Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54.1a Compatible  (Read 52022 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 (the non-star farer version)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 05:24:59 AM »

Thanks, i did update the beams, but its not doing the animation, it does look better in low texturescroll and ROUGH;

The projectiles are being a real pain to get them right...

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »

UPDATED 0.2.4

Added the Shofixti Scout in the game with its Awesome secondary weapon, the Glory Device!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Also updated Avatar and Intruder laser looks, thanks Okim!
The game is now 115 mbs, 80% of it is music!
Being the game compatible with other mods you can run the mod and play the campaign with over 10 random music tracks plus 3 for battles!

Strifen

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

seems the update download is deleted or invalid,

wonder how you got the glory device to work.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »

In a few mins, still uploading, the file is rather big so its taking longer, 70%

It should have uploaded already but right now, seems my connections having a few problems...

DONE, you can download.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:14:02 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »

seems the update download is deleted or invalid,

wonder how you got the glory device to work.

Remember the bombs on vanilla? The ones used by the pirate fighters, with no engines, imagine if the weapon was inside the hull of the ship, what would happen if you fired. Also imagine if that bomb has a radius of 400 px around it.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »

NEW UPDATE 0.2.5

Includes a new ship, the Zoq-Fot-Pik's Stinger:
Spoiler
[close]

Increased the damage (it wasnt suicide if its lower) on the Glory device by 200% and decreased the size of the explosion even tho, its overpowered right now...
Changed the UI a little, (loading and the title image)...
Changed the small lasers to FRAGMENTATION type so it actually hits and "hurts" ships...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:44:35 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

NEW UPDATE 0.2.6 (soon, its uploading) -> ITS OUT!

Contains the Mycon Podship:
Spoiler
[close]
Doesn't have the Regeneration secondary ability since the game doesn't allow instant hull recovery in a battle.

Fixed the fleet cost of a few ships...
Messed around with some weapons and tried balancing out, hope its better now...
Further changed the loading screen.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:03:01 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »

System crashes after i tried using it and it gave me this i never seen before:

Code
177716 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - Instantiating ship                                                                    1      0,00s    100,00%
177717 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.FlareAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.do.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.õO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.thissuper.ÕOO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o0O000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.öÒ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OOoO.öOÓ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The Buzzsaws dont spin (idk how i can make them do it without resorting into change the engine location making it go to random locations) and it doesnt have the option of stop moving after firing ofc...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:28:54 AM by silentstormpt »

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »

So...... On my flagship I just have the one built in or can I customize?  

So, not sure what the deal is with the mod. I can't find the ships anywhere. They are not around to fight or purchase that I can see.  

The first time I started I got the flagship.  The second time I tried a new game with just this mod and got a wolf.

Is there a limit on the number of missions that can be deployed?  I started with more mods checked, couldn't get yours until it was the only mod loaded.

Playing this brought back some memories.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:35:40 AM by bluntfang »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Flagship is only available on the Campaign for now, the rest only on mission, might change the Flagship with new weapons like on Star Control 2 in the future, for now you can find the other ships on the missions (4 last missions)

Strange i did try with other mods, well take account that some mods also change the starting ship, those can cause problems with this one, so i might add the flagship for free in the station, that should make it 100% compatible with every mod...

New additions to the campaign will come after i add all the ships into the game, even if they aren't 100% like Star Control or missing secondary/primary weapons.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »

The flare system i got in-game for the Kohr-Ah Marauder is still giving a crash error, i've been changing everything i can think of to fix it with no avail...

Could i got some enlightenment over this please, probably only Alex can understand whats wrong here:

Code
177716 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - Instantiating ship                                                                    1      0,00s    100,00%
177717 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.FlareAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.õO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.thissuper.ÕOO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o0O000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.öÒ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OOoO.öOÓ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »

Can you post your weapon definition for the flares? Looks like it may be missing a "behaviorSpec", or possibly something else.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »

Can you post your weapon definition for the flares? Looks like it may be missing a "behaviorSpec", or possibly something else.

on the shipsystems/
Code
{
"id":"marauder_fried_system",
"type":"WEAPON",
"aiType":"FLARE",
"weaponDataId":"marauder_fried_launcher",
"useSound":"marauder_gas",
"outOfUsesSound":"gun_out_of_ammo",
}

on the shipsystems/wpn/
Code
{
"id":"marauder_fried_launcher",
"specClass":"projectile",
"type":"SYSTEM",
"size":"LARGE",
"turretSprite":"",
"hardpointSprite":"",
"hardpointOffsets":[0, 0],
"turretOffsets":[0, 0],
"hardpointAngleOffsets":[0],
"turretAngleOffsets":[0],
"barrelMode":"ALTERNATING",
"animationType":"SMOKE",
"interruptibleBurst":false,
"smokeSpec":{"particleSizeMin":10.0,
"particleSizeRange":10.0,
"cloudParticleCount":3,
"cloudDuration":1.0,
"cloudRadius":360.0,
"blowbackParticleCount":0,
"blowbackDuration":2.0,
"blowbackLength":30.0,
"blowbackSpread":10.0,
"particleColor":[255,150,100,150]},
"projectileSpecId":"marauder_fried_projectile",
}

on the shipsystems/proj/
Code
{
"id":"marauder_fried_projectile",
"specClass":"missile",
"missileType":"FLARE",
"sprite":"graphics/fx/marauder_gas.png",
"size":[38,41],
"center":[19,20],
"collisionRadius":40,
"collisionClass":"MISSILE_NO_FF",
#"collisionClass":"FIGHTER",
"explosionColor":[255,150,100,255],  # purely visual, will get a white additively blended core on top of this color
"explosionRadius":150, # purely visual
"maxFlightTime":2,
#"collisionClassAfterFlameout":"MISSILE_NO_FF",
"engineSpec":{"turnAcc":0,
 "turnRate":0,
 #"maxSpeed":150,
 "acc":2000,
 "dec":0},
"engineSlots":[
{"id":"ES1",
"loc":[19, 20],
   "style":"CUSTOM",
   "styleId":"sc2_noflare",
   "width":1.0,
   "length":1.0,
   "angle":180.0},
  ]
}

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »

Yep - you need a

"behaviorSpec":{"behavior":"CUSTOM",
               "effectRange":300,
               "effectChance":0.1,
               },

Somewhere in the .proj file. Maybe other things, too - not looking too closely. May make sense to compare it to an existing flare .proj file, or even start from that to begin with.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »

its 80% based on the original flare proj

And that code fixed it, thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5