Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 387162 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.4.5)
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

Where's the OS X download for Wine?
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »

I'll BOOTCAMP. It's small enough.

Or Parallels, or whatever. Any of those emulators should get the ship editor running, too.

Wine is a finicky thing to get working just right. For me it doesn't work.

As I'm nearly certain you're attempting to do so via Linux, I'm doubly sorry to hear that. All of us non-Windows folks have our respective crosses to bear. FWIW, I have no experience of Linux but I'm glad it's out there as an option.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

As I'm nearly certain you're attempting to do so via Linux, I'm doubly sorry to hear that. All of us non-Windows folks have our respective crosses to bear. FWIW, I have no experience of Linux but I'm glad it's out there as an option.
I've always wanted to try Linux and Ubuntu. Is it possible to partition the hard disk for an install of one of those, and then boot them up by holding alt as you turn on?
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

I've always wanted to try Linux and Ubuntu. Is it possible to partition the hard disk for an install of one of those, and then boot them up by holding alt as you turn on?

I don't see why a multi-boot setup wouldn't work on a Mac. I haven't personally tried it, though, so be governed accordingly. Google around before you do anything hasty.

Having to do a complete restart is rather a time-suck, though; especially when you've got a strong workflow going and you suddenly need something from the Windows side of the line. The frequency of that would put me into full-time rage mode.

BTW that was one of the major attractions which led me to buy Parallels -- realtime switching between OS's without reboot. And its Coherence mode absolutely rocks.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »

There was a way to test Linux without the need to even install it, you can run Ubuntu as an operating system from CD. I think it was called a Live CD. Not all Linux distro's have it, Ubuntu does.

If you already have a Windows version installed you can add a Linux install to it, multiple actually, as long as you have the disk space for it. Linux usually comes for a boot-loader program that allows you to pick which operating system to run at startup, you can switch as much as you want.

I don't know anything about Mac's, other then that they are in fact a version of Linux underneath it all.

EDIT: Parallels looks a lot like a Virtual Desktop, are they related by any chance?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:37:28 PM by Vandala »

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »

There was a way to test Linux without the need to even install it, you can run Ubuntu as an operating system from CD. I think it was called a Live CD. Not all Linux distro's have it, Ubuntu does.

If you already have a Windows version installed you can add a Linux install to it, multiple actually, as long as you have the disk space for it. Linux usually comes for a boot-loader program that allows you to pick which operating system to run at startup, you can switch as much as you want.

I don't know anything about Mac's, other then that they are in fact a version of Linux underneath it all.

EDIT: Parallels looks a lot like a Virtual Desktop, are they related by any chance?
Interesting... then it'll be a super dooper bootcamp.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

Latest Changes
  the entities on-screen at once.
- weapon slots: weapon slots are now assigned names with zero-padded numbers
  so that they can be sorted more easily

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »

Interesting sidenote: it can be quite amusing (and satisfying) to watch all the coordinates change if you press F2 to preview the raw data as you drag  8)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2012, 01:57:20 AM »

I think this is a bug, but if you hold down the shift to place a new weapon, and then, the instant before you place it down using left-click, it'll crash. Don't know how often this can reproduced, though.

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2012, 05:34:46 AM »

Did you accidentally a word? :P I assume you meant that it crashes if you let go of shift the moment before clicking.
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2012, 06:04:18 AM »

I assume you meant that it crashes if you let go of shift the moment before clicking.

That's exactly what i meant.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2012, 06:09:19 AM »

Uh-ra, 2.2 is out! ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »

Couple of announcements:

1. I will be making a tutorial video for my editor, narrated by me. A lot of new folks have been messaging me asking me how to use my editor, and I think it has reached a level of complexity where the side bar help and context help are no longer sufficient.

2. I will be starting work on a weapons editor.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

2. I will be starting work on a weapons editor.

w00t! :D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »

Double woot! I can finally make some multi barrelled monstrosity without the headaches!

Only thing that I can think of for improving now how the zoom function works, since it works kinda strangely atm,

When you want to zoom in on a part it'll always scale up the whole image and it tends to slide the camera back towards the center of the sprite instead of enlarging your current view's centerpoint.
Kinda similar to the problem the refit screen has

Bah Idk, maybe supreme commander has just spoiled me with zooming goodness :P

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44