Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 387226 times)

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.6.2)
« Reply #585 on: September 22, 2015, 04:18:03 AM »

Happens sometimes because the mod paths in the settings get corrupted: open sf-ship-ed-settings.json and either remove or correct the paths to your mod. Often it's written like
Code
"data_dir": "C:\\Starsector\\mods\\YourMod\\data\\hulls\\",
and must be changed to
Code
"data_dir": "C:/Starsector/mods/YourMod/data/hulls/",

This was my problem. May be this.

Requal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2015, 05:36:25 AM »

Happens sometimes because the mod paths in the settings get corrupted: open sf-ship-ed-settings.json and either remove or correct the paths to your mod. Often it's written like
Code
"data_dir": "C:\\Starsector\\mods\\YourMod\\data\\hulls\\",
and must be changed to
Code
"data_dir": "C:/Starsector/mods/YourMod/data/hulls/",

This was my problem. May be this.

Don't know if this was a reply to me but I tried it anyway and it didn't work.
And shouldn't the / be \ ?

Anyway the errors are gone and the Exception_Acces_Violation also.
But now when I double click the editor nothing happens.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:36:45 AM by Requal »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »

I need to fork out $80 for BlitzMax, yes?

No, there's a free version of BlitzMax that is fully-functional (it is open source now) and will compile the editor fully. All you have to do is download it from here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Products/_index_.php

And then checkout my git repository from here: https://github.com/Trylobot/sf-ship-ed

I will review any incoming pull requests and update the releases page as necessary if they improve the editor.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »

Great, I'll see if I can hack at this sometime, seeking out the weird recursion-crash issues with bad path filenames and a couple of other things. 

My free time is severely limited ATM but perhaps I can get back to this stuff :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 20, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »

Is this .7 compatible now that ships come with a sensor profile + emergency burn?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:03 PM »

Not even a little bit, but I'll be starting work on understanding all the changes with the latest Starsector version this weekend. After that I'll be updating Nomads and this editor at the same time, because I believe that combination will keep me upbeat and motivated! As well as probably spending some nice long hours and quality time with Starsector again :)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »

That's terrific news! Glad to have you back.

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »

Excellent, that sounds great. The return of the nomads and a working ship editor.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #593 on: November 21, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »

Ship Editor Announcement:

You can now report issues with the editor here: https://github.com/Trylobot/sf-ship-ed/issues

I will be using the GitHub issues system as a bug tracker and a to-do list for the editor starting now. It's currently empty, but I'll be putting all of my planned work into it, and prioritizing it. If you use the system to make suggestions instead of purely bugs, keep them realistic and I might consider them. I'm currently in discovery and catch-up mode, to refresh my memory of the code and compile a list of changes that need to be made for full compatibility with Starsector v0.7a RC1. I'll also be going through the changelogs from Alex to help the process.

This should, also, hopefully make my work on the editor a little more transparent to you all as well!

- T

Update: version 2.6.3 is up https://github.com/Trylobot/sf-ship-ed/releases/tag/2.6.3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:39:08 AM by Trylobot »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.6.3)
« Reply #594 on: November 24, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »

I wanted to use the issue tracker, but you need a log-in to do so and I don't like the idea of Signing up just for 3 reports. I'll do it there if you don't mind:

- Mods path get sometimes corrupted: "EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION" when the paths change from "C:/Starsector/mods/yourMightyMod/" to "C:\\Starsector\\mods\\yourMightyMod/"

- When editing the ship_data.CSV, the graph show the existing values for all ships, it would probably be more useful to only have the data from the ships of the same size. That would certainly help in avoiding the most common balance mistakes.

- And if possible, it would be really really really great to have the possibility to display the deco weapons when placing them. They require more precision than conventional weapons and mods relies more and more on them to make interesting effects.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 24, 2015, 01:59:46 AM »

Good to have you back Trylo.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »

Same here, Trylobot. I think that your ship editor is the single most important modding contribution to this game. 8)
So many faction mods would likely have never existed without it. Im happy youve chosen to resume working on SF Edit.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:43 AM »

I guess I could write a brief tutorial on that.  It's not too complicated, but there are a lot of options to look at, etc.
More tutorials are always good.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 24, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »

Yeah without this piece of software I would've never got into modding, Thanks for this experience man!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:46:33 AM by spoortje1 »

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 19, 2015, 10:52:16 AM »

Don't know if this has been reported before but the hybrid weapon mounts don't work right.
When you want to assign a weapon to such a mount in the variant editor the list will be empty and won't show ballistic/energy weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44