, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »

If we're all deluded and blind to your genius, blow our minds by making your own mod. Nothing's stopping you from tweaking BRDY to your own specifications either. I must admit I fail to see the value in most of your suggestions, though, but I do read them.

If your posts had a different tone, and some actual argumentative weight to them, people would leave you alone.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 20, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

really...deleting my comments....well...facts are facts and i wanted to help but if you want to laugh at me for trying to be honest and help and be sarcastic then fine you can fail on your own in this mod..

Please try not to remain at level of such insightful commentary as "the blackrock theme sucks", submitting music someone else has made, and complaining about something being not to your tastes.  You've not really given anyone any reason to treat your opinion as carrying much weight.  As was mentioned in the number of posts Gothars removed, you are actually bad at critique, seeing as actual critique genuinely tells the recipient something meaningful that could potentially be used to avoid the same pitfalls in the future.

The only thing in which this might be said to be the case is what you've said about the Robberfly, and that is merely your opinion; an opinion with which Cycerin, and many others besides, clearly disagrees.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 20, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

Lopunny, BRDY is considered to be one of the most popular, polished, and fun faction mods around. Your "criticisms" of them are based on your own opinions that not a single other person shares. Why is this? Maybe instead of saying how every mod sucks and how they should be changed, maybe you should mod them yourself and retain these changes on your own computer. If you intend to keep advising people on their work, wording it in constructive non abrasive manners would go a very long way to having it taken seriously.

Or better yet make your own mod, it is your world and you are the creator; the only limit is your imagination.

Hashmander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 20, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »

Amazing mod. There seems to be a problem with blackrock hullmods though; can't seem to load the optional BRDY hullmods after you take them off a ship.

Edit: the problem seems to be with the mod's hull_mods.csv file. Change unlocked to TRUE for the assault and targeting suite and they become available
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:40:26 PM by Hashmander »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:51 AM »

Weird, I can swear I fixed that last version. Might have something to do with the forking me and DR have been doing. Thanks for the report! And for anyone else, you can indeed fix it by opening hull_mods.csv and changing that field to TRUE.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1160 on: May 21, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »

If we're all deluded and blind to your genius, blow our minds by making your own mod. Nothing's stopping you from tweaking BRDY to your own specifications either. I must admit I fail to see the value in most of your suggestions, though, but I do read them.

If your posts had a different tone, and some actual argumentative weight to them, people would leave you alone.
I'm still waiting with bated breath for the Lolpunny Zen mod revelation. I'm sure we will all be devastated by it's earth (or star)-shattering brilliance, balance, and ingenuity. Until then however, I'm going to slog through Cycerin's (obviously inferior, but what can we do) efforts.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 21, 2014, 08:07:31 AM »

WARNING!

Several posts have already been removed to avoid this thread from getting derailed any further. Let's get back to discussing Blackrock Drive Yards and let's refrain from making personal attacks or baiting for responses.

Thank you.

Cathair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 22, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »

I like flying Robberflies a lot- someone once said that they're as close as you can get to piloting a fighter in Starsector, and that's how I feel about them.

I don't use more than a couple for chase/mop-up duties in my fleets, though, because the AI is terrible at using them. I don't know what makes the AI want to continually charge at things and fight at about a third of their weapons' effective range in an unshielded piece of tinfoil, but I want it to stop.  :(

Same holds true of many Blackrock ships, like the poor Gonodactylus, which (in my experience) is frequently outperformed by the good ol' Enforcer in the AI's hands. Especially if that Enforcer has Blackrock guns on it.  ;D

IRID1UM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 23, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

Hi,
I got this error twice, any thoughts what causes it? I'm using a whole lot of other factions aswell, maybe they remove a location where BRDY fleets spawn?
Thanks
Spoiler
2509714 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.blackrock.BRSpawnPoint.rndSystem(BRSpawnPoint.java:62)
   at data.scripts.world.blackrock.BRSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(BRSpawnPoint.java:38)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:45)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:21 AM »

Thanks for the report, fixed it for the next release.

Same holds true of many Blackrock ships, like the poor Gonodactylus, which (in my experience) is frequently outperformed by the good ol' Enforcer in the AI's hands. Especially if that Enforcer has Blackrock guns on it.  ;D

I'd give the Gonodactylus another chance after the recent patches, it's one of the fastest/most mobile destroyers in the game with Arcjet Burners, and also probably the most durable with its 6000 hull/ 800 armor (the Enforcer has 5000/750), the odd weapon layout keeping these considerable strengths somewhat in check. When equipped with lots of rockets/missiles, it becomes a very powerful fire support platform, and you can also use the central turret for PD if you want to make a more reliable AI Gonodactylus.

Take the Shrimp into your hearts  :'(

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 26, 2014, 06:53:33 AM »

I've always liked the Gonny as a player ship, but the AI abysmal at asymmetrical ships - the gonny does better than others because the side guns can nearly or just about fire forward, but it still spends a lot of time rotating to bring them about and then going nope nope nope and rotating back and then trying to bring them about again and so on.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 26, 2014, 07:09:59 AM »

For the most part, the AI attempts to face targets, because all turrets except the rear turret can fire forwards. It used to be much worse, when it was an actual broadsider.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 26, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »

Its better, yeah. Its still great fun as a player ship :D

Haven't played that much with the new version (in SS+) ...

Loving the scorpion so far (waiting on the description essay :D) though I find it surprisingly inflexible as far as setups. interesting ship!

Still not grokking the new Kurmaraja - I am less effective in it than the old one, which I never found to be an upgrade over a Nevermore.

'Frank View of Exchanges' guh ... words ... in ... wrong ... order! And I can't make ship names that long as a player - I shall never fly the BRS We Haven't Met But You're A Great Fan Of Mine D:
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »

Hahahah. That one is almost inexcusable, I must admit. Evil. Worst Banks tribute ever.

Yeah the Scorpion is strange - in spite of having 3 medium universals, you pay a high price for specializing it too much. Which again means it can lead to some highly interesting fleet roles. It's very new still so I'm interested in feedback on it.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 26, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »

Hahahah. That one is almost inexcusable, I must admit. Evil. Worst Banks tribute ever.

Yeah the Scorpion is strange - in spite of having 3 medium universals, you pay a high price for specializing it too much. Which again means it can lead to some highly interesting fleet roles. It's very new still so I'm interested in feedback on it.
I actually like the Scorpion a lot. It looks great, it's plenty fun, and I enjoy having it as my flagship.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 209