Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790391 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a UPDATE!] Blackrock Drive Yards
« Reply #600 on: September 30, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

No, that's one of the future things I'm going to be looking at. Kurmaraja is still strong though :P

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 30, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

In other news, Cycerin should probably start writing sci-fi horror.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:31 AM »

No, that's one of the future things I'm going to be looking at. Kurmaraja is still strong though :P

then the difference must be the BRDY hull mod .. so freaking fast :)
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2013, 06:19:36 AM »

I think I might have slightly buffed the engine stats on that corncob... hmm. Oh well. Damn, if I wrote a complete changelog for this version I think my brain would have melted halfway in.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2013, 07:10:55 AM »

And re: Gneiss being full of things to fight, I can't wait! Will we get to see some of those "pseudolife entities" from the lore?  :)
Space monsters, basically. Uchuu Kaiju stuff. You will see swarming, pale, glittering creatures being vomited out of gashes in the bodies of pale behemoths of comet ice and lattice metal. Screaming energy rays thrown out of the mouths of void creatures who look like Rorschach blots of twisted obsidian. And insane human splinter groups who worship these creatures as demigods who will deliver them from the dystopic reality of the Sector. This is what Blackrock has to deal with, and you'd be crazy if you think the Hegemony or any other Sector power wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

Come now, is it not every man's dream to stand together in a United Front against the Enemy? Hand in hands, we shall let them taste the Actinic fury of our mastery over the fundamental forces of the universe!

Catching some of the references you've strewn about in your descriptions (Gamma level AI? IS CAN HAS LIGHTHUGGER?) I'd love to see some more homages to exotic tech weaponry. (Bladder mines, conjoiner drives used as a weapon, quark weaponry, and a few other fundamental particles like the muon and meson as penetrating weaponry)

DID I MENTION THAT I AM IMMENSELY ENJOYING ALL YOUR REFERENCES TO SOME OF MY FAVORITE SCI-FI SERIES?!

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »

Here's the crashlog:

2740510 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [personnelConvoy] not found for faction [blackrock_driveyards]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [personnelConvoy] not found for faction [blackrock_driveyards]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.BRConvoySpawnPoint.spawnFleet(BRConvoySpawnPoint.java:46)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:45)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »

And re: Gneiss being full of things to fight, I can't wait! Will we get to see some of those "pseudolife entities" from the lore?  :)
Space monsters, basically. Uchuu Kaiju stuff. You will see swarming, pale, glittering creatures being vomited out of gashes in the bodies of pale behemoths of comet ice and lattice metal. Screaming energy rays thrown out of the mouths of void creatures who look like Rorschach blots of twisted obsidian. And insane human splinter groups who worship these creatures as demigods who will deliver them from the dystopic reality of the Sector. This is what Blackrock has to deal with, and you'd be crazy if you think the Hegemony or any other Sector power wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

Come now, is it not every man's dream to stand together in a United Front against the Enemy? Hand in hands, we shall let them taste the Actinic fury of our mastery over the fundamental forces of the universe!

Catching some of the references you've strewn about in your descriptions (Gamma level AI? IS CAN HAS LIGHTHUGGER?) I'd love to see some more homages to exotic tech weaponry. (Bladder mines, conjoiner drives used as a weapon, quark weaponry, and a few other fundamental particles like the muon and meson as penetrating weaponry)

DID I MENTION THAT I AM IMMENSELY ENJOYING ALL YOUR REFERENCES TO SOME OF MY FAVORITE SCI-FI SERIES?!

A little googling later... heh, I actually haven't read Revelation Space. Most of my literary shoutouts go to Cordwainer Smith, David Brin, Larry Niven, Peter Watts and Iain Banks. Then you can add a bunch of nods or inspirations that point to assorted games, comics, manga and anime on top of that. :) And apart from that, I simply invent a lot of sh*t.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »

I actually haven't read Revelation Space.
You oughta, its good stuff.

Since we're talking of shout-outs, when making example crafts for KSP's B9 Aerospace pack I named them Heinlein, Strugatsky, Bradbury, Vonnegut, Vance and Haldeman. Still looking for one I can name Banks.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »

Let me just say, I love how well you incorporated peak time into your balancing. Especially the Desdinova, I always wanted to play it fast and overly aggressive but knew it wasn't the way to get the most out of it. Now it's the perfect way to play it!

Exited for where the mod is going  :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »

Can't play with BRDY till that bug I posted about gets fixed because every time Blackrock's personnel convoy spawns it CTDs.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »

Starting a new game automatically puts the player in Blackrock's system. When the player dies this happens as well.
Any chance this'll get fixed?

Edit: To be clear: This happens when you decide not to go with Blackrock at game start.

Other than that, well, no words necessary. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:59:06 PM by Gotcha! »

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »

Just bought a Karkinos and i must say the sound of the Scalar Diracinator is so *words can´t descripe*  :o
The effect really fits to that also. I fear this ship !
A bit slow for BRDYs .. well it has to have some sort of weakness ;)

The balancing at all seems quite good already.
Can´t steamroll everything at least until you´re high leveled and then it doesn´t matter much which ship to choose.

though i like their style of play : hit fast and hard then run away.
I prefer that over pure staying power.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 30, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

The Karkinos's Turbo Encapulator ( Its real name is too hard to type) is pretty crazy, I've been carving through Qamar Caliphate fleets like a hot knife through a lepper, poor bastards.

Have to say that the Blackrock Flux Core is a bit much on the capitals, the Karkinos in particular has SoOoOo much dps if you're willing to vent in combat, which usually isn't an issue because you can overload a Paragon in seconds.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

I'll probably end up implementing bonuses based on hull size for the Flux Core.

Anyway, having some fun doodling up and solidifying the space monsters. Gneiss is very empty right now. I'm pretty sure Verge will be teeming with weird creepy crawlies down the road for recruits to shoot down the stragglers that escape.

Beyond that, I'll throw in some temporary pirate presence when I do the bugfix/balance patch.

(yes, it's a space monster-nevermore)

What do we know about the void beasts?
- They are cellular, but not organic. Organization on the lowest level is nanomechanical.
- They seem to be completely self-sufficient, highly aggressive, internally competitive and predatory, with a keen interest in sapient or sophont lifeforms.
- They are motile, cunning, and capable of adaption, but do not show any capacity to communicate or form complex behaviors ( Note: ? ? ? ? ? ? have propensity for long-term organization on the level of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?.)
- Land or atmosphere-based pseudolife size range stretches from microscopic to 20-30m in length.
- Space-capable pseudolife can reach sizes rivalling capital ships - Dimension-tunnelling pseudolife can reach sizes rivalling ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:56:03 PM by Cycerin »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »

Eh, funny, i am currently working on something similar. Space crystals lifeforms and stuffs.

I'm looking forward to discover Gneiss local fauna.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 209