Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Skills and Story Points (07/08/19)

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)  (Read 823461 times)

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2325 on: August 17, 2019, 11:21:31 PM »

This happened when I gave a base away to the pirates. Note this is actually the second one I've given to them and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this the first time.  :o

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2326 on: Today at 01:47:47 AM »

Do you keep recieving notifications from your ex colonies, the ones you have made indipendent or you gave to others? You thinks it could cause some slowdowns in performance?  :o
//"Work in Progress"//

Zalpha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: Today at 03:26:01 AM »

Suggestion:

When on the random star sector start (or default) and choosing your ships load option to add an option there to pull up the Codex so you can search for the ship types mentioned. I never know what I am getting by the names alone.

I am sure this is easy to do when compared to my other idea of showing the ships on offer for the load out you are looking at (maybe by mousing over them). (I was thinking of showing them on the top to the bottom right side of the screens UI and in the same way as the fleet loadout is in the fleet menu).

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: Today at 03:43:33 AM »

1) Starsector was designed with static systems in mind. With all the turmoil and war, the entire sector inevitably collapses completely, and fast. I don't know how to counteract this, but maybe a hidden stability boost or something?
Can't say this has been my experience tbh. In my most recent game (non-random sector, vanilla + 3 faction mods), I got to cycle 216 with no decivilizations, despite there being no shortage of warfare (maybe a third of the starting planets were still under their original owners when I was done).

EDIT: Random sector might be worse at this. My second last game had 7 decivilizations at cycle 217.
Although this still isn't catastrophic in my book, especially when the affected planets can be resettled by NPC factions.

No my experience.
I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it on other boards/forums.

I just started a new Corvus game and I'm very early in (collected 3-4 bounties, made 5 deliveries and scanned 3 derelicts) and Sindaria is already falling apart. From 1 invasion.
Some instability penalties seem to harsh with nothing to counteract them. Factions are too aggressive with a dozen wars in this short timespan.

EDIT: Just checked. -10 stability for invasion. Goes down by 1 every 3 months. That's 30 months for it to go away, and you can bet your ass off there's gonna be more invasions before that timer runs out. Probably several.

Now either there's problems with a faction being targeted more frequently or frequency of attacks. It might have to do with number of factions (more factions = more wars and invasions).
Hence, the invasion/war delays should probably be modified by the number of factions currently active.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:23:39 AM by TrashMan »

Skharr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: Today at 05:48:25 AM »

Hey there, i love your mod. Cant play without it.

But i think i found a Bug :

Im using brawler mode. Everything is fine, the invasion is coming, defenders are spawning and we get a big brawl. Nice, although it is bit rough if you get 10 - 15 invasion fleets with 30 capitals in it. Still, fun as hell. But the problem is : If i win the brawl my defence fleets wont despawn. They gather at the planet and stay there for ever. I observed it also with other factions. Defence fleets wont despawn and stay guarding in the orbit. Its getting bit rough to attack / raid any planet if there was an invasion. Because if they won, you get 5 fleets with 2-5 Capitals fleets patrolling the system.

And i have a question : How i interact with diplomacy ? Can i send peace treaty offers or declare direct wars (Without attack one of them) ?

And cheers bud for this nice mod, good work keep it up !  ;)

Agile

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: Today at 06:42:26 AM »

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.

This happens to me too.

I was getting contracts for 6000 + cargo space, and I only had 4500. So I bought a massive super freighter that gave me 3500 cargo space, so I now have 8000 space.

I did that contract, and the MOMENT I finished the contract, I was getting 10000 + cargo space contracts.

I just stopped doing those contracts at that point and made profitable colonies instead.

Euripides

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2331 on: Today at 07:09:47 AM »

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.

This happens to me too.

I was getting contracts for 6000 + cargo space, and I only had 4500. So I bought a massive super freighter that gave me 3500 cargo space, so I now have 8000 space.

I did that contract, and the MOMENT I finished the contract, I was getting 10000 + cargo space contracts.

I just stopped doing those contracts at that point and made profitable colonies instead.

It happens because you already have a bunch of cargo and the contract doesn't take into account the already used cargo space when generating the contract, as well as the total cargo space you have.

If you have 1000 cargo, the game will generate contracts that use up some significant portion of that space, say 800 cargo. The game does not care that you have 500/1000 cargo space dedicated to something already. If you have 100 cargo, the game will generate contracts that use up some significant fraction of that - you will get contracts to transport 80 cargo. If you have 10,000... you get contracts for 8,000 cargo, etc. It automatically scales.

You are also told, when deciding upon a contract, how much cargo space the contract will use up, and how much cargo space you have available.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156]