Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790269 times)

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a UPDATE!] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.42
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »

A) Ironweaver Cannon: Sounds fantastic, shards are such a fun line of weaponry to use.
B) Sunstorm PDE: Tri-barreled sunstorm sounds like a rockingly good time - but why not go for both? An assault and support variation - one for dueling capitals and another for long range support.
C) Linear Pulse Battery: This sounds deliciously evil for frigates and destroyers with large mounts that have hit and run playstyles (Desdinova comes to mind as something that'd benefit enormously from a LPB pattern)
D) Quill Battery: More high ammo missile weapons are always appreciated!

For your finisher MRM, you could go with something like a Sunflare that has an HE aoe explosion so it deals a devastating amount of damage to multiple armor sections (BRDY techs point two sunfire emitters at each other inside a munitions case, are not disappointed with results).

YES, MORE WEAPON TYPES, MORE! It's nice to have a good selection of weapons for your ships - especially on ones that are either slot limited or OP limited. I'd love to see some higher OP version BRDY variants as well, the most you've got is 9 OP for small ballistic, 8 for small energy, 6 for small missile, 13 for med ballistic, 15 for med energy, 15 for med missile, and 25 for large ballistic.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 19, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »

The team is great its just they need a carrier with 3-4 flight decks...i mean there trying to be more advanced...then why do all their carriers have one flight deck. I am a carrier commander and i like to have alot of fighters so can you plz make a carrier with 3-4 flight decks?

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 19, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

I don't really see how # flight decks directly corresponds with "advancedness" when it comes to a faction. However, the Convergence will have 2 flight decks.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 19, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »

definetely a triple barrel sunfire yo

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 19, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

Again have to state obvious. BRDY frigates and destroyers are among of the deadliest things in space. I played Uomoz's mod and there were few times when BRDY ships gave me quite hard time. Single sneaky Mantis was able to almost kill my flagship cruiser. And bombers and phase fighters are very hard to deal with.

But I'd like to see some improvements for Gonodactylus. While I am not sure about other aspects of this ship, his claw-missile feels very lacking. Probably in hands of player it may be usefull, but in hands of AI its another story. I can understand ammo/damage numbers. But this missile is more fragile than other missiles of similiar class. It is painfull to watch when Gonodactylus fires his single-ammo special weapon and this missile explodes under PD fire without any effort. While other missiles survive PD fire.

Weh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 19, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »

An assault and support variation - one for dueling capitals and another for long range support.
Oh man, a massive PDE meant for fighting capitals? :o

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 20, 2013, 02:21:14 AM »

Maybe a new affect colour for the larger 1 barrel PDE or something like that.
Maybe moving parts for it.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 21, 2013, 04:45:53 AM »

Again have to state obvious. BRDY frigates and destroyers are among of the deadliest things in space. I played Uomoz's mod and there were few times when BRDY ships gave me quite hard time. Single sneaky Mantis was able to almost kill my flagship cruiser. And bombers and phase fighters are very hard to deal with.

But I'd like to see some improvements for Gonodactylus. While I am not sure about other aspects of this ship, his claw-missile feels very lacking. Probably in hands of player it may be usefull, but in hands of AI its another story. I can understand ammo/damage numbers. But this missile is more fragile than other missiles of similiar class. It is painfull to watch when Gonodactylus fires his single-ammo special weapon and this missile explodes under PD fire without any effort. While other missiles survive PD fire.

Yeah, I bumped up the HP of the Hammerclaw so it can't really realistically ever be shot down by PD, but would still die if it struck a Reaper or something. As for the Gonodactylus, it's a sturdy and low-maintenance ship that carries a devastating "ace in the sleeve" in the form of its hammerclaw and ability to rapidly charge in and out of battle. Piloting it takes some practice but can be strangely rewarding. I might give it a bit more cargo space in the campaign.

In other news Trylobot has been making an animation script for me to make the AM Lance even cooler, and I'm going to figure out a way to make the damage component of the Scalar Deracinator work properly.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:47:24 AM by Cycerin »

Morion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 21, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »

Hi Cycerin, lately I have plaid with Blackrock mostly, and it's just great. First time I tried it, it seemed overpowered to me. But now I think it's pretty balanced, and it's good to hear that you going to change that AI can't use properly.

Were is one bad thing that happened to me. While playing Blackrock with Exerelin two times I got lags and "outofmemory" error when tried to save game. May be it coincidence, but I got it when was refiting Destinova.

Spoiler
3561425 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg into existing tex id 315
3561697 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 504,93 MB of texture data so far
3561698 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/backgrounds/background1.jpg (using cast)
3711340 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 11, FP2: 17, maxFP1: 80, maxFP2: 120
3845011 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 11, FP2: 12, maxFP1: 95, maxFP2: 105
4698899 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_ExelBR_3795173154787570618...
5039229 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.<init>(AbstractStringBuilder.java:45)
   at java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(StringBuffer.java:91)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.peekElement(PathTracker.java:131)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.getPath(PathTracker.java:169)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:53)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller$1.convertAnother(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:84)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:229)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:208)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.<init>(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:171)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMa rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:116)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller$1.convertAnother(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:84)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:229)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:208)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.<init>(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:171)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMa rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:116)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:43)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller$1.convertAnother(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:88)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.wri teItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:64)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.marshal(CollectionConverter.java:55)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:19:26 AM by Morion »

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 21, 2013, 12:48:51 PM »

Were is one bad thing that happened to me. While playing Blackrock with Exerelin two times I got lags and "outofmemory" error when tried to save game. May be it coincidence, but I got it when was refiting Destinova.
Its probably because your game doesn't have enough memory available. Apparently when saving, and during some other operations, game requests big chunk of memory.
In Starsector folder you can change in vmparams file Xmx512m to Xmx1024m(this will increase max size of available memory for game up to 1024 Mb). And because you are using Exerelin mod, you want to be sure that Exerelin and every other activated mod has in its settings "compressSaveGameData":true(in older versions its usually false, so check it. usually its right here MODname/data/config/settings.json). It will make saves smaller which will help too.

Morion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 24, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »

Thanks Magician, I know about it and going to try it. I just ryed to find cause of lags that I got while was playing Exerelin with Kadur and Blackrock.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 25, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »

Yeah, I bumped up the HP of the Hammerclaw so it can't really realistically ever be shot down by PD, but would still die if it struck a Reaper or something. As for the Gonodactylus, it's a sturdy and low-maintenance ship that carries a devastating "ace in the sleeve" in the form of its hammerclaw and ability to rapidly charge in and out of battle. Piloting it takes some practice but can be strangely rewarding. I might give it a bit more cargo space in the campaign.

In other news Trylobot has been making an animation script for me to make the AM Lance even cooler, and I'm going to figure out a way to make the damage component of the Scalar Deracinator work properly.
WIth my new and well buffed Gonodactylus, I can truly be a bully pirate, taking on hammerheads is easy, I take down their shields with my SQG and Iche Guns, then, I have my own way of killing, I get far away while their overloaded, stick burst thrust on, turn left and ram good'old hammerclaw in there, I fire it while embedded in the hull, then, the hammerhead is vaporized.

JOB DONE  8)
I am a violent player who is as insane and overpowered as a Bushi Destroyer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:00:03 PM by GGMC »

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 27, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »

^I am 90% sure Neutrino already has something like that.

EDIT* and so does Nomads

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 27, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »

But its something way special
and too overpowered
And too many OP points to use on any other ship (950)
And too much power can even if turned take out and destroy many onslaughts, Testing was 5
I smashed through a fortress shield
That paragon is now a broadside capital

Why when you can just edit the files and do it yourself.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 28, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »

I cant draw. ;D
Oh well.
I'll stick to whats coming
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 209