Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181717 times)

pipikins

• Ensign
    • View Profile

just wanding how do you get blue pints to work?
I have tryed just putting them in my fleet Hq

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Put them in the Fleet HQ and have the nessesary resources in the Storage Facility.  They should send out every once in a while.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Elate

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Okay so I've been running this and a little.. quirk, I guess you could call it, popped up early on. If you hire the hydroponic ship fleet, and then proceed to kill them all, you get back roughly 10k, and they only cost 3k, so infinite money cheat there. Honestly I kind of like it, means easy money fast, and the ability to get quite a few hydroponic ships in my fleet to offset supply consumption, but I think there should be a draw back to this.

Another thing I was thinking was, why not add Shipyards? It would solve the above problem since Hydroponic ships are otherwise really hard to find, and I can't see it being overly hard to implement (Assuming you can just use the same basis as crew training, I have no idea I don't mod.) Obviously the cost balancing would be the biggest issue, but would be nice to be able to build my own ships rather than just AI fleets.

Also could I suggest changing the transport AI? My personnel fleets have a tendency to go chasing down pirates instead of delivering my goods. In all honesty I should kill them, delays should not be tolerated.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:11:53 AM by Elate »
They mostly come at night, mostly.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Just a quick question, does it matter if we use Green/Regular/Veteran/Elite crew in the fleet HQ?

Also, I'd like to have Mining and hydroponics fleet blueprints. so they will keep spawning when they get killed.. preferably one that would try to keep 3 or 4 out and about at once.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:13:45 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile

do i need anything if i want to go mining?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

do i need anything if i want to go mining?

just 1 or more mining drones and some asteroids.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Contemplating an overhaul for next patch. Lots of stuff is not very optimal, and it could probably use it.

...Of course I've been asleep, eagerly awaiting next patch :p

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Contemplating an overhaul for next patch. Lots of stuff is not very optimal, and it could probably use it.

...Of course I've been asleep, eagerly awaiting next patch :p

you are not alone.. Cannot wait for the character development stuff :)

Also, your mod is now an essential part of my game, so anything you can do to optimize it is always welcome.
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

A few changes that will likely come with the revamped version:

-Multiple sizes of structures have been nixed. I saw little point in the process, it seemed to complicate the system in a way that really didn't make it better.

-The Atlas Fleet that deploys your Fleet HQ and your Fleet Storage no longer chases pirates. They make a straight beeline to the Lost Planet.

-Miners should also now behave the same way. They will ignore pirates and other hostiles almost completely, and continue on their merry way, for good or ill.

-Add convoys to that too, probably.

-Becoming hostile with your fleet will shut down your Fleet HQ, preventing any buildings or contracts from functioning. Any fleets you have deployed will remain, but will be hostile until you... Do something. Not quite sure what yet, possible require you to purchase a reconciliation item. Being hostile with your fleet will probably come with other consequences, like having them sack your Fleet Storage, destroy your buildings, etc. as long as you remain hostile with them. No more getting rich from beating up your employees.

-Code has been greatly optimized, making it a lot easier to add new stuff. Also considerably less code altogether. Amazing how poorly I coded the original version. (This one isn't perfect though: I did some awkward things in the HashMaps.)

-New Energy Cell Graphic. At least it's not a tiny blurry sun anymore...

I have some thoughts for skills, but I've yet to know how they'll work, or how modifiable it will be for my purposes. Here are some thoughts:

-If possible, put a limit on how many structures your center can hold. Then, add a skill that allows you to expand that and add more.

-Possibly the same skill, or another one altogether, will provide a chance per structure type to create bonus resources. Having better crew will probably also create the same effect. (Green will have no chance, Regular will have a small chance, Veteran a better chance, Elite the best chance etc.)

-Maybe a skill that allows you to get better trading prices through convoys. If there is a skill that lets you with regular stations, maybe it could be done?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Nice. :) I love the changes, now it sounds like my laptop could handle my own army of minions. >:D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

It seems I've solved the chasing, but not the running. Ah well, maybe it's good they run in a sense.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

these changes sound absolutely awesome..

I assume since you want to include skills, these changes will come out after 5.4? (or whatever version Alex comes up with next :P)
- Maurice Switzer

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile

Mining is the real way to get started for me now. there's a much smaller chance of getting blown up and having to start a new game because the respawn ships are trash when i can get income from something besides fighting.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'm not expecting Alex to be done before I'll be finished with the rewrite. I do plan on releasing this new version without waiting for the next update.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

I'm not expecting Alex to be done before I'll be finished with the rewrite. I do plan on releasing this new version without waiting for the next update.

ok, thats also awesome, your mod is now one of my essentials  :)
- Maurice Switzer
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30