Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181369 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »

By clicking the configure button, you can "buy back" the ships you put in to the fleets. They should be remembered.

Basically, you are creating a blueprint that the spawning fleets will follow religiously. If you put ships in to a fleet configuration and they disappear, that's a bug.

Also, you need the resources in your stations main cargo. They're placed there automatically when your buildings produce, it's possible your station didn't have the resources right away. To check how many you need to a fleet configuration, hover over and read the tooltip.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »

i got this strange thing
i dunno,maybe i frag something up  :-\
i try to load my old game
Spoiler
[close]
you can see that mods are the same
but i got this
Spoiler
[close]

LOG
Spoiler
83203 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\saves\save_exeTEST_3401825665664564084...
85969 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
85969 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] with id [abandoned] not found : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] with id [abandoned] not found
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.
[close]

all i did was load another mods ( Exerelin+faction) deleing starsector.log then Load Fleet Ctrl Mod + lazy lib
i dunno mayby its a vanila thing or something 
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

i got this strange thing
i dunno,maybe i frag something up  :-\
i try to load my old game
Spoiler
[close]
you can see that mods are the same
but i got this
Spoiler
[close]

LOG
Spoiler
83203 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\saves\save_exeTEST_3401825665664564084...
85969 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
85969 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] with id [abandoned] not found : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] with id [abandoned] not found
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.readResolve() : Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.
[close]

all i did was load another mods ( Exerelin+faction) deleing starsector.log then Load Fleet Ctrl Mod + lazy lib
i dunno mayby its a vanila thing or something 

Just to clarify; I am 100% sure Exerelin will not be compatible with Fleet Control sorry :(

(if you were not doing that then I'm not sure what the issue was. 'abandoned' is a faction in Exerelin.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »

Just to clarify; I am 100% sure Exerelin will not be compatible with Fleet Control sorry :(

(if you were not doing that then I'm not sure what the issue was. 'abandoned' is a faction in Exerelin.
well 1'st i was trying your mod, then Exerelin & later i was gonna return to your mod (& my save game)
i wasnt trying to load every mod in one game :D
you can see that my only mod was F.Ctrl & lazy lib (1'st screen)
well anyway, new Game, still testing
trying to figure everything up
did the station should "Eat" crew ? i got 57 req then if my station manage to clone 57 crew that they dissapear & again, till 57 *pop* 
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2013, 04:52:42 PM »

Unless it's spawning fleets, it shouldn't be eating crew. Funnily enough, it was doing that a while ago, but I thought I fixed it. Gonna have to take another look.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »

Is this like a forever thing or will these two play nicely at some point the future? Because I think Fleet Control is just perfect for Exerelin!! It's the one thing that I don't like about Exerelin because you can't control your fleets and your attack stations make it really difficult to expand in any sort of timely or organized manner..

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »

Is this like a forever thing or will these two play nicely at some point the future? Because I think Fleet Control is just perfect for Exerelin!! It's the one thing that I don't like about Exerelin because you can't control your fleets and your attack stations make it really difficult to expand in any sort of timely or organized manner..
I personally haven't tried Exerelin, or looked at the source as it got started after I mostly stopped playing. Seeing as how big it is, I'll definitely LOOK to see if there are any compatibility issues I can fix on my end, once I'm done.

As for features that work WITH it, well, that would be out of my hands. I will make the source available though when I'm done, so if anybody does want to do anything with it, there's that.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:52 AM »

So I tested the fleet spawning ability some more. Any ships I sell to the station before i create any fleets are lost and gone forever. Any fleets I create will stay in the fleet inventory, but if i buy them back the fleet disappears. So when i hover over the fleet number it says no fleet created. I bought them from going to (I)nventory first from the top dialogue of the station. When i sold them back in the fleet 2 creation screen and pushed Esc to go back to the top dialog it showed me the cost. I had the fleet ready to go for fleet 3 and immediately made it. I pushed Esc a few times to leave the station and flew off. I came back a short time later with supplies to give the fleet spawning a boost and had a look at fleet 3 to find it was not set yet. I made mostly the same fleet again (it was basically a copy of my fleet minus a hound), and it stuck.

When the station randomly chooses a fleet to create does it remember that choice until it has enough resources? Or does it just check for enough resources then spawn it if it has them? I only ever saw my fleet 1 flying around. Fleet 2 was a tiny bit more expensive, and fleet 3 was incredibly expensive. Fleet 2 and 3 also had fighters and carriers. I cheated in a tremendous amount of money and really cranked up my station production facilities. Even after I was accumulating a surplus it didn't spawn 2 or 3. Is there a cap to the total number of fleets per station?

The crew cost displayed is also off. It said i needed 2 crew members to make the fleet but it was quite a bit more. It seemed to pull the correct amount from the station though. The fleet was a Doom 4 hounds and a buffalo MK1, and a tug.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2013, 07:48:06 AM »

I'll be testing this mod out, I'll post my findings, any bugs (glitchs, etc etc things that need help.) or balancing issues. :)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »

HI,

Crew in your station isn´t required for production purpose if i got that in your first post right.
so i have a Question/maybe upcoming issue:

What would happen if let´s say need 500 crew minimum for your factorys and have 600 stocked.
A fleet spawns which need 200 crew.

Problem would be : now only 400 left which is not enough to keep your production.

greez
Chronosfear

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »

I tested this mod, at first sight everything works normally, there are no conflicts to other mods. There was an idea, it is possible not new, it would be interesting to add Darloth's Tradewinds support, certainly if authors not against. For example, that the stations constructed by the player after the corresponding improvement could make one type of a resource from Tradewinds as they now make ore for example. Also would sell it at minimum price as the producer. The type of a resource could depend on planet type near which the station if certainly it can be realized is constructed. It could add to player's stations  economic value. I apologize for broken language it is machine translation.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »

Allright, so, i don't know if this is just me, or an issue with others, but I can't seem to get the skills to show up. I don't even have a  'ghost' button to push in the character creation, and stating a new games yields nothing as far as I'm able to tell... This is, intresting, if not annoying, I'll see what i can do to get it to work.

I run Linux Mint 14 64-bit 32-bits libs are installed... It's an issue with the mod. i think... i hope.

heres a screen shot for what i'm talking about.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:36:43 AM by Azmond »

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2013, 01:59:20 PM »

@CopperCoyote A fleet is chosen randomly each day, and the resources are checked for it that day. This might change later, we'll see. I'll look in to the crew costs, I have an idea as to why it might be doing that. As for the fleet spawns, yeah the fleets require the ship to remain in the inventory for the fleet. You can pull the ship out later, but the fleet will not spawn that ship anymore until it's put back.

@Chronosfear Fleets won't spawn unless you have the amount they need + the amount of crew your station needs. (Their is also a way to prevent trading convoys from selling resources you need as well, not that trading is in yet :p)

@Runoved I really want to add that in, or use the Price Changer, or do some sort of trading myself. The only thing that is stopping me right now is that nobody has figured out how to dynamically change the price of the most important resources: Supplies, Fuel, and Crew. I can live with crew being stuck, but it just would not make sense for supplies to not also change price with their raw materials for example. I'd rather have nothing than have half for the final release.

@Azmond There are no industry skills yet. This is being remade, those will be one of the later features before full release.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »

I got a peculiar error message. It said my mod versions didn't match, but i hadn't changed anything. When i Looked at the save in the load screen it didn't have any incompatibility warning when i hovered the cursor.

This is what the error log had to say:

Spoiler
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.getFleetPointCost(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.do.float$Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.syncIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getCargo(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.getCargo(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callR eadResolve(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:65)
   ... 70 more
115828 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [..\saves\save_CC_8171377481846033831\descriptor.xml]
[close]

I'm not even sure if this is related to the error though.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »

That's pretty helpful, I'll look into it.
And this is why we have a test version :p I was worried save-killing stuff like this would happen.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30