Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181711 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Yes, they attack any fleet that's hostile towards you.  If the Lotus are hostile to you, then they will attack lotus is it seems they will win.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

BUT i saw one strange thing, i got 1 high-tech fleet aot there that was attacking only Pirates ( i dunno how about lotus) but it ignore junk pirates for sure (my fleet was bigger) & totaly no interest
so my question nowi IS: did your fleet attacks the current race that is hostile toward you or what ?
Yes, they attack any fleet that's hostile towards you.  If the Lotus are hostile to you, then they will attack lotus is it seems they will win.
The Lotus? Huh, nothing in the code should allow that yet. I need to link each modded faction individually, right now that should only be Scrappers and Shadow Order.

I do plan on adding in each faction from U's Corvus though after this update. Which should be sometime later today, I work at 3am though >_<

It's worth noting that there will be a quick update after this one enabling interaction with all the factions, but the Faction Squads will be implemented later, as that requires extra files to be in the OTHER mod as well.  

IN DEVELOPMENT: (This will be placed updated with a list of my updates. This is mostly to help ME lol
Structures. Structures will utilize a new resource called energy, as well as supplies and fuel. You will need crew in your Fleet HQ to power these facilities as well.

(Operational)
Solar Plant S: Produces 5 Energy per day.
Supply Structure S: Produces 5 Supplies per day, but requires 3 Energy and 1 Fuel to power.
Fuel Structure S: Produces 2 Fuel per day, but requires 4 Energy to power.
Cloning Facility S: Produces 3 Green Crew per day, but requires 4 Energy and 3 Supplies to power.

(Planned/Currently being added)
Solar Plant M/L/XL: Produces 10/20/40 Energy per day. Requires 25/40/60 crew per building.
Supply Structure M/L/XL: Produces 10/20/40 Supplies per day, but requires 4/5/6 Energy and 1/2/3 Fuel to power. Requires 30/50/75 crew per building.
Fuel Structure M/L/XL: Produces 4/8/16 Fuel per day, but requires 5/6/7 Energy to power. Requires 45/65/90 crew per building.
Cloning Facility M/L/XL: Produces 6/12/24 Green Crew per day, but requires 5/6/7 Energy and 3/4/5 Supplies to power. Requires 50/70/95 crew per building.
Crew Training Facility 101/102/103: Promotes x Crew per day at the cost of 5/10/20 energy. 101 promotes 3 Green to Reg, 102 2 Reg to Vet, 103 1 Vet to Elite. Requires 10/20/30 crew per building.
Barracks S/M/L/XL: Promotes 2/3/5/8 Green Crew to Marines per day at the cost of 3/5/6/10 energy and 1/1/2/3 supplies. Requires 10/20/30/40 crew per building.

Shipyard constructs: All shipyard constructs will attempt to use the highest level crewmen in your Storage Facility.

Low Tech Small Patrol: 20 Energy, 30 Supply, 10 Fuel, 25 Crew to deploy. 1 Hound, 2 Talons (+Packer)
Midline Small Patrol: 25 Energy, 30 Supply, 10 Fuel, 28 Crew to deploy. 1 Brawler, 1 Broadsword (+Packer)
High Tech Small Patrol: 30 Energy, 30 Supply, 10 Fuel, 37 Crew to deploy. 1 Wolf, 2 Wasps (+Packer)

+10 Marines if available

Low Tech Patrol: 50 Energy, 70 Supply, 20 Fuel, 142 Crew to deploy. 1 Buffalo MK.II, 1 Lasher, 2 Hounds, 4 Talons, 2 Piranha (+Packer)
Midline Patrol: 60 Energy, 70 Supply, 20 Fuel, 101 Crew to deploy. 1 Hammerhead, 1 Vigilance, 1 Brawler, 2 Broadswords (+Packer)
High Tech Patrol: 75 Energy, 70 Supply, 20 Fuel, 114 Crew to deploy. 1 Medusa, 1 Tempest, 2 Wolves, 4 Wasps (+Packer)

+20 Marines if available

Low Tech Heavy Patrol: 100 Energy, 120 Supply, 30 Fuel, 433 Crew to deploy. 1 Dominator, 1 Enforcer, 1 Buffalo MK.II, 2 Lasher, 3 Hounds, 5 Talons, 3 Piranha(+Packer)
Midline Heavy Patrol: 120 Energy, 120 Supply, 30 Fuel, 359 Crew to deploy. 1 Apogee, 1 Falcon, 1 Hammerhead, 1 Vigilance, 2 Brawler, 3 Broadswords (+Packer)
High Tech Heavy Patrol: 150 Energy, 120 Supply, 30 Fuel, 241 Crew to deploy. 1 Aurora, 2 Medusa, 2 Tempest, 2 Wolves, 5 Wasps, 2 Dagger (+Packer)

+40 Marines if available

For these patrols, I'm going to try to make it return your crew to the storage facility as well. Those numbers are approximately the minimum required to deploy those fleets.

Nothing in this section is downloadable yet, just whats available/being worked on in the Dev Version.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

Man i love this mod. I can properly be my character now, which would be a fleet of high tech frigates roflstomping everything and letting my other fleets deal with other stuff.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile

SEE soldier everything is predetermined who will they fight ;P
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Meh. -_-
Excellent work on the facilities so far, I'd love to see them.  But first, maybe you'd have to purchase the facilities before you can use them?
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

SEE soldier everything is predetermined who will they fight ;P
Well no, who they fight is determined by your relations to the other factions. There just is no code to link the modded factions relationships with you to your fleet yet.

Structures function like the squads: You buy them, take them to the fleet hq, then each day they produce. You can have as many as you like, as long as you have enough crew in your fleet hq to run them.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Soon as I activate this mod I get this shortly after starting a new campaign.

Spoiler
104602 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.vfleet_PlayerFleetControl.spawnFleet(vfleet_PlayerFleetControl.java:65)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÔÓÓ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

I am running a couple of other mods, but from what I can tell, none of would have files that interfere with this mod.

I noticed that the fleets this mod spawns don't dump the stuff into the station you spawned (Fleet HQ) they dump it into the abandoned storage facility. That might be the cause as one of my other mods removes that abandoned facility.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:30:19 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, what are the other mods your running? Does it still have the error if you ONLY run this mod? Are you starting a new game?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, what are the other mods your running? Does it still have the error if you ONLY run this mod? Are you starting a new game?
The one I think is causing the error is Starfarer Plus (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2210.0)
As it removes the abandoned Storage Facility the spawned fleets dump their things into.

Other mods I run:
Green Sun & others
Neutrino
Lotus
Scavangers
Independant Mining
Cruiser carriers.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh, that WOULD do it. Huh, I can probably fix that that checking if the Abandoned Storage Facility is missing and putting it back.

Although, maybe later it'd be better to just make a new planet and have all the stuff revolve around there, adding a Storage Facility that makes more sense. (I mean come on, that facility isn't exactly abandoned considering your entire FLEET revolves around the bloody thing.)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Oh, that WOULD do it. Huh, I can probably fix that that checking if the Abandoned Storage Facility is missing and putting it back.

Although, maybe later it'd be better to just make a new planet and have all the stuff revolve around there, adding a Storage Facility that makes more sense. (I mean come on, that facility isn't exactly abandoned considering your entire FLEET revolves around the bloody thing.)

Wouldn't it be possible to just have them dump the stuff into Fleet HQ?
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Very. The ONLY reason I use the Storage is for organization, because it would get awfully cluttered having ALL of your ship contracts, structures, AND resources there. Making a new storage unique to this mod though should be easy enough I think I'll do that :p

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Very. The ONLY reason I use the Storage is for organization, because it would get awfully cluttered having ALL of your ship contracts, structures, AND resources there. Making a new storage unique to this mod though should be easy enough I think I'll do that :p

Ahh, true, so far I've only got 2-3 different fleets at a time and only once has any of them returned anything so never noticed the cluttered bit :P
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

When I test things I make everything free. While testing the trade convoys I was deploying 11 fleets EVERY SINGLE DAY, it got cluttered so ridiculously fast by stacks upon stacks of Supplies. Not to mention the world getting cluttered.

However, that's not as much of a problem anymore now that I've raised the stack size on resources to like, a million.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

God, I hate the supply stacks in the mod right now. -_- When I want 100 supplies, I always manage to get 200-300 supplies, it's annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30