Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1802669 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.1 - Updated
« Reply #2145 on: February 27, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

Wow, you work fast! Good job on those slot covers.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 28, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »

So i tried that one Phase ship with a lot of inbuilt weapons thinking "Nice! A good Phase Ship that i don't have to outfit!"

You can all imagine my face when it completely annihilated a pair of frigates and a bunch of fighter.
Holy damn! I don't want to imagine a Cruiser or a Capital version
On the left half of the Bell curve

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 28, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »

those slot covers fit the color scheme very well, but they look a bit.. blurry compared to the rest of the ship.

So i tried that one Phase ship with a lot of inbuilt weapons thinking "Nice! A good Phase Ship that i don't have to outfit!"

You can all imagine my face when it completely annihilated a pair of frigates and a bunch of fighter.
are you talking about the Morpheus? i don't think it really counts as a phase ship, its defense just works too differently (despite technically being a unique kind of phase cloak). that ship is supposed to be incredibly powerful for its size, since it costs as much as a capital ship, yet has the peak performance time of a frigate.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 28, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »

those slot covers fit the color scheme very well, but they look a bit.. blurry compared to the rest of the ship.

Good call, gave them a round with a sharpening filter.

A relic from the Exodus, this destroyer is as fast as it is large and powerful. A logistical nightmare, vulnerable to strike weapons, the Desdinova has survived more than six attempts at decommissioning due to its undeniable usefulness as a shock weapon and heavy interceptor.

In recent years, the hull has been modernized for continued use in the Sector. Ostensibly created and then maintained by Blackrock to 'deal with internal threats', the Desdinova is one of the most gratuitous warships ever designed. It's a well-known piece of Corporate trivia that this destroyer packs enough raw thrust to de-orbit large space platforms on its own; a feat which has actually been performed in the past. While decades of modernization have made up for some of the hull's biggest problems, originally, the Desdinova-class was not designed to survive more than 4-5 sorties before being broken down for its core components.

A titanic array of Arcjet engines propel the ship's great bulk during its signature bone-rattling combat maneuvers. Primarily known for catching and annihilating frigates and destroyers, this ship is also capable of avoiding most ships it cannot duel, making it enormously useful in the right hands. While it consumes more hyperspace fuel than any other destroyer - not to mention the intensive, expert maintenance required to keep it running - the Desdinova can tear apart more than enough targets to make up for its flaws.

What's this foreboding new hullmod, though?
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:05:08 PM by Cycerin »

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 28, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »

Anyone who would try and decommission a Desdinova has never seen one of those things in action.
They're like the Tempest of destroyers, very fast, annoying, generously armed, with just good enough flux stats to leverage all that firepower effectively.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: February 28, 2016, 06:06:49 PM »

You'll find the new Desdinova has a great deal less in common with the Tempest than before. :P

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 28, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »

So basically the new Desdi is a Pinto with a JATO booster welded to the boot?
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 28, 2016, 06:28:55 PM »

I see what you did there.

So Overtuned Drive Systems increase max speed but decrease maneuverability? De-orbiting space stations does need a lot of thrust, after all (from my KSP experience hehe)
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 28, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »

: D More like a seagoing warship with a few Saturn-Vs strapped to it.

So Overtuned Drive Systems increase max speed but decrease maneuverability? De-orbiting space stations does need a lot of thrust, after all (from my KSP experience hehe)

It's a hullmod that increases all engine damage taken by 200%, and incurs 25% greater CR loss from hull damage during combat.

The Desdinova is much less maneuverable than before, but that's done through stat changes and ship system changes. It has much more inertia, but speed is mostly unchanged, meaning you will actually go further on one Arcjet charge than before, especially if you hold W and don't strafe.

The other main change is that it's way more durable. It gained 1500 hull and 100 armor.

Ramming can be quite viable with the Desdinova now due to its increased mass. You can push annoying ships out of the battle if you flame them out first, even a Hammerhead can be sent hurtling quite far away.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:49:42 PM by Cycerin »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 28, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »

"packs enough raw thrust to de-orbit large space platforms on its own"

Woah.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 28, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

The other main change is that it's way more durable. It gained 1500 hull and 100 armor.
So it gained an ablative frigate strapped to the bow?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 29, 2016, 12:07:04 AM »

Good call, gave them a round with a sharpening filter.
\o/

the new Desdinova description sounds cool, i love when there's some more lore and fluff that fits in with the ship.

It's a hullmod that increases all engine damage taken by 200%, and incurs 25% greater CR loss from hull damage during combat.
so, a Desdinova with Unstable Injector takes 7 times normal engine damage? O:

best use for a Hermes i've ever seen.

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 29, 2016, 02:08:08 AM »

The most minute of nitpicks, but i'm fairly sure individual ships are decommissioned and classes are retired. Also, i still miss the prow feelers.

That aside, a more durable Desdinova sounds like the deadliest idea of the year so far. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on one!

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 29, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »

are you talking about the Morpheus? i don't think it really counts as a phase ship, its defense just works too differently (despite technically being a unique kind of phase cloak). that ship is supposed to be incredibly powerful for its size, since it costs as much as a capital ship, yet has the peak performance time of a frigate.
[/quote]

The big one with the spiky bits.

And I just read "phase cloak" on the blueprint, never thought it would be a unholy engine of destruction like that

--edit:
How much does the big explosion-plus-a-million-homing-bolts thing scale? Is there a cap or absorbing a entire II Apocalypse MIRV allows me to wipe out half of the battlefield?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:13:53 AM by Mr. Nobody »
On the left half of the Bell curve

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »

Looking at possibly patching tonight, need to see how it goes, but my plan is to get it out today or tomorrow.

Many robberflies were sacrificed to bring you these upgrades...

How much does the big explosion-plus-a-million-homing-bolts thing scale? Is there a cap or absorbing a entire II Apocalypse MIRV allows me to wipe out half of the battlefield?

There's a cap, but it's quite hard to reach it.

The most minute of nitpicks, but i'm fairly sure individual ships are decommissioned and classes are retired.

Good catch, fixed.

E: Got shaders in for the new sprites

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:13:40 AM by Cycerin »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 209