Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1801710 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.4
« Reply #1740 on: October 09, 2015, 09:36:53 PM »

The question is which one to prioritize.
i'd also like to see the Knight rework first.

the Desdinova changes sound good, i always felt it had too many guns and ordnance points for a destroyer, especially one with that kind of mobility. and giving the ai the ability to control one decently as well would be a nice bonus, although hopefully 0.7 will make suicidal behaviour much less common anyway.

but the Knight is one of only two BRDY ships i never really liked (along with the Convergence).

also, since this is my first post here, i just wanna say: OMG, this mod is so gooood! and it keeps getting better! :O
actually, that's true for this modding community as a whole. the amount and quality of mods here -- for a game still in alpha! -- is mind-boggling.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 10, 2015, 09:14:16 AM »

I second the bounties suggestion, especially if it can be done with SS+'s unique bounty system. :o

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 16, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »

I decided to remake some of Cycerin's old unused sprites into ships for my own enjoyment- I turned the Stormcrow sprite into a stealth cruiser (ridiculously OP) and into what Cycerin said it was originally intended to be (A rare ballistic version of the Nevermorew), and I also took an old capital ship sprite and made it functional, if a bit overpowered for a non-shielded ship.

If you would like to take a look, I'll put the ships up here for people to look at. Mostly I haven't done any modding before, so making some ships in Starsector seemed like a good place to start, and they turned out fairly well. (All credit for Console Commands goes to LazyWizard and all normal BRDY ships are Cycerin's as well as the sprites for the "new" ships.)

You'll need console commands (*The mod) to use them though- they aren't campaign integrated. Mostly these ships are intended for Cycerin to see if he would like to use them in any way. The console commands mod by LazyWizard is included for convenience.

WARNING: NOT VANILLA BALANCED (some ships are severely overpowered, and some are made as a joke. Namely the Hammer-class and Krait Dragon-class ships (variations on the Stormcrow). That is definitely not intended for vanilla gameplay, but the Damask-class (the capital ship) and the Stormcrow (The Cruiser/Destroyer) can be played without extreme imbalance to the gameplay.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6x5zt4ddjs5nusf/AABxO3NB4-4HAvaJw9j-plkoa?dl=0

Have fun, and feel free to tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:56:14 AM by Gothars »

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 16, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »

174gjc you should probably ask Cycerin if it is all right with him before you post that here

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 16, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »

You should perhaps leave the self-righteous IP crusading to the content owners, who are unlikely to need your help.

I played a bit with the Krait Dragon. Spark Drive plus phase cloak on a large ship is pretty terrifying, but if it had fair flux stats and mounts it would probably be a cool ship to include in a campaign.

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 16, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »

It's not intended to be any offense to Cycerin- just a conceptual set of ships that he can use as he likes. I'm more than willing to remove it if he asks me to do so.

It is his mod and sprites, after all.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 17, 2015, 04:03:59 AM »

@174gjc: If you want to use and modify content of another user, and post it in his thread, you should ask permission before publishing it, not wait for him to forbid or allow it afterwards. I have removed the link for now, I will replace it when and if Cycerin gives permission.

You should perhaps leave the self-righteous IP crusading to the content owners, who are unlikely to need your help.

doodlydee posted a valid and friendly suggestion that did not warrant such a response.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:56:41 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 17, 2015, 04:24:26 AM »

Well, I don't have any use for re-implemented content that I scrapped long ago. Props for taking the time to do it, though, I had fun trying them out. I don't care if you share the edits as long as you make it clear it's an edit, which you have.

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 17, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »

Thanks Cycerin. If you have any other sprites you scrapped, I'm happy to remake them and put them in the edit.

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 17, 2015, 10:19:40 AM »

I seem to have a bug where the more advance ships are not avaliable for sale. I can only buy the command cruiser, nevermore at max. Haven't seen the Asura, battleship or superfreighter. My Allied fleets are not spawning them as well.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 17, 2015, 10:31:27 AM »

I seem to have a bug where the more advance ships are not avaliable for sale. I can only buy the command cruiser, nevermore at max. Haven't seen the Asura, battleship or superfreighter. My Allied fleets are not spawning them as well.
I'm tempted to say that that just sort of "happens," because starsector has an infamous tendency to simply not spawn certain ships and weapons, like the conquest and storm needlers. But come to think of it, I've played mod since its release and I have literally never seen an Asura. So idk, maybe something is up with that. However, I do see the superfreighter all the time, so maybe its something with your copy. Have you tried deleting your mod and re-downloading it? Nothing should happen to your save.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 17, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »

The Asura is the triangular phase destroyer with the dumpable flux cans, right? In four playthroughs (three exclusively shopping with BRDY) that went to max level I've seen two for sale and none in space. I've never attacked BRDY though, so the latter is biased.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:58:12 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 17, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »

The Asura is the triangular phase destroyer with the dumpable flux cans, right? In four playthroughs (three exclusively shopping with BRDY) that went to max level I've seen two for sale and none in space. I've never attacked BRDY though, so the latter is biased.
BRDY only huh? How do you build rep with them? I always have a hard time with that.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 17, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »

Same as any other; kill pirates until rep freezes then slam a food shortage to both get most of the money needed to massively upgrade the fleet and tip the rep over the hump. If no shortages or trade disruptions happen, it's down to grinding along until you can murder a big enough pirate fleet to tip the rep.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 18, 2015, 01:37:39 AM »

Same as any other; kill pirates until rep freezes then slam a food shortage to both get most of the money needed to massively upgrade the fleet and tip the rep over the hump. If no shortages or trade disruptions happen, it's down to grinding along until you can murder a big enough pirate fleet to tip the rep.
I think maybe having as many mods as I have on reduces the number of pirates somehow, either by proxy of simply dying to the many fleets hostile to them, or by not having room to spawn. There never seem to be many pirate fleets around, especially compared to a vanilla play through.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 209