Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A hull with several large energy hardpoints and HEF, please  (Read 1755 times)

Horza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
A hull with several large energy hardpoints and HEF, please
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »

I love beam weapons, even if they are not that great currently. That's fine, I've had lots of fun trying to maneuver a Sunder keeping HEF up with a high intensity laser and 2 phase beams. It's fun to a point but it also seems kinda pointless except as an exercise. There is no hull with a real pop HEF and melt faces type of beam setup. I ask that you'd add one.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: A hull with several large energy hardpoints and HEF, please
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »

have you tried the odyssey?
mmm.... tartiflette

YAZF

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

Odyssey is my favorite Cap ship by far. It's the fastest (not including Onslaught's burn drive), a carrier, cheap on FP, has HEF and lots of energy weapons. I usually build it as a strike ship with two autopulse lasers on one side, extended magazines and some torpedos on the front. All of my PD is burst based too so they gain benefits from the hull mod.  Two fully charged A-pulse guns with HEF is devastating. Then I fire some torps from my front missiles at the overloaded or heavily disabled ship and whabam!
Dear Alex,
There should be a battlestation/star fortress fight in the main menu mission mode.  :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »

Yup - I run an Odyssey solely dedicated to driving 2 Plasma cannons (no missiles and other armament very light). Given their burst nature you can really just drop shields and power up HEF, fire off a salvo, turn it off and raise shields again. A single salvo will cripple or outright kill an Enforcer, and the Odyssey almost has enough flux dissipation to run two cannons continuously. Just brutal :D.