Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181701 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.55, .53a) Compatibility changes
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »

Oh good lord, I just realized that's an astral without cargo crates. o.O
It looks quiet ugly without them, but nevertheless, it shall server it's purpose. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

On ship_data.csv
Code
Atlas_basecarrier,atlas_basecarrier,Orbital Base,flarelauncher,15,8000,250,4000,5000,200,45,25,5,2,3,2,8000,OMNI,45,0.5,1,,,50,100,2000,700,10,70,20,20000,506

Download *.ship file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32263294/atlas_basecarrier.ship
Download *.variant file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32263294/atlas_basecarrier.variant

Download PSD (photoshop file): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32263294/atlas_orbitalcarrier.psd

Didn't tested since i haven't got the files ofc, feel free to use this instead of a normal Atlas
Hmm, I'll probably stick with the Atlas, mainly because I don't want to add new ships unless they provide some sort of necessary feature for the mod, like the Farmstead Hydroponic Ship, or the Packer to make the the contracts a lil more profitable.

However, if you have this ship in a mod, I could easily run a check to see if your mod is enabled, then if it's true, replace the Atlas with this guy. That'd work out :)

This mod needs UI elements so badly :D. Still it's awesome.
OH GOD YES it does. If it were only possible >_<

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »

i dont see how it would "affect" and make other mods crash, as long as, its not bought-able and it has a unique id.

Oh good lord, I just realized that's an astral without cargo crates. o.O
It looks quiet ugly without them, but nevertheless, it shall server it's purpose. ;D

Sorry if its ugly tho, im not much of an artist and it can serve as a placeholder. I left the *.psd file so you can change the atlas (already without the crates) in any way you want.

PS: Its a Atlas, not a Astral  :D

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »

New update sounds sweet!

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:07 PM »

Have you made the mod spawn the storage facility itself yet, or otherwise not screw up if I happened to have a mod that removes the original storage facility?

(don't ask me why they decided to remove it)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »

Yes, you now have your OWN storage facility on an all new planet, so mods that remove the Abandoned Storage Facility should be compatible.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »

Yes, you now have your OWN storage facility on an all new planet, so mods that remove the Abandoned Storage Facility should be compatible.
Yay! from what I read about the changes this mod just went from +10 mod of awesomeness to +100 mod of the year.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2012, 12:34:34 AM »

Currently debugging the new version, which takes forever as it were.

I also just remembered that the Miners aren't going to know what to do, so I have to fix that. But after those are done, this version should be live later today!

EDIT: It turns out a lone Atlas is a brutal pain to defend.
EDIT2: It also turns out miners think they're pirate hunters.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Updated to .7. We're becoming feature complete, pretty soon there won't be much left to add.

In this update, you must now purchase your Fleet HQ and Storage Facility. Once you make the order, wait a day and an Atlas with some bodyguards will spawn to deploy the station on the Lost Planet.

Also added in this version is mining and hydroponic ships. Anyone who's seen my Trade Resources Mod example will know what this is about.
HOWEVER, in this version, any AI fleet with mining power (currently only the independents and yours) will automatically chase asteroids around until they have a full cargo, then return it to their faction's station.

This update took me all night. The new structures have not been tested, nor have the new trade convoys.

By god please tell me if something goes wrong with them! I will fix them ASAP. Unfortunately I work late tomorrow, but should anything go wrong I'll fix it as soon as I get home.

Oh, and I should mention, I forgot to add the Ore Cost to the patrol fleets. At the moment, Ore is only good for selling. That will be fixed tomorrow as well. Right now I'm bloody tired.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Oh good lord, take a break from this!  We can live without daily updates. :)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile

Oh good lord, take a break from this!  We can live without daily updates. :)

Agreed. Although I understand if you're someone who has to work during the rush of initial inspiration, keep working as hard as you like, but perhaps update every three days to a week. It's disorienting when you change a whole bunch of things every other day. Also, it's frustrating when I spend a ton of time (even with debug mode it takes a while) getting everything right, and then I see a new update and have to start over. I'm merely advising you to slow down, both for your benefit, and ours.  ;)

However, don't take this as criticism of your work. I love it, and think that your mod is bringing new life to the game as we wait for vanilla updates. Thanks for all of your hard work.  :)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Am I correct in assuming that this doesn't require the Trade Resources Mod?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

No, it's already integrated.  the trade resource mod was simply a test to see if anything would go wrong for us.

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hmm, I started a new game with the last update, no stations outside of the "Lost planet" for my fleets :(  .  Am I missing something?

(Just noted that the abandoned station is missing as well, so no storage period.)

Dropped all other mods and started a new game with just fleet control, it does appear to be the culprit.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:14:19 AM by bluntfang »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

You now must purchase your fleet stuff. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30