Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181337 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.95, .54a) Industry Skills for your empire!
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »

wait, I saw industry skills in the title just before.  HURRAH! :D
I eagerly await that fix!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sherrodninja

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »

I had the same reaction, but I got a nose bleed from awesomeness. nose bleeds suck :-\

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »

This mod is really really cool. I'd very much like to add it into a UC let's play I want to do once that is updated, and possibly add in the Shadow Order and Scrappers to have some more things to do with this mod if you plan on updating them soon. Gonna give everyone full credit for their mods in the descriptions and stuff. Also, this is probably the best mod out there, just because it adds more things to do instead of mostly just more things to shoot at.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »

Fixed yet?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »

Its worked fine for me so far.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »

Oh, yeah I uploaded the fix right after making the post :p

As for Shadow Order, that will also require an update. Shall work on that now.

EDIT: Updated to Version .98. This version just adds some mining stuff in. Mostly a prelude to getting XP from mining.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.98, .54a) Industry Skills for your empire!
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »

XP from mining, you say? Interesting.

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2012, 04:32:54 AM »

The automated weapon trader contract for the fleet storage (haven't checked the other one) spams '0' every so often, when there are no weapons to sell.

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »

can you (or someone else) please explain how mining works? I mean the specifics like, is there a difference in mining power between the Ox and the Mining Drones? Do you have to equip Mining Lasers on the Ox? What does Mining Power mean exactly? More resources gained or faster?

also what does the Poor Neutral Mining Faction do? I have restock mod on in my current playthrough (the mod version, maybe a slight mistake) so I can't really see what it would have in Stock. Is it possible to change it's status from poor to wealthy and what would be the results?

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »

I have a question: For the ore, are you going to eventually add different ores to various random asteroids, then allow us to use the ores to build weapons and ships?  ;D

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »

The automated weapon trader contract for the fleet storage (haven't checked the other one) spams '0' every so often, when there are no weapons to sell.
Whoops, I'll get that fixed up. Leftover debugging message :p

can you (or someone else) please explain how mining works? I mean the specifics like, is there a difference in mining power between the Ox and the Mining Drones? Do you have to equip Mining Lasers on the Ox? What does Mining Power mean exactly? More resources gained or faster?

also what does the Poor Neutral Mining Faction do? I have restock mod on in my current playthrough (the mod version, maybe a slight mistake) so I can't really see what it would have in Stock. Is it possible to change it's status from poor to wealthy and what would be the results?
Mining power basically increases the amount of ore you get every time you successfully mine. The Ox provides twice as much power as one wing of Mining Drones. You do not need Mining Lasers on the Ox.

Mining Drones are worth 1 Power, Ox is worth 2.

I have a question: For the ore, are you going to eventually add different ores to various random asteroids, then allow us to use the ores to build weapons and ships?  ;D
Would be nice wouldn't it :p. Weapons and ships are a possibility, different types of ores, not likely in the near future. My thoughts for ships and weapons, I'm not sure how I'd do them. I want the mod to be able to run with as much compatibility with other mods as possible. As it stands, for weapons I need to specifically link the costs to the weapons for each mod, which I don't like. For creating the stuff, there will probably be a general "reverse engineering" system that will allow you to build ships you place in your Fleet HQ.

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

For creating the stuff, there will probably be a general "reverse engineering" system that will allow you to build ships you place in your Fleet HQ.
Ohh, I'd really like to see that implemented.

Mining power basically increases the amount of ore you get every time you successfully mine. The Ox provides twice as much power as one wing of Mining Drones. You do not need Mining Lasers on the Ox.

Mining Drones are worth 1 Power, Ox is worth 2.
If that's the case, why are the drones more expensive then? The drones cost 6000cr and 6 FP, while the Ox costs 5400cr and 4 FP.

Also, noticed something else. The barracks don't have a report about how many marines you're producing and they don't remove green crew from the crew report.

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »

It think I found a bug with the Traders. They say they start shipping at 1000 Units (in this case it was the Regular Personal one). But they seem to always ship 100. At least that's what is said in the message. Also when I added 400 Regulars to my Station by accident, they immediately went of with all of them. But it said it only sold 100 and I also didn't get any more money.

Also I think the Fleet HQ is a little bit overpriced in my opinion, as the high price pretty much defeats the point of adding another way to add money. After all if you have 120000 you can nearly afford a Paragon.

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »

It think I found a bug with the Traders. They say they start shipping at 1000 Units (in this case it was the Regular Personal one). But they seem to always ship 100.

The traders can sell up to 1000, but you have to invest in industry skill Trade Contracts to raise it above 100.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30