Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 387189 times)

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.4.5)
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »

Sure Astro. A good idea for a feature, and ridiculously easy to put in. I'll make sure it gets in the next release.

Thanks, mate -- very kind of you! ;D I'll stay tuned here for future developments.

I'm relieved to hear it's not a hassle for you to implement my requested additions. Since I'm attempting to work on someone else's hull file which was spec'd with close to 30 engine glows and well over 100 bounds-polygon points, your affirmative reply is sincerely welcome. I'm sure that the additional functionality will help other modders as well.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »

Archduke, what kind of ship are you building exactly?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »

I think it's Omega  8)
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

Archduke, what kind of ship are you building exactly?

I think it's Omega  8)

[zen calm] I can neither confirm, deny, answer or refute such speculations at this time. [/zen calm]

I am, however, discovering that making a functional carrier flight deck is a real pain in the neck. :-\ First time I've ever attempted such. I know that launch-bay support is a brand-new feature in Trylobot's hull editor, but the implementation is less than intuitive for me. I keep going around in circles and am still unsure of the required workflow.

And the lack of a single (not spread through a dozen threads) conclusive, step-by-step tutorial for launch-bay creation on this modding forum just makes things worse.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

really? I just hit L and then shift+clicking until I have enough landing bays, lol
might also be why it doesn't matter where I click since they all land in the middle of the ship regardless

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »

really? I just hit L and then shift+clicking until I have enough landing bays, lol
might also be why it doesn't matter where I click since they all land in the middle of the ship regardless

Not really.  I've had a whole bunch of different spots on a ship and they all land in the appropriate positions.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2012, 03:12:22 AM »

So i am trying to see within the ship editor as to how to change the type of mount, such as energy to ballistic, Missile and from turrets to hardpoints etc, Any tips? and what do i need to do to make the ship be able to be incorporated into a mod?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »

You need to be in the first edit mode (hull-mode, I think) and then in weapon edit mode ('W', I think).

Hover the mouse nearby to a turret / hardpoint and then press 'T' (I think :D) for the string-edit option.

This then brings you in to the edit dialog for that point. It SHOULD be pretty straightforward from there (clue: use the arrow keys :))

To make the ship incorporated in to a mod, you just save it out (press 'V') whilst in Hull-mode, then make a variant and save that out, than edit the CSV data and save that out. Make sure the directory structure and basic files for where these files are is in keeping with the standard structure as posted by Alex in his examples (or just follow any of the others) and you should be laughing.

You'll need to actually make the ship appear in either a mission or the campaign, which involves a bit more java editing, but we can cross that bridge in more detail when it comes to it if you are struggling.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »

You need to be in the first edit mode (hull-mode, I think) and then in weapon edit mode ('W', I think).

Hover the mouse nearby to a turret / hardpoint and then press 'T' (I think :D) for the string-edit option.

This then brings you in to the edit dialog for that point. It SHOULD be pretty straightforward from there (clue: use the arrow keys :))

To make the ship incorporated in to a mod, you just save it out (press 'V') whilst in Hull-mode, then make a variant and save that out, than edit the CSV data and save that out. Make sure the directory structure and basic files for where these files are is in keeping with the standard structure as posted by Alex in his examples (or just follow any of the others) and you should be laughing.

You'll need to actually make the ship appear in either a mission or the campaign, which involves a bit more java editing, but we can cross that bridge in more detail when it comes to it if you are struggling.
Great advice, we need to incorporate this into an official thread, Like a "Noobs guide to modding!"
Lesson 1:
Spriting -
Etc, Anyone up for it?
- Albert Einstein

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »

Started the thread guys, if you have any helpful information for it, please pm me, I'd gladly hear it :D
- Albert Einstein

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2012, 07:34:10 AM »

Dammit. Not OS X compatible.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »

Err, Trylobot, are you still adding things to this editor?  You said that you would add the option to make weapons editing (I don't expect that to come anytime soon), but I'm just wondering. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »

Fellow Mac user here. You clearly didn't read the first post of this thread very closely. :P

I've been using CrossOver for more than three years to run various Windows games through a VM. It also runs Trylobot's ship-editor program perfectly.

The program was formerly known as CrossOver Games, and it has Wine as its core. Older versions of CrossOver Games will also do the trick; I use v10.2, the latest is v11, which is also now known just as CrossOver.

I specifically mentioned to Trylobot ages ago that the Wine method works, which is why it's mentioned right at the top of his first post -- so that Mac users don't erroneously assume that they've been left out in the cold. 8)

Or run Wine directly, if that's your preference. Regardless, enjoy this editor - go forth and mod.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »

Fellow Mac user here. You clearly didn't read the first post of this thread very closely. :P

I've been using CrossOver for more than three years to run various Windows games through a VM. It also runs Trylobot's ship-editor program perfectly.

The program was formerly known as CrossOver Games, and it has Wine as its core. Older versions of CrossOver Games will also do the trick; I use v10.2, the latest is v11, which is also now known just as CrossOver.

I specifically mentioned to Trylobot ages ago that the Wine method works, which is why it's mentioned right at the top of his first post -- so that Mac users don't erroneously assume that they've been left out in the cold. 8)

Or run Wine directly, if that's your preference. Regardless, enjoy this editor - go forth and mod.
I'll BOOTCAMP. It's small enough.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »

Wine is a finicky thing to get working just right. For me it doesn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44