Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Versions, concerning ShaderLib

Fully support ShaderLib - Mod becomes dependant.
- 5 (71.4%)
Make versions with and without ShaderLib support
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up! - Working DEV  (Read 161759 times)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.5.0
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »

Thanks guys ^^

Also, I'm looking to update Erick Doe's Modded Starsector again to give the community a nice collection of up-to-date and pre-assembled mods for the vanilla game. The latest Gedune version will definitely be a part of that.
Great! I look forwards to it. :)

Bring on the lore, Hyph_K31!  ;)
You can count on that ;D I've been meaning to add more to the OP and make a thread in the fan media sub-forum. Things are afoot. Maybe.

And yeah, i've missed the Gedune, they provided me with a smile whenever i watched one of their ships burn to death. 8)
Pssh, I might just re-download the Valks for the sole reason of blasting them into space dust! Grawharhar~weird alien/mutant lizard laugh.

@Erick; I do plan on adding some more ships in the future, although my lips are for now mostly sealed! Of the ships you should be seeing soon are;

A capital/cruiser sized drone cargo hauler for Gedune convoys, of which there will be two sorts - those stuffed to the brim with random non-Gedune loot heading away from raiding outposts towards Gedui, and those stuffed to the brim with Gedune tech and ships, heading from Gedui to all raiding outposts. ^_^

There should also, at some point in the unspecified future be a capital, which I believe I've posted a sketch of. A looong time ago by now. *roots around in Imgur* This one! (big picture, not to scale)

Spoiler
[close]

Hella blurry.

In other news, I've already started to make changes to .5, so expect 1.5.1 soon-ish. Any feedback/input and suggestions are more than welcome, as usual! It'd really help with 1.5.1 ^^

Boop.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »

Changed so far for the incoming patch, 1.5.1;

Version 1.5.1
   * Added single Scythe torpedo launchers, for use on seccond kitsune variant.
   * Deleted third Kitsune variant - support.
   * Changed Kunai damage type to HE, and renamed the weapon 'Kunai MRM Battery'.
   * Reduced number of rockets per salvo to 20 from 50, in the Kunai MRM Battery, upped damage per missile to 40 and slightly buffed missile stats for better accuracy. reduce ammo count to 200 from 500.
   * Fiddled with various other stats on the Kunai.
   * Changed Byakuri missile hardpoints to 90° turrets.
   * Changed MS blaster spread stats; first two shots are now fairly accurate (reletively), accuracy is also regained faster.
   * Changed MS Torp Launcher name to Maelstrom Scythe Launcher.

This ought to be released reasonably soon ^^

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »

* Changed Kunai damage type to HE, and renamed the weapon 'Kunai MRM Battery'.
* Reduced number of rockets per salvo to 20 from 50, in the Kunai MRM Battery, upped damage per missile to 40 and slightly buffed missile stats for better accuracy. reduce ammo count to 200 from 500.

I'm knee-deep in a heavily-modded playthrough right now, but I'm glad to see this. The Kunai was more than a bit OP, for a direct-combat ship -- its damage output comparable to other MLRS weapons, with the addition of being able to guide itself somewhat, and energy damage allowing it to be used indiscriminately against shields and armor both. Every single "toe-to-toe with the enemy" ship I have has Kunais loaded into any available missile batteries, what with the tiny 7 OP (6 with the skill that reduces OP use by weapons) cost. I know I could just NOT use them, but that delicious missile spam is just too much fun.

In other news, I really like what you've put together here. The Gedune offer a great challenge, what with their ridiculous PD capabilities and high-performance ships. Despite the lack of ship variety (*cough* which I know that you've acknowledged the fact, and WHOLEHEARTEDLY UNDERSTAND, just silly to always fight the same 3 or 4 ship types no matter what level I'm at), a Gedune fleet always was a bit uncomfortable to fight all up until I started getting my fleet to stupidly-big sizes and skills through the roof (but then, I wasn't scared of any faction at that point).

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2014, 01:24:50 PM »

Many thanks!

1.5.1 patch link:

http://bit.ly/Gedune1-5-1

OP not updated just yet, as I'm still expecting to make some changes.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2014, 04:09:00 AM »

1.5.1 is now released and the OP is updated!

Changelog:

Spoiler
Version 1.5.1
   - Added single Scythe torpedo launchers, for use on seccond kitsune variant.
   - Deleted third Kitsune variant - support.
   - Changed Kunai damage type to HE, and renamed the weapon 'Kunai MRM Battery'.
   - Reduced number of rockets per salvo to 20 from 50, in the Kunai MRM Battery, upped damage per missile to 40 and slightly buffed missile stats for better accuracy. reduce ammo count to 240 from 500.
   - Fiddled with various other stats on the Kunai.
   - Changed Byakuri missile hardpoints to 90° turrets.
   - Changed MS blaster spread stats; first two shots are now fairly accurate (reletively), accuracy is also regained faster.
   - Changed MS Torp Launcher name to Maelstrom Scythe Launcher.
   - decreased Bakoros shield strength to 0.85 from 0.8.
   - decreased Bakoros vent rate to 280 from 300.
   - Fixed weapon primary role descriptions - no made up descriptions anymore.
   - reorganised the weapon groups across all variants.
   - Removed [REDACTED].
[close]

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.5.1
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »

*looks at the poll* Oh dear...

Okay, so the next update is going to be 1.6.0, and my targets for this update are as follows;

- Introduce custom AI for Kunai missiles - MesoTroniK was kind enough to mention that a cloud of 40+ homing missiles using vanilla missile AI isn't entirely optimum.
- Implement proper convoys to and from Gedui and raiding outposts; Convoys going to Gedui will be sent from outposts carrying loot relevant to their system e.g; Convoys from Corvus will carry Hegemony and Tri-tachyon tech, weapons etc. All convoys heading out from Gedui to gedune raiding outposts will carry supplies, Gedune ships and weapons.
- Complete the MAIS drone sub faction: They will have their own system, through which you are able to purchase gedune weapons and ships if you're on friendly terms.
Spoiler
Ideally, there will be a system through which you can gain the drones favour - supplying them with resources. When 0.65a comes along, I hope to use commodities stolen from Gedune convoys to enable this; stealing capacitors from Gedune fleets and giving them to the MAIS drone station will eventually make them your allies, and the station will start producing gedune weapons and ships.
[close]

More goals may appear later. There may also be more patches between then and now; 1.5.2 etc.

In other news, the Tenzin light cruiser had been demoted to destroyer class, and has seen some modification.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »

Now that you mention the MAIS drones, what is their back story?

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

@Sabaton:

The origin of the MAIS drones is quite simple. At the very beginning of the Gedune race and empire, their administration and leaderships was entirely controlled by one individual, the progenitor of the Gedune; the result genetic enhancement project purposed to elevate mankind to the next evolution as a space faring species (The lead scientist was entirely insane, and was murdered by his creation, which went on to create the race known as the Gedune.).

Now, this system of orchestration was quite effective when confined to a single, relatively quiet and solitary star system, but as their empire grew and become more complex this system become wholly inadequate, one brain simply isn't enough to control the dealings of multi system nation. So solve this issue before it caused some manner of catastrophe, the 'progenitor' (AKA; Geduii) designed a network of administrative AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) command cores, to control and manage the Gedune empire and all it's territories down to the T. These AGI cores had various names, OBAC for one appears in the Attack on Gedui mission brief, giving direct orders to the commander of the Shinko.

One of these cores operated under entirely different directives than the others, instead of perform administrative duties and co-ordinating Gedune activity, this core was tasked with evaluating the Gedune through unspecified guidelines and reasoning. Under the this cores direction, a Bakoros drone named Gogatsu observed the conflict that takes place between the Tri-Tachyon and the Gedune during the Attack on Gedui mission, and came to a conclusion resulting in its defection; the Core had determined the Gedune empire to be a failure post collapse.

This Core which would come to be known as MAI, or May, systematically and selectively sabotaged the Gedune central archives deleting and adjusting numerous historical accounts, before taking a fleet of Bakoros drones out into Hyperspace. May acted under directives I shall not divulge for now, to set out to make new allies and set up an independent faction in opposition to the remnant of the Gedune empire.

To put it another way; the MAIS drones were created and are controlled by an AGI core once involved in the administrative systems of the Gedune.

Spoiler
May also has ties with a certain blue faction from beyond the blackhole... Hue, hue.
[close]

I have perhaps revealed more than I meant to at this point ^^' I hope it made some sense, and wasn't entirely nonsensical. Hah.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »

New missile AI, courtesy of MesoTroniK, will soon be tested, fiddled with and perhaps implemented.

It is currently two in the morning, and I have no right to be awake. Good night.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:38:55 PM by Hyph_K31 »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 04, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

ShaderLib support in progress!

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2014, 06:44:54 AM »

A new teeny tiny scrap fighter:

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »

Progress update;

The past few days I've been working on a new ship system for the Dahkan, called Overdrive(Temporary name) - Many thanks to those lovely people of the modding community who've helped out!

This system is very simple. And somewhat brutal. The Overdrive system kicks just about every offensive system on the ship into Overdrive: Weapons range, damage, fire rate and ship speed and manoeuvrability. As you can imagine, the sheer amount of projectile fuelled hell the Dahkan now spews out is quite terrific.

The toll for this incredible boost to offensive capability is equally hefty. Whilst the system is running, the ship is liable to suffer engine and weapon malfunctions, and its CR degrades. If you use this system too much, your harbinger of death will be reduced to a quivering pile of scrap - barely able to fend off a Brawler. The system also builds up hard flux which cannot be dissipated whilst running, and also reduces shield efficiency.

I have tinkered with this system quite a lot, and so far I'm happy with the balance here - although it'll doubtlessly require fine tuning later on.

Spoiler

[close]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »

In my opinion making a forked version of the mod that does not require ShaderLib is a waste of energy. Let me explain why...

It requires a disproportionate amount of effort from the modder to do so compared to the end user simple going into the ShaderLib mod settings and disabling it there if they dislike the aesthetic or the performance hit on their machine. As time goes on likely every mod will utilize ShaderLib, so my recommendation to the players if you do not wish to use it. Simply disable it in the settings as I mentioned, it is no more work than disabling a mod in the launcher :)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »

Points taken. Personally, I don't think it's too much hassle to make separate versions; all I have to do after all is slightly adjust my modPlugin, and remove a file a two.

For now however, I will stick to simply releasing the version that is already dependant on ShaderLib. If anyone ever complains about this kind of... Issue later, they can follow those very simple instructions, but for the sake of the extremely lazy or inept, I will also release a version that can stand alone.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »

Spoiler

Improved Bakoros sprite (thanks to HELMUT for kitbashing my kitbash so I could kitbash some bits of their kitbash onto my kitbash...) and Kyra sprite.
New:

Old:

[close]
There are other things going on, but I'm not quite ready to share just yet.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:04:54 PM by Hyph_K31 »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22