Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181346 times)

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v1.00, .54a) Convoy and Mining Experience. Bug fix.
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »

Make sure you've downloaded the newest version.

You know, Starsector v.54.1a.

ahh that explains it i didnt expect them to get the next version out so soon

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v1.00, .54.1a) Convoy and Mining Experience. Bug fix.
« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2013, 06:42:52 PM »

With the log that was super easy to figure out :p. It wasn't recognizing the addXP method xD

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »

Whoops my bad, thought I copy pasted the last bit of my Starfarer log in there with it lawl. Also in all fairness it said .54a :D.

Would also like to add mining fleets don't seem to do anything, they just fly around the asteroid ring and nothing is produced at home, unless they need to finish an entire cycle of the ring. Though I would see being killed off by enemy ships would be done far before they finished their cycle.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:06:53 AM by Spardok »

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:33 PM »

Verrius, would you add the farmsteads to the poor station? there's one in the hegemony station, but if you buy it and it gets blown up that seems to be it, no more farmsteads

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »

Verrius, would you add the farmsteads to the poor station? there's one in the hegemony station, but if you buy it and it gets blown up that seems to be it, no more farmsteads
Heck, why not. I can probably even make them drop off their produced supplies to the station.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »

Heck, why not. I can probably even make them drop off their produced supplies to the station.
thanks. Farmstead frigates are some of my favorite utility ships, they've got a huge cargo hold, a big crew compartment, and they generate supplies so i don't have to keep running back to a station to get more food

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

Yes this would be really cool!
Thank you.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »

Got a few things on the way so far. Here's a lil' list of whats to come:

-Farmstead added to the Poor Mining Station. The station has a small chance to build a new one periodically.
-The Poor Mining Station has a chance to spawn a Hydroponic Fleet of 4 Farmsteads. They will defend for about 10 days before dropping off their supplies. More likely, pirates will kill them. Or you will. One or the other.
-Ox changed to a fighter wing. Comes in pairs. Still pretty beefy, but as you'd expect, still lame in combat. It simply looked too awkward and small to be a frigate.

-A new ship has been added in place of the frigate Ox: The Digger. Stock variant involves 2 Mining Lasers, a Mining Blaster, and 2 LMGs.

It is pretty meaty, and has fairly high flux dissipation for a low-tech ship intended for the Mining Blaster. I MIGHT make the Mining Blaster that goes in the med slot built in, not sure yet.

-Poor Mining Station now also produces Mining Lasers, Mining Blasters, and Light MGs very slowly over time.

More additions since the last listing:
-The "Poor Civilian Station" has been renamed to just "Civilian Station".
-The Civilian Station automatically converts 15% of it's Ore and Supply stock each day, converting it to a new resource called "Wealth".
-AS the Civilian Station gains Wealth, it begins to get larger, more powerful, and more numerous fleets. The station loses wealth every time it spawns fleets.
-Poor Mining Fleets no longer use buffalo, but a poorly equipped Venture instead. This is because the Mining Fleets suffered from no hanger space. The Venture is only equipped with a Mining Blaster and 2 Light MGs, no vents or capacitors, and a special hull mod called "Economical" that reduces it's Hull and Armor by 30%, strips it's shield generator, but increases it's top speed.
-Tech Levels above 1 has the regular Balanced variant of Venture.

The bug with convoys going around patrolling instead of, well, convoying is fixed. It only happened if you had Scrappers running, or should have only happened.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »

-The Civilian Station automatically converts 15% of it's Ore and Supply stock each day, converting it to a new resource called "Wealth".
-AS the Civilian Station gains Wealth, it begins to get larger, more powerful, and more numerous fleets. The station loses wealth every time it spawns fleets.
-Poor Mining Fleets no longer use buffalo, but a poorly equipped Venture instead. This is because the Mining Fleets suffered from no hanger space. The Venture is only equipped with a Mining Blaster and 2 Light MGs, no vents or capacitors, and a special hull mod called "Economical" that reduces it's Hull and Armor by 30%, strips it's shield generator, but increases it's top speed.
-Tech Levels above 1 has the regular Balanced variant of Venture.

The bug with convoys going around patrolling instead of, well, convoying is fixed. It only happened if you had Scrappers running, or should have only happened.

can they now be wiped out by pirates or *cough* me or is just the maximum # of fleets increasing ?

The Venture is cool... easy way to get a good carrier  ;)
... maybe they should get their own carrier if you have the time to create one.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

can they now be wiped out by pirates or *cough* me or is just the maximum # of fleets increasing ?

The Venture is cool... easy way to get a good carrier  ;)
... maybe they should get their own carrier if you have the time to create one.
They can't be wiped out per say, as they can still spawn fleets without wealth. They'll just be the weak fleets we've all come to know and love. (That being said, the Digger does require more care to fight than the old Ox, and the Venture, while much more vulnerable than a regular Venture, still packs quite a punch. I can no longer easily solo the Poor Fleets with just a Hound.)

A Mining Carrier is possible. Although I'd want to make sure it looks good

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2013, 05:57:58 AM »

Are these features upcoming or are they already in the new version?

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:08 PM »

can't wait :P

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »

Verrius, take your time man
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:57:37 PM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Dorfs R Fun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2013, 02:01:36 PM »

Awesome, I can't wait. Thanks for all your hard work.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30