Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790572 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.5
« Reply #915 on: January 08, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

If you feel Blackrock carriers don't suit your playstyle, you can use stuff from other factions. I have zero plans of adding more carriers to the faction.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 08, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »

make the bigger one have 2 flight decks then...that seems fair

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »

What? The Convergence *has* 2 flight decks.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 08, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »

make the bigger one have 2 flight decks then...that seems fair
What's fair is that it's not your mod and that he can do what he wants. Don't like how many flight decks a Typheus has? Get another one.

Also, the Convergence exists.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 08, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

whats fair is that you dont have an attitude with me...its not yours either...im just making suggestion

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 08, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »

whats fair is that you dont have an attitude with me...its not yours either...im just making suggestion

Except I'm defending the decision of the maker here. And your "suggestions" are sounding more like demands.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:14 PM »

Why not make your own mod?

But I would like to see a Super Capital from Blackrock if at all possible, Ponderous, Heavy armor, well armed, but mainly just something that exudes the epitome of their tech.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 09, 2014, 01:33:03 AM »

Spoiler

[close]
Finally got xeno's buckshot code working thanks to help from MesoTroniK and by looking at kazi's implementation in the mayorate mod.

It's glorious. Going to apply it to the smaller shotgun type weapons as well?

... more shard weaponry, I compel thee by the power of pretty explosions!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 09, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »

I don't see Black Rock using super capitals, they rely on hit and run tactics, plus with their sub par shield efficiency it would be an easy target.
 In other notes, seeing how carriers seem to be the rage I have yet to see a carrier/fighter centric faction.
 And finally, Cycerin, I confess that I'm in love with the Asura, beastly ship!

Edit: Ishman, I agree shard weapons are awesome, but too many of them would be dull, Black Rock comes from a nanite infested system, surely they can come up with crazier stuff.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:41:45 AM by Sabaton »

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:17 AM »

Well Cycerin's already mused over a large variety of other weapons to add earlier on in this thread if you feel like checking through it.
Butnoseriouslyireallylikeshardweaponry

Edit: Oh and is the bug-fix with no Scalar Deracinator self-damage on jump coming out soon? Because I'm still having difficulty using the imaginos thanks to that frequent self-kill (and getting all my sunfires disabled on jump with the Karkinos makes me sad).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:00:48 AM by Ishman »

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »

oh you like sun fires on the Karkinos as well, do you? You dirty, dirty HE laser beam user :P
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 09, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »

Super-caps is more something I would do... right?? >.>

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »

Well Cycerin's already mused over a large variety of other weapons to add earlier on in this thread if you feel like checking through it.
Butnoseriouslyireallylikeshardweaponry

Edit: Oh and is the bug-fix with no Scalar Deracinator self-damage on jump coming out soon? Because I'm still having difficulty using the imaginos thanks to that frequent self-kill (and getting all my sunfires disabled on jump with the Karkinos makes me sad).

I sort of like the idea of a built-in, huge Shard slug throwing weapon. Like imagine single-shot Shards with a long cooldown that hit like a truck and cause a much bigger explosion if they explode. The Stenos would be a good candidate for something like that...

As for the coming patch, I mostly need to look over campaign stuff and polish some sprites first, and then I can release. The buckshot script and IRL stuff was holding me up.

Spoiler
Did anyone read the codex blurbs I added last patch?
[close]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:47:22 AM by Cycerin »

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »

I assume I did as I usually check over all the ones I can find.  But it's been a little while since I played and can't be sure.  As for the shard weapon idea, I'll admit I like the tiny shard weapons or large cannons still firing a lot of small shards better just with their conceptually unstable payloads.  I guess what I took from the few notes on the phasic rounds made me think they're tough to create and keep from destabilizing.  If it's more just the former that they're a challenge to fabricate but they're quite stable sitting in an ammo hold, go for it.  Honestly, go for it anyway as I still just love a kinetic weapon with a random element of destruction to it.

You simply can't let kinetic rounds graze your hull when facing Blackrock.

While I'm remembering my last playthrough at all, I do recall I thought Fury torpedo damage might want to be lowered by anywhere from 10-25%.  Love the flux charge-up on them, but even a fully healthy ship with shields prepared can't really take one and not be crippled aside from very large ship classes.  Because they move as well as they do, I just think they should still pack a wallop, but more to ships whose defenses are already under duress, not so much to completely fresh vessels.  Big fan of the new buckshot animation you posted and I'll chime in too that I'm interested in seeing the deracinator optimization come in.  I never used the Karkinos as much as I wanted to as it seemed to suffer a lot from the distortions it created.  Plus as I'll talk about below, I let the AI run the show a lot of times and it is not very hesitant about teleporting next to ships in its own fleet.  Ideally I'd like it to consider those ramifications, but can understand if it's not a priority.

As for AI issues mentioned a couple pages back, I'll admit I'm one of the very few that doesn't really like piloting ships in Starsector and really lets the fleet run on autopilot with direction here and there.  The Nevermores are great at it and while Desdinovas sometimes suicide charge, I think it fits with their firepower and tempermental nature.  The only ships I can remember at the moment having issues in Blackrock were the Kuramaja not understanding how to use its interdictor which I believe has been adjusted and somewhat poor performance from the various carriers.  Even when sufficient weapons were placed on them to destroy an inferior target, they have a tendency to just choose to run and since they don't really have the speed to get away, it doesn't make for a great strategy.  Looking forward to the next patch.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 09, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »

I loved the codex blurbs that I found (the karkinos one was particularly great)!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 209