Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 386620 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)
« Reply #645 on: April 18, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »

I hear that.  I've had various bits of code sitting here for a year or more... but I don't want to release and then have it broken by 0.91, lol.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2019, 02:17:27 PM »

This build's looking pretty nice!  I see that "loading Variant doesn't load Hull" is still not quite there; ah well, I've put up with that for five years, lol.

One question, though; it's unclear how to add / subtract Wings in that dialog.  What's the hotkey?

Oops, and!

I don't appear to be able to exit the Wings dialogue; I have to re-enter via Ship --> Variant editing; the dialog comes up, but hitting ESC doesn't close it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:21:38 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2019, 07:52:16 PM »

One question, though; it's unclear how to add / subtract Wings in that dialog.  What's the hotkey?

Oops, and!

I don't appear to be able to exit the Wings dialogue; I have to re-enter via Ship --> Variant editing; the dialog comes up, but hitting ESC doesn't close it.

I’m pretty sure the hotkey’s enter and backspace. I’m also having the same problem with the wings tab, though it isn’t that big of a deal.

Something i’d like to have as a feature, is a hotkey to send you back to the middle of the ship. Scrolling too quickly usually sends me away from the ship, forcing me to save and reload the editor. Either that or an option to “anchor” the scrolling to the middle of the ship instead of going forwards/backwards.
<Nada>

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2019, 11:32:14 PM »

+1; or at least a "reset view to defaults".  I've had that happen in the middle of a long editing session and, doh... save and hope for the best, lol!
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 07, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »

OK, I took a quick look at the code.  Bear with me, I know zero about BlitzMax.  I think I've finally tracked down why the order of Hull Mods isn't alpha-by-name-field, like it should be.

If I'm reading the code correctly, the list is sorting by Ordinance Point costs.

Can you please fix this?  Weapons, Hull Mods, Systems all should be in alpha-by-name-field order; it'd make the editing workflow a lot better; searching for something by name is much more natural than by OP value.  I'd fix it myself, but frankly, I don't understand BlitzMax's syntax very well yet; this appears to be what I found, though.

Probably the very best way to deal with this is to sort that data when it's imported; then everything that touches it doesn't have to do anything to it and it's already in the order desired.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Limitless

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 06, 2019, 01:49:17 PM »

Does this work for the latest version of starsector?

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2020, 03:54:16 AM »

Happens sometimes because the mod paths in the settings get corrupted: open sf-ship-ed-settings.json and either remove or correct the paths to your mod. Often it's written like
Code
"data_dir": "C:\\Starsector\\mods\\YourMod\\data\\hulls\\",
and must be changed to
Code
"data_dir": "C:/Starsector/mods/YourMod/data/hulls/",

This was my problem. May be this.

I get exception acess violation bug when I try to edit weapon.csv file. Also I couldn't find the sf-ship-ed-settings.json file.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:01:30 AM by Üstad »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 03, 2021, 06:35:18 AM »

Does this work for the latest version of starsector?
Something seems to be messing up the list for in-built hull mods, but otherwise it appears to work as well as ever.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 31, 2021, 08:44:41 PM »

Is there a full walkthrough for this somewhere? I want to make a ship start to finish. I have my sprite and I can figure some things out like hit box and weapon mounts but it gets a big complicated and I think the resolution is off or something because when I’m typing in values for the ship things don’t line up it’s weird and I can’t seem to fix it. THANKS!

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 11, 2022, 05:12:12 PM »

I can't seem to find a "how to" for the weapons part of this. I can't seem to open existing mod .wpn files. I'm a bit lost!

Anexgohan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 04, 2022, 06:44:43 PM »

Any help for finding Help on Weapons making specifically Missiles would be very helpful for me and those looking for some help. Any helpful person please help out with some help on finding help to help making weapons.

Thanaks for any help
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]