Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 167898 times)

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »

I hope the progression is not becoming thing king of the world in 10 hours like some RPGs any way if can go from lasher to onslaught by getting mining drones and playing smart then thats not good, though I might enjoy meditating over coffee as I wait for my hold fills.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:33:59 PM by robokill »

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 03, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »

Sweet looking forward to it.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »

I hope the progression is not becoming thing king of the world in 10 hours like some RPGs any way if can go from lasher to onslaught by getting mining drones and playing smart then thats not good, though I might enjoy meditating over coffee as I wait for my hold fills.

if theres any mining system i'd hope that the mining bit would be instant for the player. There's no point to keeping them waiting.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

if theres any mining system i'd hope that the mining bit would be instant for the player. There's no point to keeping them waiting.

Who knows, maybe you have to do combat with the asteroids because they'll spawn all sorts of alien monstrosities who only want to defend their home/food that you're destroying/mining. At least, the good ones should spawn alien monstrosities. I hear that Inferium is mighty tasty.

Mandabar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »

Soonish (tm). Kind of holding off on the patch notes until there's some concrete campaign stuff to mention (don't want it to just be a laundry list of relatively minor stuff, albeit a long one). Likewise, on the blog post - making good progress on the Top Secret Campaign Feature, but not quite ready to talk about it.

I love you.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2012, 06:27:12 AM »

One thing I'd like the next patch (or a subsequent one) to incorporate is for the hull mod list on the refit screen to contain mouse-over descriptions of the mods so one wouldn't have to look into the hull mod selection menu to remind oneself what they do.

Already in the dev version :)

Yeah, I somehow expected that you'd have considered things like that given your usual track record, but thought I'd mentioned it in case it was one of the fortunately rare things evading your notice.  :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »

Yeah, I somehow expected that you'd have considered things like that given your usual track record, but thought I'd mentioned it in case it was one of the fortunately rare things evading your notice.  :)

Well, the only reason I added it now was because someone else had mentioned it - so keep on mentioning things :) Good to see you back around, btw.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »

Well, the only reason I added it now was because someone else had mentioned it - so keep on mentioning things :) Good to see you back around, btw.

You actually noticed I wasn't around much? Wow, that really does surprise me!  :o

The reason for my absence was kind of simple - real life stuff combined overdosing on the game for a while, plus new versions offering "merely" refinements to the formula rather than big new things. And no, I don't mean this to disparage stuff like adding the specials to all ship hulls or the rather clever system you implemented in regards to exceeding cargo capacity, merely that the campaign mode as a whole has remained largely static. And I'm really excited to hear that's what you'll be working on next.  ;D

Also, message received; I'll keep pointing minor details like this when I notice them in case they are, indeed, one of the things you've happened to miss.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »

Ah, it's nothing you need to have an excuse for :)

I'll give you guys a hint about what's next: it involves a previously-inaccessible section of the UI in some way.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:29 AM »

I'll give you guys a hint about what's next: it involves a previously-inaccessible section of the UI in some way.
So...
it's between outposts, character, officers

HMMM
I'm going for character.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

stonehand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »

My guess is officers only thing that is greyed out. :)

edit wow how did i never see the other 2 lol

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2012, 08:21:01 AM »

AHA! I knew it!

Options: Character, Officers, Convert, Outposts!

Im really hoping for the Officers. Keep up the great work Alex!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 05, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »

Officers first!  Flesh out the more combat-related things first, just continue from there and it'll be easier. :)
And finally, that's the kind of hint I like!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:12 AM »

That hint was already given on Twitter last week :)

Alexander Mosolov ?@amosolov
To fuel some speculation: it's on one of the formerly-greyed-out tabs.

My bed is on outposts, since there is already graphics for them in the game.

Hey Alex, a question: I noticed the graphics for the tactical map are labeled "warroom", does that mean it represents the character  being in such a command room while looking at that map?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:16:45 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »

Well, that's what it's called in the tutorial.  It's basically you in your flagship commanding your fleet.  I always took it as that.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23