Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Restock Mod - 2.6. Tested with .6a  (Read 77982 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Restock Mod - 2.1. Tested with .54.1a
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »

I've a question, how difficult would it be fore me to dictate what stations actually get restocked?
I'm trying to play this with the Modular Fleet mod and I believe the restocking is messing up some of the mechanics

Particularly player-ordered supply fleets intended to supply ship upgrades and construction components.
I think it was also giving the player access to the Modular Fleets nemesis faction the Cylon's weaponry

It should be pretty easy to change what stations get supplies - you can check the station names and only actually restock those you want.

Unfortunately the weaponry is slightly harder. Currently the mod uses a convenience function that simply gets every weapon in the game, rather than set lists. It wouldn't be hard to do a rewrite it so that it only checked specific weapons, but it would be a bit tedious (you'd need a list of all the weapons you did want restocked).

I don't have the code in front of me, but I'll update this with an example for the stations. :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 07:40:06 AM »

I compiled those lists for all factions ;).

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »

I've a question, how difficult would it be fore me to dictate what stations actually get restocked?
I'm trying to play this with the Modular Fleet mod and I believe the restocking is messing up some of the mechanics

Particularly player-ordered supply fleets intended to supply ship upgrades and construction components.
I think it was also giving the player access to the Modular Fleets nemesis faction the Cylon's weaponry

It should be pretty easy to change what stations get supplies - you can check the station names and only actually restock those you want.

Unfortunately the weaponry is slightly harder. Currently the mod uses a convenience function that simply gets every weapon in the game, rather than set lists. It wouldn't be hard to do a rewrite it so that it only checked specific weapons, but it would be a bit tedious (you'd need a list of all the weapons you did want restocked).

I don't have the code in front of me, but I'll update this with an example for the stations. :)

I don't mind it restocking stations, but it's specific stations, but if I understand you correctly, that's the easy part to change, the problem is limiting faction specific weaponry right?

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2013, 08:21:33 AM »

The UsC version of this seems to cause crashes with UsC versions 17.x. Gonna try 2.1

2.1 Doesn't crash it but doesn't seem to do anything either.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:55:24 PM by Jeff »

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2013, 06:35:19 AM »

Hello,
are you planning on updating this mod to work with 0.6?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »

I am planning on doing an update, but it may take me several days. I just got back to a computer and want to play a bit (tomorrow, not today) before I dive into the new API.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2013, 01:18:09 PM »

Ah no rush....i can wait... ;) I wish i could do it myself but i know nothing about modding SC.....or well i can change some values but that doesnt count, does it? :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Restock Mod - 2.6. Tested with .6a
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2013, 07:28:39 AM »

As promised, here is the updated mod. See OP for details and download link. I'll probably do a maintenance update when .6.1a bufix comes out.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »

Thanks a lot this is the only mod i use  ;D
Btw if you wish i can upload the file onto my Dropbox so its easier to download

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »

I'm glad you like it :). Thanks for the hosting offer but this is only temporary - the mod is only 4kb so once things get cleaned up with attachments I'll just post it like I used to on the OP.

Sidie Hawkton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »

Am I the only one who's not able to repair at a station when using this mod?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »

Errrr let me test. It shouldn't change that! Are you hostile with that station's faction?

HFCS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »

Ended up getting a FPS slowdown (down to 13fps) in the campaign map after using this mod for around a day or so.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »

Huh... well thats weird! Is this the only active mod?

Oh, wait! Theres a bug currently in .6 where one of the startup methods gets called when it shouldn't! It could be that you have like 40 copies of the restock script going... Let me put in a sanity checking mechanism.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2013, 09:41:25 PM »

OP updated with new download. I fixed a bug that was causing the script to run too often and also added a sanity check that limits the copies of the script to 1. Let me know if you still get lag!

I have no idea if you need to restart the game for these to be effective :/. Sorry!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7