Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Custom Paintjob and Sprite commissions  (Read 5826 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Custom Paintjob and Sprite commissions
« on: August 29, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

EDIT: Life has gotten really quite busy for me so I can't really do commission stuff anymore, sorry. Leaving this up just for posterity.

Since I've been recently asked on multiple occasions about this, I'll make a proper forum post for it. I also asked Alex if it'd be fine and he agreed as long as this remains strictly a service for commission.

I'm primarily offering a service to do custom paintjobs for Starsector ships on commission. This includes all vanilla ships and any ships from my own mods.
Should you wish for a custom paintjob on another modder's ship, please get permission from them first. I won't work on ships from other mods without express permission and other modders should be capable of handling similar commissions for their own ships.

This is also strictly offered as a service and what you do with the finished sprites is purely up for you.
Any finished sprites also retain their copyright, so the same license restrictions apply as for the original sprite.

I also reserve the right to decline commission requests as I see fit.

What I'm offering is (roughly as it ultimately depends on individual effort):
Frigates/Destroyers - 10€
Cruisers/Capitals - 15€
Overly complex ships/designs and supercapitals - 20€+ (depending on base ship)

Here's a gallery of examples for some ship skins I made:

Spoiler

[close]

If you are interested in this service, feel free to reply here, via PM or on discord under Nia#6230

Additionally, I am also available for commissioned sprite work on a limited scale (one ship at a time, whenever I have the time to spare for it). Feel free to inquire about it. No fixed prices. Can really be anything from a frigate to a capital ship sprite. Only real restriction is how much time I have available for it and if I feel confident I can deliver on a request. Just please no supercapitals. That stuff would take many many hours to make and you probably aren't willing to pay me upwards of 300€ for something like that, even if I had the time for something on that scale.

Addendum:

If you are looking for a custom paintjob for one of Tartiflette's mods, please go to him directly. He will take commissions at the same rate, but with the stipulation that any finished skins will be bundled with future updates of his mods for everyone to use.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 03:29:26 AM by Nia Tahl »
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Kreldin Foxclaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [SERVICE] Custom Paintjobs on Commission
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »

Not really something I make enough money to justify being able to afford, but I think it's a fantastic idea all the same. Especially after how good of a job you've done with Sylphon R&D. (Which, just getting into the game, is definately my favourite faction. Especially with how much fun the Rakia is as a flagship. Never expected to like a phase-ship more than a well shielded titan, but glad to be wrong.)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

I'm really iffy of someone profiteering off of other modders work when they can do the same and could use the money themselves. Thus if you want a skin for Scy Nation, ORA, Diable Avionics or any other of my mods, you can ask me directly. Same rates, only difference is that any custom skin will be packaged with their respective mod for everyone to use.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »

Reworded the post for clarity. Skins for other modders' ships are meant to be done in case of express permission of the author if they don't want to do it themselves.

edit: Additionally I will inform all the modders that I can of this service with the intent to turn this into a compilation of which modders are willing to offer this service themselves.
If you are a modder and would like to take part in this, send me a message and I'll add you to the main post.
Also, if you want to blanket-deny or -approve skins for one of your mods, please feel free to also contact me and I'll add lists for mods that are unavailable/always available

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:31:45 PM by Nia Tahl »
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »

Hm... I'll admit, I have been contemplating some ideas that could work well with custom skins; things like "How would I convert a Sunder into a missile destroyer?"

I'll have to think about it a bit more before committing to buying something, but this is definitely a neat service to have available; thank you for offering it.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SERVICE] Custom Paintjob and Sprite commissions
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 12:13:25 PM »

You said paint jobs AND sprites? What are your prices for spires? Or am I misunderstanding?

Zdubfreelancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [SERVICE] Custom Paintjob and Sprite commissions
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 10:32:02 PM »

Would you be able to skin the Virtuous Wanzer and the space station from diable? and I have a very odd request ,as I do not know what permissions or what it would involve....but could you edit the the dassault mikoyan engineering fleet carrier into the diable motif? give it some mecha feels and such? and put it into the diable roster? also looking for cooler diable(ish) capitol haulers and fuel tankers. I would be willing to throw some dolla dolla bills....because i am a firm supporter of the diable style in this game.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Custom Paintjob and Sprite commissions
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 05:34:13 AM »

It says “no longer available” not sure if we both missed that or it was recently updated?