Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181344 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmmm. I could change it back. I'll admit I've been having that problem too with the gigantic stacks of supplies.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Hmmm. I could change it back. I'll admit I've been having that problem too with the gigantic stacks of supplies.

You could change the stack sizes to around 2500. I did that myself :)

Also made crew more expensive (and use cargo space)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile

Also made crew more expensive (and use cargo space)
why you do such a thing? crew members are not a cargo, u dont need to storage them in a cargo hold Bcuz they at their post just to operate ship,so as for me u a little lost in that crew storage ;P
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Until you have API over the UI side of the game there's not much you can do besides this

Ive been using your mod with UC and so far no crashes, seems to be perfectly compatible, no needs for any modifications from your side

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Do your fleets actually interact with the other non-standard factions? They SHOULDN'T, but if they do I need to take a look at my code and see where I went right xD.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

If they take your standings, why not :D

EDIT: nvm.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:58:18 PM by Uomoz »

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Previous InDev stuff...
In addition to this stuff, there is now a Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon Fleet Centers that sell fleet stuff only. This is purely for organization.
There is a new planet that spawns, and has your Fleet HQ along with a new Storage that actually belongs to your fleet.
Stack sizes are going to be capped at 2500.
U'sC faction relations will be tied with your fleet.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Ah, nice.  Where's the new planet going to be located?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Just due north of the Hegemony Planet, much closer to your spawn location than Corvus I. Testing this thing is SO MUCH NICER without having to FLY OVER THE FRICKING SUN.

...Hehe. Anyway, I need some opinions.

-Adding a feature where you have to buy the Fleet HQ/Storage (probably together) before you can use them. Once you have the item in your inventory, a convoy containing an Atlas will fly to the new planet and deploy the stations, enabling the use of fleets.

-Making the structures use a large amount of cargo space, requiring you to haul them to your fleet HQ to deploy.

These features make sense from an IMMERSION standpoint, but is that worth the trouble of having to buy your Fleet HQ, and haul your structures?

EDIT 1: ...And I just watched Corvus 1 orbit THROUGH the new planet. That was funny.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Ah, love it all!  GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT! :D

EDIT:
Why does everything start with "fleet" in the game?  It always says "You fleet Assault" and doesn't finish it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:07:53 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh, because the faction is named "Your fleet" lol.

Yeah, it might be prettier if it said "Your patrol fleet" or "Your assault fleet". I'll play with some other ways to do it.

BTW: Damn this update is massive. I'm getting exhausted.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

This whole thing looks really promising! Can't say I'm a big fan of so mach extra stuff on map though (planet + many station). It could get a little bit messy with the already big number of structures in U'sC. I could, maybe, reduce the number of station on my end.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Whew, just got over a major bug, there are only a few things left for me to do and I can update.

EDIT: Currently testing the links to U's C

This whole thing looks really promising! Can't say I'm a big fan of so mach extra stuff on map though (planet + many station). It could get a little bit messy with the already big number of structures in U'sC. I could, maybe, reduce the number of station on my end.
Actually I haven't found it to be that cluttered, the Fleet Centers are right next to the regular stations, so it doesn't interfere with, say the IFed for example.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Dunno if this is a concern or something you can change, but the shipbuilders guild from weapons pack delivers ships to the player hq station which can be taken for free.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmm, weird. I'll have to see how he has it set up, I can probably fix that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30