Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181352 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

I can finally say Convoys seem to be working like they should. No more ordering, instant payment nonsense. They will now work like you'd expect: ------Payment on delivery.
-Weapon traders now require a minimum of 10 weapons of any kinds before being deployed.
-Convoys will take a cut. I think up till now, you've basically been able to sell them for their base value, and it was MORE worthwhile to sell via convoys, which doesn't make sense. Depending on how moddable skills are, the cut might be reduced via skills.
-There is a new station that orbits on the same planet as the Abandoned Storage Facility, the Rundown Civilian Station. Convoys will deliver to this station if your hostile to everyone else. You will not get as much money from them. It has no wares besides what you sell to them atm, I might make little mining fleets for them though, and make them one of the few places to buy ore yourself.

Fun fact about buying ore... If any fleet has Mining Pods, they become miners, and will attempt to mine and sell like a miner. It works like that in the original version too.
(I REALLY want to see somebody throw mining fleets at the Heg System Defense Fleet. That'd be hilarious.)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Sounds good, a place to get ore without getting it youself. :)
And more funny bugs.  I must see! ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Okay, here's what I've got for mutiny. Once you've attacked one of your fleets, all deployed fleets will instantly begin to attack you (or, if your bigger, float around you like a vulture.)

Every day, there is a 33% chance to lose about 10% of one resource type in your Storage, including weapons.
There is also a 33% chance that instead, you will lose a little over 10% of your current credits.
The final 33% chance is that nothing will happen.

(one of those is 34%, I forgot which one. Sue me.)

The mutiny will end once you've eliminated all of your deployed fleets. During the rebellion, your buildings will not produce, fleets will not be deployed, and the free transfer will be set to false (Meaning you can remove your stuff during a rebellion, if your willing to pay for it. I can't just tell it to not sell, sadly.)

Once it ends, you will have access like normal.

Now, this is still easily the best way to get Packers and Farmstead ships, and CAN be profitable, depending on how many of your fleets you think you can slaughter before they drain all your funds. Ship farming is still possible, but carries a risk, as if your fleet is too big and slow, you'll have to spend a decent amount of time catching all your fleets, and your losing money about once every three days.

Resources are only drained from your Fleet Storage, your Fleet HQ and Abandoned Storage are fine. This MIGHT change, but honestly, the resource drain is mostly flavor. The big deal is losing all your monies.

Okay, it's been updated. Have fun everyone :p. Feedback would be appreciated, etc. etc.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Okay, here's what I've got for mutiny. Once you've attacked one of your fleets, all deployed fleets will instantly begin to attack you (or, if your bigger, float around you like a vulture.)

Every day, there is a 33% chance to lose about 10% of one resource type in your Storage, including weapons.
There is also a 33% chance that instead, you will lose a little over 10% of your current credits.
The final 33% chance is that nothing will happen.

(one of those is 34%, I forgot which one. Sue me.)

The mutiny will end once you've eliminated all of your deployed fleets. During the rebellion, your buildings will not produce, fleets will not be deployed, and the free transfer will be set to false (Meaning you can remove your stuff during a rebellion, if your willing to pay for it. I can't just tell it to not sell, sadly.)

Once it ends, you will have access like normal.

Now, this is still easily the best way to get Packers and Farmstead ships, and CAN be profitable, depending on how many of your fleets you think you can slaughter before they drain all your funds. Ship farming is still possible, but carries a risk, as if your fleet is too big and slow, you'll have to spend a decent amount of time catching all your fleets, and your losing money about once every three days.

Resources are only drained from your Fleet Storage, your Fleet HQ and Abandoned Storage are fine. This MIGHT change, but honestly, the resource drain is mostly flavor. The big deal is losing all your monies.

Okay, it's been updated. Have fun everyone :p. Feedback would be appreciated, etc. etc.

Sounds very very nice.. though I usually don't slaughter my own fleets :P

Quick question, does it matter if I use green/regular/veteran/elite crew in fleet HQ yet?

And would blueprints for hydroponics and miners work? but with a higher limit, say it tries to keep 5 fleets out at once (maybe make it have 5 if you have 5 copies of the blueprint?)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.90, .53.1a) Rewritten, much improved!
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »

Quick question, does it matter if I use green/regular/veteran/elite crew in fleet HQ yet?
Not yet, I'll probably put that in when the new update comes out, because the bonuses would be very similar to the effects I'd like to add to skills.

And would blueprints for hydroponics and miners work? but with a higher limit, say it tries to keep 5 fleets out at once (maybe make it have 5 if you have 5 copies of the blueprint?)
Y'know, limiting fleets based on the Blueprints in the HQ might actually be a good idea for all of them. I think I might do that.
But yes, Hydroponic and Mining Blueprints, in addition to the contracts would be very possible.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »

Not yet, I'll probably put that in when the new update comes out, because the bonuses would be very similar to the effects I'd like to add to skills.

Y'know, limiting fleets based on the Blueprints in the HQ might actually be a good idea for all of them. I think I might do that.
But yes, Hydroponic and Mining Blueprints, in addition to the contracts would be very possible.

that could inadvertantly solve the problem of having 50 capital ship fleets flying around at once :P would also make having high production a nice priority since you need a lot of materials for the blueprints.

Maybe have a max of 2 cap ship fleets at once, 1 low/mid tech and 1 high tech.. maybe 4 cruiser size fleets etc?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »

can i upgrade to this with a save game or will i need to start over?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2012, 12:46:26 AM »

can i upgrade to this with a save game or will i need to start over?

more than likely start over, because the mod doesn't used the same code at all..

on a different note, Verrius do you know that the feedback report things in the fleet HQ are worth far too much? :P (read: 1 billion(?) credits)

The high cargo space doesn't offset it very well because you could make it.. and selling one of them nets you more money than you could ever spent..
Especially if you use Lotus conglomerate mod.. which has a station that has a point in its orbit that overlaps the Fleet HQ... don't need to spend any more time in space than it takes to click the mouse basically..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:50:35 AM by Plasmatic »
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2012, 07:17:48 AM »

Boo.
Well, I guess I'll just have to make them vanish instantly as soon as you leave the station >_<. I should probably have realized/remembered that you don't BUY from your station :p

Until next update, I guess everyone'll just enjoy rediculous free money :p

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2012, 07:39:31 AM »

I Actually agree on having the station cost at list a huge amount, its made to last longer, its size would be around 5 times the biggest ship (i would imagine), huge amount of storage and crew that needs supplies.

Depending on what options it has it should be at list 100 million minimum for the smallest outpost.

Now that i think about it, why not making all vanilla weapon/ships cost 10x times, would make more sense a Paragon costing 2.5 million credits right? Even if its only visual.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

I Actually agree on having the station cost at list a huge amount, its made to last longer, its size would be around 5 times the biggest ship (i would imagine), huge amount of storage and crew that needs supplies.

Depending on what options it has it should be at list 100 million minimum for the smallest outpost.

Now that i think about it, why not making all vanilla weapon/ships cost 10x times, would make more sense a Paragon costing 2.5 million credits right? Even if its only visual.

thats not what we are talking about...

Once you have your stations up, and you have some buildings in your fleet HQ. you get a feedback report in the way of items telling you how much you are using, or producing a day.

These feedback items are worth 1 billion each. meaning, pick some up, hurry your way over to a station and you have 800 million credits per item. making money completely useless.
- Maurice Switzer

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

Yep, just fell over it , too

Would say it´s a "beta feature" since in the previous versions they had zero value.

.... well yes it´s a bug i would aggree  ;D
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

I've noticed the Tri-tach still have their fleet center, is that going to be used for something?
- Maurice Switzer

Sherrodninja

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

I really like this mod. I can't wait for it to be complete along with the main game.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2012, 02:02:26 AM »

New update. Yay skills. Shake it down for me, I don't really have time right now to test extensively >_<.

Just tried playing a straight game, it broke after a few days. Uploading an attempted fix.

I've noticed the Tri-tach still have their fleet center, is that going to be used for something?
Oh right. I'll probably add the high tech blueprints back to it or something. Just in case you make the Heg really angry with you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30