Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Restock Mod - 2.6. Tested with .6a  (Read 77955 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Restock Mod - Bugfix update
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »

Looking at the Ironclad mod, I see that it is total conversion, so no other mods can be activated at the same time (kind of a downside of TC mods atm). Try posting on the thread there asking for more weapon drops? If Okim wants to use the code for this mod he is welcome to it, but its up to him. :)

master1742

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

Tried to install mod... unpacked folder into mods directory, booted game up, played for about 30 days ingame time and nothing restocked, theres no instructions or anything that come with the download, I assume just unpack it directly to mod directory yes? I even tried removing the first folder and putting the second folder into it... nothing, i then dragged contents to mod folder, nothing... anyone mind helping me out here?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »

Tried to install mod... unpacked folder into mods directory, booted game up, played for about 30 days ingame time and nothing restocked, theres no instructions or anything that come with the download, I assume just unpack it directly to mod directory yes? I even tried removing the first folder and putting the second folder into it... nothing, i then dragged contents to mod folder, nothing... anyone mind helping me out here?

Did you remember to activate the mod? Click the word "Mods..." between the Fractal Softworks and LWJGL logos in the launcher, then make sure this mod has a checkmark next to its name.

Edit: Also, if you're confused about which folder should go into the mod directory: mod_info.json should be in the root of the mod folder (so in this case, it would be at "Starfarer/mods/Restock/mod_info.json").
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:25:26 PM by LazyWizard »

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »

your mod worked great but then i hit a strange bug...
weapon groups on my ship keep getting reset at least it happens on my Wolf and Hyperion....
i have no reason why and it doesnt happen in vanilla game
any idea what could cause this?

EDIT: in fact ive just noticed the game swapped out one of my TAC lasers from Hyperion and put in AM Blaster instead....really strange
im not using any other mod either
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:50:47 PM by DJ Die »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »

O_O Huh, that is a weird one. Anyone else seeing that?

There is nothing in the mod that should do that - the only bit that has to do with weapons is:
Code
private void restockWeapons(CargoAPI sCargo){
List allWeapons = Global.getSector().getAllWeaponIds();

for (int i=0; i<allWeapons.size(); i++){
if (sCargo.getNumWeapons((String) allWeapons.get(i)) == 0){
sCargo.addWeapons((String) allWeapons.get(i), 4);
}
}

}

Posted just in case there is some piece of Java shenanigans that makes that leave leftover object ID's or something lying around when called.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »

yeah i dont know what could cause it because im not using any of the preset packages either.....ill try to do some more testing with other ships and some new games to see if i can reproduce it

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »

ok sorry its not the mod it seems its in vanilla game as well ??? its ok for Onslaught and some other ships but it does havoc with weapon groups on Hyperion....my current vanilla doesnt have Wolf so i cant be sure but it seems the problem will be there as well....

Ravelair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »

Any one knows what's happening with this mod? It seems very useful but it's not working with the newest version of the game... nothing gets re-stocked.

Kommodore Krieg

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »

Thank you for this.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »

Any one knows what's happening with this mod? It seems very useful but it's not working with the newest version of the game... nothing gets re-stocked.

Did you start this with a new game? It won't work if activated in the middle of a game. :) If you did and its still not working, did it raise any errors?

Thank you for this.

You're very welcome!

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:04 AM »

So how do I get this mod to support Uomoz's Corvus? You mentioned I need to change a file somewhere. Do I need experience with coding/modding in order to do that?

Awesome mod by the way! I hate only being able to find ONE Hammerhead a game.

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »

Is this supposed to happen? I went to Hegemony Station at the very beginning of a new game and they had QUITE the selection of weapons.

This is just a small fraction of what was actually there. I think it might be 4 of every weapon but I'm not sure.
They have weapons they shouldn't have too like the Antediluvian weapons, which are mod weapons, and high-end stuff like Tachyon Lances too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:14:55 AM by EvilWaffleThing »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »

So how do I get this mod to support Uomoz's Corvus? You mentioned I need to change a file somewhere. Do I need experience with coding/modding in order to do that?

Awesome mod by the way! I hate only being able to find ONE Hammerhead a game.
Thanks! That was one of the reasons I made it :D.

Does Uomoz's Corvus have the 3 base stations (with the same names)? If that is the case then all you need to do is go into data/scripts/world/corvus/RestockSpawnPoint.java and scroll to the bottom. There will be 6 lists - ships/fighters for each station. Add whatever variants you want.

If Uomoz's Corvus has other stations... then its a little bit harder - in fact I should probably shuffle the code around a bit so that its easier to mod. I might release a 'mod friendly' version thats easier to do...

Is this supposed to happen? I went to Hegemony Station at the very beginning of a new game and they had QUITE the selection of weapons.

This is just a small fraction of what was actually there. I think it might be 4 of every weapon but I'm not sure.
They have weapons they shouldn't have too like the Antediluvian weapons, which are mod weapons, and high-end stuff like Tachyon Lances too.

Yup! While the ships have to be specified individually, the getAllWeaponIds() function lets the mod grab every possible weapon at once, including those from other mods. It can be a huge list...

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »

New optional version: Restock-mf. Is much more friendly to being modified to work with other mods. See first post for more information. It will also work with vanilla, but now supplies all ships/wings to all stations, rather than separating the TT/Heg/Pirates.

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 05:29:54 AM »

New optional version: Restock-mf. Is much more friendly to being modified to work with other mods. See first post for more information. It will also work with vanilla, but now supplies all ships/wings to all stations, rather than separating the TT/Heg/Pirates.
So would this add all the ships to the mod-added stations as well?
I'm pretty sure all the default stations in Uomoz's Corvus are named the same but there are a handful of others added by the mod.

[edit] Nevermind, I am silly goose, read the OP and am a better person now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:55:07 AM by EvilWaffleThing »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7