Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790536 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: Blackrock Drive Yards - v0.30
« Reply #420 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:15 PM »

The corvettes will be a lot like Hounds. The Locust is more comparable to a Lasher. That said, there are going to some new energy weapons in the next build. Up until now, the faction's stock variants have included vanilla energy weapons because I haven't really made anything faction-specific for them to use. ;o

my favorite faction ever, i hope you keep maintaining it as the games gain in complexity
I've started a war against your faction and it's only now I see how detailed everything is. I also love that sudden strafe thing they do.
Very nice! /envy
Also a faction that'll never disappear from my mods folder. Smiley

Thanks, you two! I haven't tried out your stuff yet, Gotcha, but I will for sure when I get around to development again. It looks very impressive.

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 18, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »

Yeah, it's probably my second favorite faction in Excelerin (My favorite being the Valkyrians.  Dunno why, just like them!).

I love the burst maneuvering thrusters and a lot of the weapons.  Just needs more weapon variety, IMO.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 18, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »

BRDY already got a lot of ballistics weapons and missiles. But yeah, they lack some small energy guns. I usually fit them with LR PD laser or burst PD laser. Work well enough.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:39 AM »

Due to the new possibilities with ship styles, when the patch drops, I'm going to further differentiate the visual theme of the faction. Some ideas I've had are a small lens flare for the Nevermore's reactor, differently colored shields, different engine sounds, etc. The differences won't be so big as to get jarring or obtrusive, but they'll add more flair.

I'm thinking about fire orange or pale green (same as engine flare) for the shield color.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:12 AM »

I am really exited about the new modding stuff too. Can't wait to implement ringshape engines and custom sounds for the engine (i have the engine sounds since the first version of TL ;) )

I guess fire orange shields will suit your faction really well, would add to the slightl insectoid feeling. The possibility of custom colored shields makes me rethink the concept of TL, as the main
reason for going shieldless was the inability to change the colors of the shields.

Love your faction, keep awesome ;)

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2013, 07:38:18 AM »

Yeah man, I can't wait to see what you'll do with this too. ;D Ring engines is going to be so good. And you can use the new code to even make directional thrusters for any area on the ship.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »

Due to the new possibilities with ship styles, when the patch drops, I'm going to further differentiate the visual theme of the faction. Some ideas I've had are a small lens flare for the Nevermore's reactor, differently colored shields, different engine sounds, etc. The differences won't be so big as to get jarring or obtrusive, but they'll add more flair.

I'm thinking about fire orange or pale green (same as engine flare) for the shield color.

Personally, with your ships having plating of orange color and the engines exhaust being green, i think pale green shield would fit better.
Kinda like a theme : physical things have the orange highlight and energy-based thing have the green highlight"

thats just my opinion tho.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2013, 07:38:09 AM »

I kind of agree with that, although Blackrock has kind of sh*tty shields so I'm tempted to go with a "cruder" color than mint green.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »

I kind of agree with that, although Blackrock has kind of sh*tty shields so I'm tempted to go with a "cruder" color than mint green.

I think thats unnecessary. Its not like your ship's shields have to differentiate themselve like the vanilla one

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »

Work has resumed. So far I'm just playing to get a feel for things again, but I'm having fun making some gifs in the process.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »

Yeeees.  Very good news.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »

Tarkets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

Makin pew shweee shweee PAKOOM noises with my mouth irl

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

I am so fond of your ships' special abilities. Now I'm far away and now I'm in your face!
Kudo's, Cycerin.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »

Poor little Medusa.  :(

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 209