Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181723 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.98, .54a) Industry Skills for your empire!
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »

If that's the case, why are the drones more expensive then? The drones cost 6000cr and 6 FP, while the Ox costs 5400cr and 4 FP.

Also, noticed something else. The barracks don't have a report about how many marines you're producing and they don't remove green crew from the crew report.
Oops, and oops. I'll get on those.

It think I found a bug with the Traders. They say they start shipping at 1000 Units (in this case it was the Regular Personal one). But they seem to always ship 100. At least that's what is said in the message. Also when I added 400 Regulars to my Station by accident, they immediately went of with all of them. But it said it only sold 100 and I also didn't get any more money.

Also I think the Fleet HQ is a little bit overpriced in my opinion, as the high price pretty much defeats the point of adding another way to add money. After all if you have 120000 you can nearly afford a Paragon.

Seems like I forgot to change the description. As stated, it's 100, but added upon with skills. As for the second part, that sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.
You know if it's only Regulars, or if it effects other crew types/items?

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »

I installed the mod and:

Making Ore seems to be totally ineffective cost wise (unless you want to spawn fleets)
I can't find the "free scrapper stuff" contract anywhere. The scrappers have contracts for small, med, large, huge patrol fleets but not the one i look for.

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »

I have only tried it on regulars.

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »

I have the same bug with fuel and supplies. Takes everything you have and sells it all, but only gives you 100 units worth
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

The convoy bug should be fixed and will be up with the next update.
Also, I'll make the Fleet HQ cheaper. Slash that price in half.

I installed the mod and:

Making Ore seems to be totally ineffective cost wise (unless you want to spawn fleets)
I can't find the "free scrapper stuff" contract anywhere. The scrappers have contracts for small, med, large, huge patrol fleets but not the one i look for.
I agree, however it can be very profitable if your not the one doing the mining. What I'll probably do is increase the chance of getting precious ore, but the mining fleets won't drop it.
As for the unique Scrappers Contract and the unique Shadow Order Contract, they're not in yet. Those take a little bit of extra work, and I haven't gotten around to re-adding them :p. I'll do it now.

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 01, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »

can't wait for the Alex's hotfix so we can get Exp from mining.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »

would you please add a few mining ships to the station that sells the fleet storage/hq?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »

The Mining Pods are already in the Hegemony base.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »

@soldier, i was asking about the OX frigate, but i see where it is now.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »

Going to update. The unique modded contracts still won't be in, this flu makes thinking too difficult to program.
And I forgot everything I changed, should be mostly stuff that's been mentioned by you guys though.

The Poor Mining Station periodically produces mining drones and ox frigates over time.

Oh and someone asked earlier whats up with the Poor Mining Station. It's mostly just an alternative way to get Ore, as well as a place where your convoys will sell if nobody else likes you. If they don't like you, I believe you can still sell to them via convoys.

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.99, .54a) Bug fixes
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »

Okay not sure why, but recently when ever I use the contract mining fleets in conjunction with any contacts from mods that I added (copy paste where needed nothing else changed - based on high tech ones) it just keeps spawning mining fleets even when I buy only 1 of them, if I put one of my extras in at the same time as the miners it does that. Sorry for the scattered post but I'm tired.
Edit: To clarify I used the high tech contract and replaced pieces with what I wanted instead (IE; Ironclads)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »

Are you trying to add a custom contract, or are you trying to replace a contract?

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »

Going to update. The unique modded contracts still won't be in, this flu makes thinking too difficult to program.
And I forgot everything I changed, should be mostly stuff that's been mentioned by you guys though.

The Poor Mining Station periodically produces mining drones and ox frigates over time.

Oh and someone asked earlier whats up with the Poor Mining Station. It's mostly just an alternative way to get Ore, as well as a place where your convoys will sell if nobody else likes you. If they don't like you, I believe you can still sell to them via convoys.

so i can safely pirate their stuff without worries?

As for the ox vs mining drones thing: Why not make drones the more powerful miners and keep the Ox as an easier to obtain and use miner?

Also a request: If it is possible, would you make Ox-miners act like civilian ships? (rally civilian ships and run away from danger)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:24:13 PM by mkire »

Dorfs R Fun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »

Great mod here, however I'm having trouble with my fleets not attacking or being attacked by anything other then pirate raiders. I'm running this mod with Uomoz's Corvus but even if I wage war with the Heg or TT they completely ignore my fleets. I have 20 fleets out right now and all they will do is chase pirate hounds around oblivious to the fact that we're at war with every faction in the solar system Am I doing something wrong?

Sahrkir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2012, 04:52:28 AM »

I have a problem that whenever I try running Starfarer with this mod I get this message popping up and my game not starting.

Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.vfleet_ConvoyEvents]
Cause: Parsing compilation unit
"com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOOO$1@c272bc"
Check starfarer.log for more info.

Help please I don't understand a single thing about that error... :|

Edit: Figured out what the problem was, I was attempting to run the mod on version 0.53.1a instead of 0.54a.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:59:21 PM by Sahrkir »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30