Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181340 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile

Thats definitely not related to what I was talking about! In my previous posts on it, I mentioned that resources that are placed in storage of the "bugged" resource will just disappear.
well.. if you store your own bought/looted resources & you store them at "storage HQ" (or whatever's the name ) & you got some production at Fleet HQ then they need resources to keep'em going but
This is far is i know:
if you have any stations at HQ they will take resources from "Storage " BUT fleet HQ  need crew to working
(so you PUT crew in HQ [ i put necessary stuff like fuel/suplies ect. in HQ just to be sure they keep it going])

i also forgot about 1 BUG: i got ALL the stations expects MARINE SCHOOL or whatever the name BUT i still get'em at my STORAGE station, dunno how
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile

my small marine barracks dosent make marines

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Then some of your basic aviation stations are using up all your green recuits.  Either take away a basic aviation station or add a cloning station.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile

Then some of your basic aviation stations are using up all your green recuits.  Either take away a basic aviation station or add a cloning station.

There are many other things that can be causing problems.

my small marine barracks dosent make marines

What happens when you put Marines into your storage stations, then wait and day, and come back?

Marines often glitch out and the Storage station will eat a stack of them.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Well, other fleets (the patrol fleets) take them as they send out.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh, right. I'm not clear about this: They will take up to a certain number of marines with them. They DO bring them back if they live.

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile

I DONT HAVE BASIC AVIOTION TRAINING IM MAKEING 3 MARINES OUT OF THREE GREEN AND I DONT HAVE BLUE PRINTS OR TRADERS

PS DARN CAPS LOCK

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile

It (them disappearing or not being spawned in the station) can still happen with no active fleets.

Thats why (when you have a strangely low number of something that should be higher) I suggest buying a stack of the odd item, place it in the station, wait a day so it does its production cycle, and then see if the Storage station has the right amount.

I should just make a video of the glitch.

Edit: Uploading to Youtube, station is currently eating energy (and the video will be uploaded in an hour)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:09:08 PM by Brainbread »

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile

Here we are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzyNPDz6wo&feature=youtu.be

Full screen it and watch for when the energy gets highlighted.

18 Energy (+) Production.

I have 82 or so in stock in my storage. I add 96 to it (gives 178 energy), I fly around for a day, and return to storage. I suddenly have lost all the energy I had, and am back to the amount prior to adding. If I remove the energy in stock, fly around for a day and return, I suddenly have 80 more energy in my storage station, even though my production is only 18(+).

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile

i think your right im gonna test it today

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile

A moment of silence for the 400 marine who just went missing at my fleet storage

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile

A moment of silence for the 400 marine who just went missing at my fleet storage

Now if this happens to a valuable resource, you actually have unlimited stacks of it. So if your elite pilots are bugged, you can withdraw the whole stack, wait a day, withdraw another stack and repeat until you've sold 15,000 elite pilots. Now lets wait for the "Maybe your Patrol took them" when you have no fleets in production!

Also, this accounts for non-spawning fleets. As soon as the bug clears up (removing the offending resource until the station "empties' of it sometimes works?), and the station starts stacking it normally, your fleets can withdraw the proper amount to spawn.

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile

look nothing was spawning i checked

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile

Well, I hope this gets updated!

This is by far one of the most engaging mods I've ever played!

(Keep up the good work Verrius)

Soulgain

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Such an interesting mod. I cannot do anything but say keep up the good work. However I had no idea exactly where to buy the Storage Facility until I saw one of the comments on the same thing (The Fleet Center in Corvus II). I like to ask that the Original Post included what the Player should see if he/she uses this mod (That would be additional Fleet Centers at both Corvus II and Corvus V with the Storage Facility Order in the Corvus II Fleet Center).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30