Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1801740 times)

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.1 - Patch Out !
« Reply #1440 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »

Hey Cycerin, update the thread title with the current version :)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.1 - Patch Out !
« Reply #1441 on: February 13, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

Done, thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 13, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »

One mildly screwy thing about High Maintenance (though I only really felt it with Templar ships) is that it incentivizes the player to deploy ships with them regularly. You're going to be bleeding supplies no matter what you do, so you may as well use it and pay a 100% supply cost to Smite the Foe instead of 25% to have it sit idle in reserves.

Anyway, if it goes on Hyperion it makes sense to also go on Imaginos and probably Desdinova and Nevermore. Also fits with the lore.
On the other hand, those latter two are in many ways destroyer/cruiser versions of the Tempest, and that one doesn't have High Maintenance.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 13, 2015, 05:09:56 PM »

One mildly screwy thing about High Maintenance (though I only really felt it with Templar ships) is that it incentivizes the player to deploy ships with them regularly. You're going to be bleeding supplies no matter what you do, so you may as well use it and pay a 100% supply cost to Smite the Foe instead of 25% to have it sit idle in reserves.

Anyway, if it goes on Hyperion it makes sense to also go on Imaginos and probably Desdinova and Nevermore. Also fits with the lore.
On the other hand, those latter two are in many ways destroyer/cruiser versions of the Tempest, and that one doesn't have High Maintenance.
You know, I was contemplating making some allusion to the tempest/medusa in my rant, but in the end I didn't. Not to say that I think what you're saying is wrong, far from it. Having extensively used both the Medusa and the Tempest, its safe to say they are strong. But strong is hard to define in a single player game. Builds are somewhat narrow as they come on the Medusa, more so on Tempest, at least if you want to do the crazy stuff people rave about. Not sure about the Desdinova and the Nevermore. In a way, their mobility is what gives them the edge they have, but on the other hand, that kind of is blackrocks thing. Hard to say if having mobility AND power on a dedicated attack, 1v1 me-esque destroyer/cruiser is worth high maintenance. If it is strictly better than most every other ship in its class, maybe. But I can't make that kind of claim without lots of testing.

But yeah. About the High Maintenance vs CR per deployment thing, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I feel like really high CR per deployment would feel better, even if it cost me about the same.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »

The reason why I added High Maintenance and not steeper deployment cost, is because I don't want to penalize actively fighting with the ships more than I already do. In fact it just makes sure the optimal approach when using the ships is to win battles without taking hull damage, which IMO is the best way to ensure that skilled players are rewarded. High Maintenance looks very dramatic but it's actually not a huge factor. Anyone who's taken the time to get really comfortable piloting either of those ships can attest that it's worth the cost. :)

Kerak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 14, 2015, 06:25:29 AM »

Desdinova and Nevermore are two of my favorite ships to play with in the whole game...and I use A LOT of mods.

Love your work, Cycerin.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 14, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »

So wait, does this work without shader lib? Or is the old shader lib fine on the new starsector?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1447 on: February 14, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »

ShaderLib remains compatible.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 14, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »

Gotcha

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 15, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »

Hello. Added Blackrock to 0.65.2a. The mod is great....my favorite)
That's the second time I start a singleplayer (previous ended at 46 level) and I can not find Karkinos. Nowhere. Neither in Blackrock fleets, nor in any other. It never appears at the corporate market...
Is there something I should do to get the ship???

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:18 AM »

There's no way to get a specific capital ship in the game other than waiting for it to appear or capturing one.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 15, 2015, 06:41:21 AM »

Or finagling one out of the void with console commands, but thats not exactly ingame.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 15, 2015, 07:11:32 AM »

I really like the lore,the design and the ships but the in-build cannons for example in the nevermore is complete overpowered, if you have enough techs/hullmods to install those ships are way too strong with their insane 120flux superior burst damage in-build cannons. The Photonbeam cannons from the interstellar imperium are way more balanced in terms of burst damage/flux costs. I really like to use your ships in my fleet but as long as there is no option to deactivate that op in-build cannons i don't use them.

Sad

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 15, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »

Well, theres the prototype 00-Nevermore, if you're that against its primary weapon, despite the supply costs. Its a bit rare however. ;)

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 15, 2015, 10:33:52 AM »

I really like the lore,the design and the ships but the in-build cannons for example in the nevermore is complete overpowered, if you have enough techs/hullmods to install those ships are way too strong with their insane 120flux superior burst damage in-build cannons. The Photonbeam cannons from the interstellar imperium are way more balanced in terms of burst damage/flux costs. I really like to use your ships in my fleet but as long as there is no option to deactivate that op in-build cannons i don't use them.

Sad

Almost all of the time, the ships with built-in weapons (nevermore/imaginos) are only going to be the flagship that is piloted by YOU personally (because they're hard to get, expensive to maintain and easy to lose if piloted incompetently). In that case you can just decide not to use the built-in weapon and your problem's solved.
If you have a fleet big enough to just have nevermores and imaginos' as normal AI fleet-members then you have already won the campaign and it will not make much of a difference whether or not you can forbid your AI pilots from using the built-in weapons.

More importantly you already have the ability to solve your problem completely: this game (and, thus, all of it's mods) are very open.
There are always Options. If YOU find something to be not quite like you'd enjoy most, it's up to YOU to personalize your installation of the game.
In this case, just open the mod's weapon_data.csv, go to the antimatter lance's entry and then change whatever you deem to be inexcusably OP.

If you are unwilling to do that yourself then you'll have to live with what the designer (in this case Cycerin) finds best. And for fragile and expensive specialty ships which really only do well when directly controlled by the player, the Nevermore and Imaginos are decently balanced.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 209