Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181840 times)

Audiopulse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v1.15, .54.1a) Major bug fix.
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »

Hey,

ive had this mod installed for  a while now - couldnt really start anything with it, though. I recognised the new Skills, but I didnt know what to do with them, really, as it seemed like theyre only good when Ive got that HQ I have heard of. Said HQ is nowwhere to be found, though. Nor that playerbase which is to be bought prior to that.

Is there some kind of documentation anywhere?

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »

Indeed I find the documentation to be lacking so here's what I've gathered:

1. How It works
Spoiler
Go to the Corvus II Fleet Center.  Right next to the Orbital Station.

Step one: Buy your Storage Facility.
This is going to be where your fleets will deposit their goods, and where your structures will pull resources from to make more resources. You must buy this before you have access to the Fleet HQ, also bought from the Fleet Center.

Step two: Buy the Fleet HQ.
Here is where everything happens. Though it seems like the same as your Storage Facility, when you place fleet contracts here, they will spawn actual fleets. This is also where you deposit any structures you buy. Your structures need crew to be powered, place some crew of any level (not marines) based on the number of structures you have.

Your stations will orbit around "Lost Planet".
[close]

2. Structure
Spoiler
Structures will utilize a new resource called energy, as well as supplies and fuel. You will need crew in your Fleet HQ to power these facilities as well. Meanwhile resources for your Structures are taken from your Storage Facility.

Solar Plant : Produces 5 Energy per day. Requires a staff of 15 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.
Supply Structure : Produces 5 Supplies per day, but requires 3 Energy and 1 Fuel to power. Requires a staff of 20 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.
Fuel Structure : Produces 2 Fuel per day, but requires 4 Energy to power. Requires a staff of 30 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.
Cloning Facility : Produces 3 Green Crew per day, but requires 4 Energy and 3 Supplies to power. Requires a staff of 40 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.
Mining Facility: Produces 1 Ore at the cost of 3 energy, 2 supplies, and 2 fuel per day. Requires 20 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.
Basic/Intermediate/Advance Flight school: Upgrade 3/2/1 crews by one level per day at the cost of 5/10/20 Energy per day. Requires 10/20/30 men at your Fleet HQ per structure.

Station Reports:
These are items that are automatically reset in your Fleet HQ each day. They help indicate how many resources your producing, will tell you if your producing negative resources (which obviously will result in a net loss of resources and eventual nonfunctional buildings,) and tell you exactly how many crew you need to operate your buildings.
[close]

3. Contracts
Spoiler
Various contracts are available at the Fleet Center, Including "Attack" Contracts which spawn NPC fleets which hunt fleets hostile to you and bring spoils back to your HQ, and "Trade" Contracts which automatically sell Items you gather/produced.

There are also Mining squad contract which mine ores for you, and Hydroponic fleet contract which produce supplies over time.

Contracts are consumed when the appropriate fleet spawn and are lost when the fleet is destroyed.

Blueprints are permanent items that create fleets with your own resources and will respawn fleet if they are destroyed, given adequate resource. Supplies/Crew/energy for your patrol fleets are taken from your Storage Facility.

The maximum amount of fleets you can deploy at 0 industry skill is 5.

You can attack your own fleet for whatever reasons but there will be consequences. Once you've attacked one of your fleets, all deployed fleets will instantly begin to attack you (or, if your bigger, float around you like a vulture.)

Every day, there is a 1/3 chance to lose about 10% of one resource type in your Storage, including weapons.
There is also a 1/3 chance that instead, you will lose a little over 10% of your current credits.
The final 1/3 chance is that nothing will happen.

The mutiny will end once you've eliminated all of your deployed fleets. During the rebellion, your buildings will not produce, fleets will not be deployed, and the free transfer will be set to false (You can still remove your stuff during a rebellion, if you're willing to pay for it, that is.)

Once it ends, you will have access like normal.
[close]

4. Mining and Civilian Faction
Spoiler
Besides producing them in your HQ, you can also mine from asteroids. Ores can be sold or stored to be used by Blueprints, Precious Ores have no uses, but worth alot when sold.

To mine, you need ships with Mining Power:
Mining Pods have a power of 1.
Ox Pods have a power of 2.
Digger Frigates have a power of 3.

Afterwards, stay on top of an asteroid (just click on them) and watch as the ores and XP point rolls in.

Obtain Mining Ships from The Civilian Station Orbiting Corvus I. The Station will also spawn NPC fleet to mine.

-The Civilian Station automatically converts 15% of it's Ore and Supply stock each day, converting it to a new resource called "Wealth".
-AS the Civilian Station gains Wealth, it begins to get larger, more powerful, and more numerous fleets. The station loses wealth every time it spawns fleets.
-Poor Mining Fleets no longer use buffalo, but a poorly equipped Venture instead. This is because the Mining Fleets suffered from no hanger space. The Venture is only equipped with a Mining Blaster and 2 Light MGs, no vents or capacitors, and a special hull mod called "Economical" that reduces it's Hull and Armor by 30%, strips it's shield generator, but increases it's top speed.
-Tech Levels above 1 has the regular Balanced variant of Venture.
[close]

Audiopulse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »

Great respond. Got it all covered - OP should stick it to its Description :)

Btw. Now that I know exactly where the place I get that Station -should- be I was able to make out its not present in my game. I figured I might try starting a new game and yes: voila - there it is. A second station around corvus2 that wasnt there before.

Thanks for that :)

crazygerbil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2013, 06:52:50 PM »

I believe that I found a bug.

The Weapons Trader contract (not the automated one) Check for the presence of 10 weapons in the storage facility for whether to send a convoy or not, but takes the weapons out of the Fleet HQ.

It should probably check the Fleet HQ for presence of weaponry, and continue taking the weapons from Fleet HQ.

Vilu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »

Is it only the assault contracts that bring loot back?

Would be nice if blueprints did, but as far as i've noticed they don't. That or they've just been killed on their first fight...  ???

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2013, 01:56:36 PM »

This mod is awesome. If Industry will be like this in the final game it's going to be great.

However, the requirements of some facilities are not correct in the tooltips (or in the scripts):
Solar Plants: Infobox states 15 crew, actually needs 10.
Fuel Production: Infobox states 30, needs 10.
Supply Production: States 20, needs 10.
Cloning Facility: States 40, needs 15.
Barracks: Not yet tested, however: Script states that it needs no crew, still produces 2 Marines.

I've also updated the Spreadsheet with the information that I gathered (Skills and so on).
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nlb3lm9mq26h104

EDIT:
I think I found a rather major bug with the "Production Efficiency" Skill.
The modifier is applied to each Facility/Module, NOT all Facilities/Modules of the same type.
Because it then rounds down before adding up, the skill only allows you to produce 1 Supply/Energy per Facility more. If you skill it to level 10.
I have not tested the perk yet, but it should add 1 Energy/Plant, and add the boost mentioned above at level 9.
So 10 skillpoints equal 2 Energy and 1 Supply more per Facility, which I don't think is intended.
I have edited the spreadsheet, so everything should add up with the game. If I made a mistake, please either write me a pm or just reply.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:55:06 AM by FloW »
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2013, 07:08:50 AM »

I'm probably asking a silly quest.

But you put fleet Blueprints into your fleet HQ? Right?

Also, I read the bit about one fleet per blueprint, but is that one fleet per blueprint of a given type?

Or am I safe in assuming I can drop 2 Midline fleet blueprints into my HQ and given the resources are present in my Storage they'll be spawned?

Edit: Looks like I was just being impatient.

I've a question referring to the fleets, are there any plans to add a Destroyer/Cruiser/Capital ship mining vessel in the pipe? I notice "wealthy" mining fleets with cruiser in them. That would be awesome to be able to make my own personal large scale miners, say "Strip" mining the barren planets in the sector?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:56:44 AM by SainnQ »

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »

I might add in more Mining Vessels of varying classes, once I not only have time, but in the right mindset.
As FloW pointed out, I've still got some things to iron out xD

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »

I might add in more Mining Vessels of varying classes, once I not only have time, but in the right mindset.
As FloW pointed out, I've still got some things to iron out xD

There are I think currently 3 ships that would fit the "feel " of your mod as far as higher class hulls go.

Tarsus, destroyer class hauler.
Adventure class civilian battleship
And the Venture class Cruiser.

Also.

My current production bloc is comprised of nearly 45 station structures. I'm seeing severely little return on a million+ investment. Any chance this'll change in the next release?  :P

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:46 AM »

Alright, so when you give ore and supplies to the Civilian Station, they get wealth which accumulates to make better mining/hydroponic fleets.
Do you get bonuses for your stations?
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »

Just a heads up. I read the opening post, and have very little idea what this mod does. It might benefit from a "What does this mod do" section as it does a "how it works" section.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

Alright, so when you give ore and supplies to the Civilian Station, they get wealth which accumulates to make better mining/hydroponic fleets.
Do you get bonuses for your stations?

Corporate Civilian fleets are my end-game prey of choice for having good ships and for being really numerous. they'll get there eventually unless you spend all your time hunting them down.

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »

This mod is making me fall in love with the game again.
Bugs: Hydroponics ships don't seem to generate supplies within your fleet.
My mining fleets NEVER go back for resupply, instead they slowly die due to lack of supplies.
Edit: None of my fleets go back for resupply. They just explode slowly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:52:39 PM by cp252 »

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 04, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »

So... any chance this mod may find its way into U'sC? I cant decide if I want to play that or this one in vanilla.

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2013, 12:51:52 AM »

Is it an error when I try to buy one of the supply stations (energy) and it is listed as 9000 credits needed but when you go to confirm the purchase it says the buying price is in fact 900000 credits needed?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30