Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1804535 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.4 - New ship! New weapon!
« Reply #1590 on: April 01, 2015, 09:55:08 PM »

Get version 0.7.4!

Main additions:
  • Megaceras-class Combat Freighter
  • Scalaron Pulse Launcher
  • New mission: Waking the Beast
  • Comprehensive ship and combat rebalancing

Changelog:

Spoiler
- Added Megaceras-class Combat Freighter and Shredder Drones system
- Added Scalaron Pulse Launcher, a weapon that fires homing energy pulses.
- New Impossible-difficulty Mission: Waking the Beast. Save a station from an attacking fleet with your lone Karkinos. How gneiss of you!

\\\Imaginos changes:
- Rift Cannon revamp: prefire delay to 0.05 seconds (from 0.95 seconds) and lowered damage per shot. Now operates like the Autopulse laser on a charge-limited system - this is mainly to make the ship better in AI hands and less clunky to pilot.
- Reduced the EMP damage done by the Rift Cannon
- Changed built in beams for more damage output vs ships
- Increased overall damage done by the Imaginos' Scalar Rejector, especially when you get a massive explosion, but lowered emp damage
- Slightly lowered Scalar Deracinator (small) damage and emp damage
- Supplies/day increased by 0.5
\\\Hullmod changes:
- Added new Blackrock-only Hullmod: Blackrock Drive Conversion. Increases 0-flux Boost by 30, max. speed by 10% and max. burn by 1. Lowers turn rate and deceleration by 10%. Does not stack with aug. engines, unstable injector, etc
- Changed Blackrock Assault Fitting. Bonuses are now 50% EMP resist, 15% extra hull integrity, and 25% faster weapon/engine repair speed. Fixed a bug that made the original hullmod actually lower repair speeds. OP cost adjusted down to 5/10/15/25.
- Blackrock Sensor Suite renamed to Blackrock Strike Suite. Now gives 15% damage boost to all weapons, 15% less flux cost for all weapons, 15% less weapon range.
- New icons for all BRDY hullmods
\\\ Weapon balance changes:
- Removed ammo from all BRDY ballistic weapons. Tooltips are ultra confusing and bugged with regards to the regenerating ammo, and it was an irrelevant balancing mechanic all in all.
- Increased buckshot projectile count from 18 to 20 for Volley Gun and Ironweaver ADC
- Lowered Volley Gun per-volley damage to 500 total, decreased cooldown between shots to 3 seconds.
- Lowered Ironweaver ADC cooldown to 2 seconds, decreased crit chance by 5%. Overall much higher DPS and suppression factor.
- Voidspear SRM: HP from 180 to 200, Flux/missile from 170 to 200, flight time from 5 to 6, added DO_NOT_AIM AI Hint (will autofire from offset mounts now)
- Ferrocannon: New shot damage: 750 \ New shot cooldown: 4 seconds \ New flux/shot: 1200 \ New range: 900 (This is to make it less powerful when you have 4 of them on the Karkinos, and more powerful if you have one or two, overall, the weapon does more DPS)
- Ferrogun damage to 300 from 320 and range to 800 from 750, this is to differentiate it from the Dual Shard and make it better at close support
- Rewrote Shard weapon tooltips to include specific by-the-numbers information on the crit mechanic
- Increased DPS of Shard Cannon and Dual Shard Cannon. Increased range by 50 for both weapons. Increased proj speed slightly. Adjusted flux/dps ratio. Now slightly less efficient but just as damaging as AC vs shields, with the added bonus of the crit mechanic.
- Damage of Shard Cannon/Dual Shard Cannon proc from 250 max to 200 max.
- Increased DPS of Shard Gun, but lowered the range to 500. Roughly on par with IR Pulse for overall performance now, but probably better vs. armor.
- Nerfed Achilles MRM ammo to 5 for 6op version and 12 for 12op version, fragmentation damage to 350 per MIRV from 400, and MIRV health down to 160 from 240. Increased refire delay to 10 seconds. Small Achilles now regenerates 1 missile per minute and Medium one regenerates 2 missiles per minute.
- Added regenerating ammo to 8OP Dart SRM launcher, but not to the 4OP one. Also boosted ammo on the 4OP Dart SRM
- Antimatter Lance: Now does 2500 Energy damage and zero EMP damage. New bullet sprite, slightly adjusted impact effect.
- Fury-class Torpedo: Launch speed increased by 20 and damage increased by 250
- PDE weapons (All): Longer burst length to make it more likely to catch a ship lowering shields. Slightly better flux efficiency. Slightly improved turn speed.
- Scalaron Blaster cooldown decreased by 2 seconds. Damage decreased by 50.
\\\ Misc changes:
- Added on-hit effect to Scalaron Blaster (same as Scalaron Pulse) with new sfx
- Shard Cannon / Dual Shard Cannon sprite + barrel + muzzle flash fixups
- Kurmaraja flux dissipation increased by 150 and flux capacity increased by 500.
- Lowered charge replenish rate for Stenos Autoloader system to 0.1 from 0.2 ( 10 seconds per charge)
- Increased Stenos flux dissipation by 10, lowered flux capacity by 400
- Increased Stenos hull strength by 500
- Increased Knight flux cap by 100
- Lowered Karkinos flux dissipation by 50 and lowered shield arc to 160 from 180. Reduced maneuverability slightly.
- Increased Nevermore flux dissipation by 20
- Increased Kurmaraja flux dissipation by 50
- Krait fighter: Changed formation type to make sure both fighters fire at the same target more often
- Made BRDY engines slightly warmer in color
- Added CR timers to BRDY capital ships
- Changed Cetonia stats to be a more clean cut freighter now that Megaceras exists, also changed designation to Freighter
- Adjusted Convergence sprite
- New INM Assault Gun sfx
- Edited Gale Cannon sfx
- Adjusted some Imaginos sound/hullstyle things
- Adjusted some ship mass values that were erroneously high for the ship's class
- PDE beams are now a more yellow-green color like the other BRDY plasma weapons
- Added High Maintenance to Asura, lowered Asura supply/day to 7
- Removed High Maintenance from Nevermore, lowered peak performance time to 360 seconds, increased CR per deployment to 25%
- Removed High Maintenance from Desdinova
- Changed a lot of variants to accomodate the rebalancing
- Edited some descriptions, rewrites + new content
- Fixed interactions with TwigLib content, courtesy of DarkRevenant
- Fixed some descriptions in Rama
[close]

I'm releasing it a bit early so I'll have time to address anything gamebreaking before I leave.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:26:06 PM by Cycerin »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:19 AM »

Is there a reason the Convergence-class isn't flagged as a carrier? As in it doesn't respond to Carrier Rally command points and cannot fit SS+'s Expanded Flightdecks hullmod. I assume it also means it's more willing to head into the battlecenter instead of skirting it in AI hands, though I haven't played with it enough yet to notice.

EDIT: A note to people directly updating saves; the High Maintenance hull mod will still be fitted to ships that previously had it, but can be removed in refit for free.

EDIT2: The BRDY Drive Conversion is not increasing burn speed on my Convergence.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:28:16 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:34 AM »

Is there a reason the Convergence-class isn't flagged as a carrier? As in it doesn't respond to Carrier Rally command points and cannot fit SS+'s Expanded Flightdecks hullmod. I assume it also means it's more willing to head into the battlecenter instead of skirting it in AI hands, though I haven't played with it enough yet to notice.

EDIT: A note to people directly updating saves; the High Maintenance hull mod will still be fitted to ships that previously had it, but can be removed in refit for free.

EDIT2: The BRDY Drive Conversion is not increasing burn speed on my Convergence.

I had the same problem with Shadowyard's Charybdis.  Is there any way to fix it myself?  No matter how heavily armed, I still want my carriers to stay on the edge of battle, plus that hullmod would really help.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 02, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »

Adding "CARRIER" to the "hints" column in ship_data.csv should do it.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 02, 2015, 04:15:50 AM »

My Blackrock Assault Fitting still states: 50 EMP Resist, 75% weapon/engine health bonus, 25% weapon/engine repair speed reduction. It also costs 12 OP on a destroyer. I've been loading a previous save; do I need to start a new game for everything to fit into place?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:30:33 AM by Schwartz »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 02, 2015, 04:31:08 AM »

I removed that a while ago, because the ship is supposed to be a battle carrier like the Venture. You cannot fit expanded flight decks on ships without the CARRIER hint.

Uploading a hotfix for the missing burn level bonus now, I also forgot to upload up-to-date source previously.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ny5uwo55nx81o1p/Blackrock_Drive_Yards_0.7.4.zip

My Blackrock Assault Fitting still states: 50 EMP Resist, 75% weapon/engine health bonus, 25% weapon/engine repair speed reduction. It also costs 12 OP on a destroyer. I've been loading a previous save; do I need to start a new game for everything to fit into place?

Are you running SS+

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 02, 2015, 04:32:08 AM »

Yeah, I am.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 02, 2015, 04:34:32 AM »

The new hullmods wont work with SS+ until it's patched.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.4 - New ship! New weapon! (Hotfixed)
« Reply #1598 on: April 02, 2015, 04:59:01 AM »

Alright, I'll play this ungodly aberration until then. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything. ;)

Megas (and others), what do you put on your Asura? I've experimented with a bunch of loadouts, but never seem to be able to get past heavy burst damage builds for my phase ships. I assume you'd still fit 2x Antimatter on phase frigates?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 02, 2015, 05:04:42 AM »

The new hullmods wont work with SS+ until it's patched.
That could explain why the burn speed wasn't being applied (and still isn't). Hope I didn't have you fix something that wasn't broken. ;D I will be adding the CARRIER hint on my own though as my carriers are always rearline missile artillery because I'm terrible at keeping frigates from passing my Nevermore. I'm unsure of giving the AI a Kurmaraja and whether they'd know what to do with it...
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 02, 2015, 05:15:56 AM »

Nah, the burn speed bonus was actually missing.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 02, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »

I have max Combat and Technology, and much OP to play with.

Large universal, Mjolnir.  Compared to plasma cannon, it has more range, better efficiency, lower OP cost, and almost as much DPS (plus EMP).  Great for all-around beatdown; decent, if not great, shield-cracker.

Medium univerals, Heavy Mauler.  Long-range, good against armor and hull.  Mjolnir and Light Needlers take care of shields.

Small univerals, Light Needler, for long-range.

Missiles, either Salamanders or Reapers.  I do not remember which.

Energy slots, (Argus) Burst PDs for anti-missile.

Hullmods are Augmented Engines, Hardened Subsystems, Integrated Targeting Unit, and Resistant Flux Conduits.

Rest of the OP goes to vents, then capacitors.

I build many of my ships as long-range kiting machines, if possible.  Asura is fast and can kite.

Now that ballistics are unlimited and beams got more range, I tend to go for brawl-and-kite loadouts on phase frigates.  For example, Afflictor gets ACs and LAGs, Shade gets Light Needlers and Tactical Lasers.  I treat phase cloak as imitation fortress shield.  The problem with AM blasters is it is mostly a flagship configuration, and I prefer to use capitals or overpowered monsters like Hyperion.  Asura qualifies as an overpowered monster, though not quite as much as Hyperion.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 02, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »

Try an Afflictor with four Shard Cannons, an Argus, and ITU :D. You only have to uncloak long enough to fire a burst - which is just wrong, in terms of how much damage you can do without taking any in return.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 03, 2015, 06:16:13 AM »

Try an Afflictor with four Shard Cannons, an Argus, and ITU :D. You only have to uncloak long enough to fire a burst - which is just wrong, in terms of how much damage you can do without taking any in return.
I usually play without mods, so Shard Cannon Afflictor is usually not an option.  For standard weapons, that is why I use autocannons and light assault guns.  They fire instantly, their ranges match, and the mixed damage types compliment each other.  They are more AI friendly too; AM blaster Afflictor hesitates too much when piloted by AI.  If I needed to spend more OP for Blackrock weapons, I probably would use Shard Cannon and INMs.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 03, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »

Had a chance to play around with the new version last night. Some feedback:

- New Shard weapons are much more powerful, more distinct roles. The Shard Gun is really excellent against phase ships - shuts them down hard.
- Not sure how I feel about the Megaceras yet - still feeling out the weapons layout. The bright orange panels on the forward wings are a little much, I think.
- Really disappointed with the change to the AM lance projectile. I feel like it breaks the unwritten principle that imminent danger to the ship (like Reapers, say) should be something you can see coming. It also detracts from the visceral satisfaction of nailing other ships with it. Your mod, your call, but I think it was a bad one.

Otherwise I'm delighted - the Scalaron Pulse is a fun, unique weapon, shades of EVO's SAD Modules and Ares' gunship weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 209