Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [.53a] Corvus system eventually fills up with small fleets  (Read 4221 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[.53a] Corvus system eventually fills up with small fleets
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »

It seems that eventually (took me about 4 hours of game play) the Corvus system will no longer have any large fleets, most of the fleets will be "remnants" of larger fleets that just fly around chasing other fleets, with no decisive engagements taking place.  This causes the fleet limit per faction to be hit.  Perhaps if an "Armada" class fleet gets too damaged it tries to fly back to home base to disappear?

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: [.53a] Corvus system eventually fills up with small fleets
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:50:45 AM »

They should resupply...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:07 AM »

Dosnt seem to happen for me atleast.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »

They don't resupply... Often I'll find 3 fleets just sitting on top of each other trying to fight out out, over and over.  Only when I approach do they scatter.  I'll see if I can dig up a save, I upped the max fleet count in my config by a factor 10.  I could have hunted down the little ones and fixed it myself, but by then I had a large slow fleet and didn't feel like going back to being fast  :P

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »

They do resupply, but that doesn't give them ships back, they simply get their starting supplies crew and so on. they should rather go to their home planet and despawn when their fleet is worn down to a single fighter or when they are in no condition to fight whatsoever ( no combat ready ship).

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:34:17 AM »

Got many small one ship fleets too after some time. And many of them without weapons at all but AI dont mind and still fight with them by autoresolve somehow ;]. Then 5-6 one ship fleets circle on top of each other it looks weird - and they stay this way until bigger fleet scatter them off.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 06:05:13 AM »

i cant seem to recreate that behavior for more than a couple of seconds. they sit on top each other for about 5-6 seconds then one of them runs away and dies to an accident or simply from running into a bigger fleet.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

I think I figured out what was causing it in my game.  Since I've got a big fleet, the only fleets I can seemingly catch are armadas and what not, so eventually the only fleets that don't get killed are "scout" and "raider" fleets.  So it's a bizarre kind of natural selection.

Perhaps if fleets returned and docked after a year and were "re-rolled" it would fix it?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »

Perhaps if fleets returned and docked after a year and were "re-rolled" it would fix it?

They should in theory do that - shouldn't even take that long, it's usually well under a month.

Are you playing vanilla, or are you using mods? It's possible that fleets spawned in a mod aren't being given the order to go back to where they came from and despawn.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 11:45:57 AM »

It was just vanilla, but now I've upped the max fleet sizes by 10x, they probably are doing the docking thing, I just kill the big ones so fast after they spawn that when ever I check the map it only seems to be filled with small fleets (or the escaped remnants of larger fleets).  Anyway, I'll pay more close attention to exactly what they are doing now and report if I notice anything weird.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 01:12:07 PM »

Here are a couple images that illustrate a bug he mentioned.

Spoiler

[close]

All the fleets contained 1 Hound each, except the Tri-Tachyon one which had a Tempest. They all stayed in one spot and rotated, and only scattered when I came along.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

Thanks - added something that should address it, but haven't tested it much.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »

Can we get the save file?

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »

Can we get the save file?

It only occurred to me to do that after I'd posted the pictures. By then, I'd already saved. Was gonna post my intention to email the save file to Alex if it ever occurred for me again, but decided not to post that. Reason being, unnecessary posts in the bug forum are especially distracting to Alex.