Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181718 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

This whole thing looks really promising! Can't say I'm a big fan of so mach extra stuff on map though (planet + many station). It could get a little bit messy with the already big number of structures in U'sC. I could, maybe, reduce the number of station on my end.
Actually I haven't found it to be that cluttered, the Fleet Centers are right next to the regular stations, so it doesn't interfere with, say the IFed for example.

That sounds nice! On a side note, is it viable to remove the extra planet if this project gets ported into U'sC? I'd really like to have only vanilla planets :D

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

If you want to integrate it directly into U'sC then your free to do whatever you like xD.

Thing is, I don't make my mods with the intent of putting them into compilations, everything I do I want to be sort of an "addon". Hence, why I've never bothered to even ask if Scrappers or Shadow Order could be included with any compilation (Omega Minimash just sort of... Added the Scrappers THEN told me. Which I'm okay with.)

I don't own the bloody code though, in fact I already told UpgradeCap he can totally take the code and morph it into Caelus, as long as I have nothing to do with it because I suck at collaborating.

So long story short, feel free to poke at the code* and use it however you like :). Add to it, change it, copy it, we're all in this game of making Starfarer better together.

Also, update incoming like now.

EDIT: I'm exhausted. You guys have no idea how much trouble it is to test this bloody thing. In fact, there are a few parts that aren't well tested at all, so if anyone notices anything funny, please please please speak up! But for now... Time for some spaghetti.

*I just have one request... If you do look at the code, don't make fun of me for my lack of organization Q_Q

The next stage:
The Storage Facility and Fleet HQ will be initially purchasable. Build your empire literally from the ground up. Immersion update really.
More additional features as they come to mind will be added here, or moved to subsequent posts.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

I think this mod really is something special. Would you be interested in implementing this into U'sC?
I certainly could xD. It'll take some time, lemme get it a lil more fleshed out first ;)

Then I got this all wrong. Nevermind, let's keep things separated (but I may link to this thread from U'sC thread, because all this looks and plays awesome).

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Sounds good :).
Mod linking is going to be a pretty big part of this mod (that's sort of my alternative to selling it to compilations) however; If there are any requests you have for it, I will certainly listen. I do hope I can add in squads and a contract for each of the factions involved.

For some reason, I really want to add in a perm contract for IFed that spawns a powerful defense fleet. I don't know why IFed, I'll have to talk to Keptin about that though, cus the way it's set up actually requires the Player's AI Fleet faction to be included with the other mod.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile

For some reason, I really want to add in a perm contract for IFed that spawns a powerful defense fleet. I don't know why IFed, I'll have to talk to Keptin about that though, cus the way it's set up actually requires the Player's AI Fleet faction to be included with the other mod.

I'm down  8)

Let me know what I'd have to do.

You guys have no idea how much trouble it is to test this bloody thing.

Not coding, perhaps, but I've been sitting here for the last two hours with Maya, Photoshop and After Effects, building a batch workflow for animating weapons.  It goes to show that nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

Only one request: bare with me. I like to drastically change my mod every now and then xD.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

You sir, are going to kill me one of these days, but so be it :p.

Of course, any issues that arise that we don't find I'm sure someone will pretty darn quick. I always like to make sure my mods are compatible with the latest and greatest compilations and mods.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile

Verrius, yours is an utterly intriguing concept for a mod. I can't wait until I have the time to plug it into craftomega's Minimash compilation (soon to be Megamash, actually) and watch the sparks fly.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Once they update it I'll be sure to link the two together as well ;).

Oh, I also forgot: U'sC Weapons currently can't be sold by the weapons trader yet. I forgot to implement that, I'll do it when I have more time.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

Dunno if this is a concern or something you can change, but the shipbuilders guild from weapons pack delivers ships to the player hq station which can be taken for free.
I will fix this in weapons pack

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

;D
UPDATE!!!
Excellent work, Verrius, I think you deserve a break. :) If you haven't updated the fleet names, I have a personalized one that has more proper ones.  Code is replaced with "Your" instead of "Your Fleet" and most fleets have their names changed.  Scout, Scout, Skirmish Fleet, Light Assault Fleet, Assault Fleet, Heavy Assault Fleet, Capital Fleet (all with "Your" in front when seen in-game).  If you want it, I can PM you the file to save you some work. ;)

Oh, and a bug from the last version, I occasionally found "Profit" chips in stations (presumably from convoys).  REMOVE THEM AT ONCE.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:20:28 AM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Wouldn't make more sense the names be based on their tech lvl too, [Lowtech/Midline] [Capital/Strike/Raiding/Assault] Contract [Team/Force/Squadron]

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Well, that's based on the faction personality, not the composition of the fleets.  Anyways, hopefully you got that last bug I posted about Verrius.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I work for an eternity today, but when I get home I'll play around with the names :p

Oh, and a bug from the last version, I occasionally found "Profit" chips in stations (presumably from convoys).  REMOVE THEM AT ONCE.
Aaaand that'll be fixed too. With the absolute termination of the bloody thing.

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile

This looks and sounds really cool. I'll give it a try, and report back with feedback.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30