Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9f  (Read 220167 times)

Morathar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9f
« Reply #675 on: March 25, 2019, 02:38:01 PM »

It looks like there was some discussion of this in Discord, but I just wanted to confirm that the Blade Breakers don't currently spawn when using Nexerelin's randomly generated core. I actually noticed this issue a while back, but didn't mention it because I thought it was a design change related to the new Blade Breaker option settings. (At the time, I thought those warning beacon systems were intentionally removed in preparation for the future "noNexBreakers" option.)

Anyway, if the Blade Breakers are indeed supposed to spawn in a random sector, then the problem lies in the OnNewGame() method.
Spoiler
In the latest versions of the mod, that method returns immediately when it detects the random sector, so it never reaches the new separate Blade Breakers option check. (In older versions, it would call initBreakers() before the random sector check.) I humbly suggest inverting the logic on the check and removing the return call completely like this:
Code
        if (!isExerelin || SectorManager.getCorvusMode())
        {
            initDME();
        }
That should allow the code to reach the Blade Breaker check regardless of whether or not it's a random sector.
[close]
Hope this helps...

Soren

• Admiral
  • The devil himself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 25, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »

Yeah, I've had this report from multiple people and I'm working on it. It's low-priority but I am aware and working to fix it.

Thanks for including a detailed suggestion, though! I'll give it a shot.
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Auf Wiedersehen vom Nazi-Dreck!

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2019, 02:25:53 AM »

Why do some of the weapons no correspond to their actual names?  like the Marteau MLRM Launcher is known to the console as something like "istl_canisterlauncer" or something like that.

King Alfonzo

• Captain
  • [[THESIS SUBMISSION INTENSIFIES]]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2019, 02:56:50 AM »

Over time, some weapons change. Sometimes it's in name, sometimes it's in function, sometimes it's in visual. And over time, the names begin to change for the original name. For instance, Salamanders MRM are known in the vanilla code as heatseeker. This is just a feature of an ongoing effort to tweak and edit weapons.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2019, 06:07:43 AM »

Also sometimes a weapon concept is devised and integrated into the game (or a mod) before it has a set display name.

Soren

• Admiral
  • The devil himself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »

What everyone else said plus an additional point; DME started out as a nameless personal learner mod and got tightened up considerably leading up to release and afterwards. Since IDs are purely internal and are never player-facing in any meaningful sense barring something like Console Commands, interoperability with previous versions takes priority over solving the minor issues of the relatively small number of players who use Console Commands heavily.

It's annoying, and I sympathize; I sometimes have to do some data spelunking of my own mod to find the right weapon ID for testing. And in theory, it's relatively easy if dull and time-consuming to fix if I chose to do so, the next time I have a game-breaking update in the pipeline. But time spent fixing stuff like that is time not spent on new content and features, and I find new content and features more fun and rewarding to work on, so that's usually what I do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:49:28 PM by Soren »
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Auf Wiedersehen vom Nazi-Dreck!

Nia Tahl

• Commander
  • I make pink spaceships
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2019, 10:01:45 PM »

It's just a thing that happens, especially when mods go through redesigns over time. I have a couple cases of mismatched IDs myself.

In the end it comes down to it not being worth changing IDs when changing names since you'd have to change every single reference to it and it'd break saves in the patch, not to mention the IDs are generally irrelevant to players of the mod unless they want to use console commands or something, in which case doing the quick research of looking up the IDs from the csvs is really not too much effort.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]