Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790415 times)

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] <UPDATE!> Blackrock Drive Yards v0.5
« Reply #870 on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »

in the same way that this ship carries an entire battle group on its back? :P
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] <UPDATE!> Blackrock Drive Yards v0.5
« Reply #871 on: December 18, 2013, 07:02:09 AM »

More related to its ability to brake an unlimited amount of massive objects.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.5
« Reply #872 on: December 18, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »

GLOWY DOTS, I LIKE GLOWY DOTS!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »

Cycerin, i would be curious to see the evolution of your ships since the BSF editor variant. You reworked some of them countless time since then. Just curious to see how they changed with time.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 18, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »

Here's his old BSF thread.

IIRC, a lot of this stuff was from the BSF metagame, which unfortunately got deleted a while back.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 18, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »

Heh, the old Nevermore. Too bad the metagame thread is gone. I don't even remember what was in it.

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 18, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »

Hey Cycerin, I've been playing your faction more and the Imaginos, and I have not been experiencing any more crashes with the Scalar Deracinator, though I haven't used the Karkinos' deracinator in awhile.

In other news...

Rather than playing Exerelin, I've switched to Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.1 in the meantime, which has Blackrock Drive Yards as a faction in it. I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem unique to the Uomoz mod collection, the Imaginos has been having consistent scalar deracinator feedback issues. The screenshot included above is the aftermath of a scalar deracinator use that put the frigate within about 200 range of the fighter. For whatever reason, there seems to be a feedback whenever the frigate teleports close to something. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but there's not a completely discernible pattern to it. While it only happens when I teleport close enough to a ship to damage it with the scalar deracinator, it does not always happen no matter how far or close to the ship I teleport to. In fact, just after making that screenshot I got into another battle and ended up not having ANY scalar deracinator feedback against fighters and larger ships.

I believe the pattern is that some battles will always cause feedback if you teleport too close, and other battles won't cause them at all. Er... I don't know. Just curious is all, I guess.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 18, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »

Cool that you've been playing Blackrock.

That backlash is sort of part of the Deracinator. It's certainly not intentional (as per how I asked LazyWizard to code the system) but I find it adds flavor and risk, so I kept it. It means you need to very carefully pick your teleport destination if you want to completely avoid risk, but lets you have the option of playing ballsy and taking out enemy engines and fighter wings. It's volatile. It may or may not ruin your day - such is the price you have to pay for instant teleportation (disclaimer: if you do it through a roundabout way learned from studying space monsters, instead of the Domain's sensible, clean method)

I plan to cut it down from actual damage to mere EMP feedback though, in which case you can nullify it by fitting your ship with resistant flux conduits (this also helps at the moment, anyway). This may or may not be related to me losing too many Imaginoses to this.

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 18, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »

Oh, cool. I thought it could be a really cool sort of feature that adds more flavor to the BDY, but I do not recall the ability for the Imaginos and the description of the ship itself mentioning anything about this feedback, so I was uncertain if it was a feature at all. I wouldn't even have mentioned it if yesterday my Imaginos didn't get completely disabled 5 times in a row in one battle, spinning around like Vader's Advanced Tie Fighter in Episode I, lol. Though it was certainly funny the first few times. Since it happened again today I wanted to figure out what the dealio was.

I guess maybe mentioning it somewhere in the Imaginos description would be good? Unless i'm just blind and dumb and missed a disclaimer entirely D:

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 18, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »

Hmm, the Deracinator is just a normal phase teleporter system under the hood, and the extras added onto it are set to explicitly ignore the player ship, so that shouldn't be happening. :(

Edit: oops, found the problem. I was setting the wrong variable at one point, so the 'ignore player' code wasn't actually ignoring the player after the first iteration. I'll write a quick fix and send it to Cycerin. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:54:07 PM by LazyWizard »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »

It's very much happening, LW : P I think it might happen if an EMP arc draws on the player ship while trying to connect with a target.

Could you take a look at it? I'd appreciate a way to neuter this effect while keeping the flavor, and allowing me to make it more damaging to enemy ships without making it a complete and utter hazard to your fleet. (Im looking at you, Karkinoses)

EDIT: I'll PM you.  :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:56:13 PM by Cycerin »

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:03 PM »

So I've been using the Imaginos more, and fitted it with a Reaper launcher and 2 antimatter blasters rather than those 3 linear pulses.

The destroyer was summoned after the Imaginos killed off the destroyers and all but one of the frigates, and even then the Imaginos did most of the damage to the cruisers. It's like a hyper-hyperion or whatever that Tri-T frigate is with the teleportation.

I guess that's the power of expansion epoch ships, huh? XD

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 19, 2013, 03:29:18 AM »

I find that replacing the frontal linear pulse gun with a sunjet is ridiculously effective. I can get massive DPM from the LPGs and a pair of shard guns on the back of the frigate, while augmenting that with the occasional insane burst damage from the sunjet. The potential for rapid strike manouvres is ridiculous, and I have killed many a cruiser by jumping in, at the rear, destroying the engines and pummeling the shield, then porting out and venting (I find that hull mods are actually less helpful - in this case - than loading up on vents and capacitors) Circle strafing is also fun :P
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 19, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

old >

Kark touchup.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:31:46 AM by Cycerin »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »

Sometimes you just need more glowy dots. Also it seems even wider than the old version.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 209