Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 387129 times)

Veronw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.4.5)
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »

Hello, recently started using your editor and I believe I have found a bug. I am unable to use the escape key to exit out of any of the interface options such as weapon editing or hull editing, I am stuck on those screens. I am curious if this is just on my end or if it could be an issue with the program.

Thanks

TurgotZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

Something I noticed not sure if it was mentioned already, if a variant is created with out any weapons assigned this is generated "weaponGroups": null rather than "weaponGroups": [] the null crashes Starfarer with org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["weaponGroups"] is not a JSONArray.

great tool you have created.

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »

Something I noticed not sure if it was mentioned already, if a variant is created with out any weapons assigned this is generated "weaponGroups": null rather than "weaponGroups": [] the null crashes Starfarer with org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["weaponGroups"] is not a JSONArray.

Yes, I experienced the same issue.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »

@medikohl: It's done when it's done.

@arcibalde: Thanks, I'll look into why that's happening.

@xenoargh: Just because I didn't include your suggestion in this release, doesn't mean I've ignored you xeno. It's still on the list.

@Uomoz: Good catch, I'll definitely look into keeping them better synchronized.

@Austupaio: It should be as as easy as that. I might have made a last-second change that somehow broke it, I'll look into it.

@Sendrien: I'll look into it for sure. Could have sworn I tested this, but given everything else that's gone wrong, I can't really be surprised.

@Veronw: I'll test this out, but I'm pretty sure I haven't had any issues with the escape key. I wonder what's going on there. I'll think on this and see if I can come up with a solution for you. Maybe an alternate key or something.

@TurgotZ: Thank you for the bug report, I'll include a solution for this in the next release for sure.

I'll try and get a bugfix release out ASAP, folks. Version 2.4 has been a rocky road for us, but I promise I'll get this sorted. Heck, I have to use this darned thing myself!

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »

but I want it now!

I know how that goes.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2012, 01:32:13 AM »

Actually medikohl I think it's in a state that is more solid than it was, but I still have more bugs to fix.
I can't stay awake any longer, so I'll just release this as an "alpha" version. Full bugfix release to come when I can finish it up.

Latest Changes
- fixed: variant weapon list stays open after assigning a weapon
- enhanced: in mode 1, when loading existing ship data, all other modes
  are automatically populated with data associated with the loaded hull
- feature: in mode 1, press CTRL+ALT+[N] to clear out all JSON/CSV data
- some other misc. bug fixes

ALSO: Since the 2.4 release was so terrible, I have added links to all previously released versions. It's in a spoiler tag in the original post of this thread. Basically it's insurance against this happening again; If I screw things up royally, just go back to the older one that worked better for a while.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:40:55 AM by Trylobot »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »

Actually medikohl I think it's in a state that is more solid than it was, but I still have more bugs to fix.
I can't stay awake any longer, so I'll just release this as an "alpha" version. Full bugfix release to come when I can finish it up.

Latest Changes
- fixed: variant weapon list stays open after assigning a weapon
- enhanced: in mode 1, when loading existing ship data, all other modes
  are automatically populated with data associated with the loaded hull
- feature: in mode 1, press CTRL+ALT+[N] to clear out all JSON/CSV data
- some other misc. bug fixes

ALSO: Since the 2.4 release was so terrible, I have added links to all previously released versions. It's in a spoiler tag in the original post of this thread. Basically it's insurance against this happening again; If I screw things up royally, just go back to the older one that worked better for a while.

Sweet update man, thanks
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »

Wow... I just used this editor for the first time and I am very impressed! I'm running it on Ubuntu 10.04 under wine - the only bugs are that alt-click drags screens by default (this is probs something I could change on the wine/ubuntu settings if I felt like it) so setting weapon arcs must be done in the .ship, and that it doesn't detect the starfarer game at startup. I especially love the editor for ship bounds!

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »

Wow... I just used this editor for the first time and I am very impressed! I'm running it on Ubuntu 10.04 under wine - the only bugs are that alt-click drags screens by default (this is probs something I could change on the wine/ubuntu settings if I felt like it) so setting weapon arcs must be done in the .ship, and that it doesn't detect the starfarer game at startup. I especially love the editor for ship bounds!
It's really useful, great for new people :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2012, 12:22:08 PM »

Thaago,
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are finding it helpful.

... it doesn't detect the starfarer game at startup.

I'm assuming that it pops up with a request folder dialog, you select the starfarer dir, and it fails to load it anyway? If that's the case, I may not have properly accounted for the Linux starfarer folder structure. Could you send me a listing of your files and directories from your current starfarer installation? It will help me help you and others like you (there's a pretty significant number of you running this in Wine).

If you are agreeable, please send me the output of the following command (after changing directory to wherever you've installed starfarer):

find .

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »

I'm assuming that it pops up with a request folder dialog, you select the starfarer dir, and it fails to load it anyway? If that's the case, I may not have properly accounted for the Linux starfarer folder structure. Could you send me a listing of your files and directories from your current starfarer installation? It will help me help you and others like you (there's a pretty significant number of you running this in Wine).

If you are agreeable, please send me the output of the following command (after changing directory to wherever you've installed starfarer):

find .

You are correct. I piped the output to a file, which is attached below - I hope it helps. Thanks for taking the time to make this tool, its going to make modding a lot easier for me (and a lot of other people already, I'm sure).

[attachment deleted by admin]

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »

Only one little bug that still seems persistent,

The editor now doesn't deal well with extra weapon groups / modified weapon groups on older variants, and once you've saved said corrupt .variant, you will not be able to open it back up in the editor to fix, you'll need to maunally edit said file to get it back working. A weapon group without a weapon produces the Null and this can be if a weapon group previously had a weapon but the weapon is moved into another group, the old group will still remain but with the crash inducing null.

Yes, I experienced the same issue.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »

@FlashFrozen: I'll add this workflow to my to do list and make sure that it also is fixed with the rest of the bugs related to "null" in place of "[] or {}". In version 2.4, I completely re-wrote my JSON library from scratch, so I'm surprised there aren't more bugs actually.

In the meantime, I recommend you switch back to version 2.3. It's in the spoiler tag on the original post, and it doesn't have this same issue.

The editor now doesn't deal well with extra weapon groups / modified weapon groups on older variants, and once you've saved said corrupt .variant, you will not be able to open it back up in the editor to fix, you'll need to maunally edit said file to get it back working. A weapon group without a weapon produces the Null and this can be if a weapon group previously had a weapon but the weapon is moved into another group, the old group will still remain but with the crash inducing null.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »

Oh it's fine, I like the additional functionality, and nothing a bit of notepad++ won't fix  ;D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »

Ahhh, seems like the weapon group editor in the variant just got broke again xD

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44