Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181361 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (Developing new version for .6)
« Reply #405 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »

Test version uploaded here.

I had a post here, but I moved it up to the OP. My goal with this version being released is mostly to show the patrol system, and if anyone finds any crashes.

There are most certainly bugs, and I know of a few of them.

This is by no means a finished version, just wanted to let you guys test some things. If you get a crash, let me know what you were doing and I'll try to figure it out. For more info, please read the front page.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »

any known incompatibilities?

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »

Not sure, I haven't tested with other mods. Definitely don't add it to an existing save though (This might work eventually, after the patch), and also don't expect it to carry saves over. This is a test.

Worth noting though, here are some possible instances it wouldn't work:

• A mod that changes station dialogue and uses Mod Specific priority MIGHT not work, depending on how it's done. If it were to effect EVERY station with no conditions then it almost certainly wouldn't work.
  • A mod that blanket changes cargo. Because the station stores the resources in it's regular cargo (I might make a resource specific cargo for it) this would definitely break it in some way.
  • Modded fighters I believe, could break if they don't follow the "uniqueID_fighter_Designation"/"uniqueID_fighter_wing" identification format. They all should though, because that's just proper naming conventions and we're all professionals here, right guys?

Other than that, it should be compatible with most other non-TC mods. Anything else, you never know. My goal is very much an addon. You should be able to use modded fleets, weapons, hull mods, in your patrols just fine.

EurypteriD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »

YAY to test versoin! Guess who is downloading and going nuts as soon i get off work!

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 23, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »

seems good so far, you already know about no free transfer...ummm....for the selling of fuel/cargo/energy/ore, how does that work? I have stockpiles and I have that enabled, do I have to have a patrol or anything set up?

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »

Trading doesn't work yet, only facilities and patrols. I probably should've disabled the options, but oh well.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2013, 03:17:01 AM »

A couple of things after a short time with this version:

It doesn't work with Shadowyards, but it does work with omnifactory and console commands.

The dialog tree it too long for me to see leave. The last one i can see is "Halt Operations"

In the facilities production screen it says "Build an fuel refinery" (I added the bold for emphasis)

I don't think the personnel requirements are correct. I had no people in my newly created station, and went to get them, and when i had returned it had all the resources i would have made if properly staffed.

I don't know if it was always like this, but my station wasn't free trade so i had to buy anything i wanted to use and sell anything i wanted to store.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »

problem with the station on 1024x768 resolution
Spoiler
[close]
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

EurypteriD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »

Allright been playing for about 2 hours now.

Here is the only bugs /glitches i have found.

1. When giving or taking from the station it thinks its a normal NPC station (You pay and sell to it instead of Take and give)

back into another game.. to find more!

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2013, 06:31:51 AM »

Glitch
1. Station infinite spawning. I have no clue what the hell happened, except I bought 1 station and now there's an infinite amount of stations. I abandoned that game due to lag issues.
2. Friendly fleets hate you.  My own fleets are trying to murder me. I have no clue what the hell happened.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »

A couple of things after a short time with this version:

It doesn't work with Shadowyards, but it does work with omnifactory and console commands.

The dialog tree it too long for me to see leave. The last one i can see is "Halt Operations"

In the facilities production screen it says "Build an fuel refinery" (I added the bold for emphasis)

I don't think the personnel requirements are correct. I had no people in my newly created station, and went to get them, and when i had returned it had all the resources i would have made if properly staffed.

I don't know if it was always like this, but my station wasn't free trade so i had to buy anything i wanted to use and sell anything i wanted to store.
Good to know about the top two. What I'm probably going to do is put the regular station functions in their own sub tree. I'm a bit surprised there is no scrolling, but I have a pretty big monitor so no way for me to have tested it. I'll get that typo fixed, it use to be an "oil" refinery, but then I realized that made no sense so just made it a general "fuel" refinery.

As for the other two, I believe I covered both in the OP. I know personnel requirements aren't checked yet, as well as the free trade bug. There is nothing I can do about the latter, that's on Alex's end for the next patch. The former will be fixed later.

Spoiler
[close]
Huh, that's weird. Does that happen any time you interact with your own stations on that resolution?

1. When giving or taking from the station it thinks its a normal NPC station (You pay and sell to it instead of Take and give)
Yup, covered above, and in OP. That's something I cannot fix at the moment until the next patch.

Glitch
1. Station infinite spawning. I have no clue what the hell happened, except I bought 1 station and now there's an infinite amount of stations. I abandoned that game due to lag issues.
2. Friendly fleets hate you.  My own fleets are trying to murder me. I have no clue what the hell happened.
That sounds pretty bad, does it happen every time you spawn stations? Are the fleets by default attacking you?

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
Huh, that's weird. Does that happen any time you interact with your own stations on that resolution?
Yup.
luckly i have aces to the every Base option (expect to "leave" but i can live with that )

1 more thing, how patrol option works?
do i just sell ships in the patrol menu ? becouse when i tried set my 2'nd patrol fleet all ships dissapear from there or apears in the "buy/sell" menu as in the regular station
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »

Glitch
2. Friendly fleets hate you.  My own fleets are trying to murder me. I have no clue what the hell happened.
That sounds pretty bad, does it happen every time you spawn stations? Are the fleets by default attacking you?
No, only in the spawn system.
And yea, all fleets are default attacking me.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:03 AM »

Yup.
luckly i have aces to the every Base option (expect to "leave" but i can live with that )

1 more thing, how patrol option works?
do i just sell ships in the patrol menu ? becouse when i tried set my 2'nd patrol fleet all ships dissapear from there or apears in the "buy/sell" menu as in the regular station.
Not sure what can be done about the visual display, At least it's not a problem. Will fix the cutting off of the options though. I'll just pack the regular functions together.

Alright, now for the patrol option. When you select one of the buttons, it should bring up a buying/selling dialogue. Each one should be independent of the other. So when you sell something to one of these dialogues, what it should do is keep the same stuff within each dialogue. So if you sell a Hound to the first fleet type, you should not see the Hound in the regular cargo, you should not see it in the second or third ones, but you should see it in the first one where you put it. And so on and so forth.

Note that the ships that are used for the fleets are the ones on the "Buying" side. So basically, ships that you've sold.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »

Are the different fleets remembered? Also how do I access the non fleet ships? or are they gone? (It was just a pair of tugs and i cheated in the credits so i don't really care, but y'know for future reference)

So far I haven't seen any spawn. I made all three fleets the same for now, but i think i may change it so they are identifiable. (It is an assault hound and a support hound(medium AC))

Edit:
I forgot to pause while I was typing this and a bunch of fleets spawned. I'm not sure what changed
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30