Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Soldier's Orbital Station  (Read 27435 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
The Soldier's Orbital Station
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »

Cleaned up some stuff; out of date and not really relevant anymore.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:40:21 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
Re: The Soldier's Orbital Station
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

The fighters are neat but some of them are way too well armed.
x2 Vulcan Cannon, x1 Harpoon (Single), x1 IR Pulse Laser, x1 Cluster Bomb
That's better than many frigates.

I find the Lightning Assault Wing rather cool.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »

Many good looking ships you have made  :D. And I really like the look of the claymore bombers.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:37:27 AM »

You mean we.. (I) could order weapons here?  :o

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 06:39:22 AM »

More or less, I'll add that today.  Give me the sprite, the specifics of the weapon, and I can do it.  More info when I add it up top.

And the Claymore Fighter-Bomber was my first kitbash.  And probably my best. ;D And if you didn't notice, it's not armed with Swarmed missiles, so it's more vulnerable interceptors than most other fighters.  I'd like to tone it down a little myself, but I like to keep to the original.

EDIT:
The Claymore has a Sabot (Single) instead of a harpoon in the original.  Changed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:57:05 AM by The Soldier »
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »

i belive you might have to change something on the Arrowhead-class ship, i can clearly see the lines between the two parts....

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »

It's hard doing stuff like that.  I don't own photoshop to do anything like that, and with paint.NET, it's tough.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:12 AM »

It's hard doing stuff like that.  I don't own photoshop to do anything like that, and with paint.NET, it's tough.

i know i use paint.net too but you can download gimp for free and try and use the tools there to try and change it.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »

Ok, if I could make a wish - for quite some time I was thinking I needed a weapon, that falls somewhere between the Pulse laser(too little damage) and Heavy Blaster(good damage - too much flux) to fit it on my ships. So I designed this -

I would like it to be like this - Energy weapon, with Heavy Autocannon firing animation/style, Projectile should be something like IR Pulse laser/Pulse laser, but same color as the Heavy blaster(or if not possible have smaller Heavy balster projetiles scaled for this weapon) ? :D

I dont know, what the exact values should be - that I would tinker myself - should be harder hitting than the Pulse laser(like a much) but also not too much + should have same flux as... I dunno the Heavy autocannon?

I was gonna try and make the weapon myself, but as with all things - I dont have time, I either make sprites or learn to do new stuff - if you could put it together or tell me, what else do you need (like the hardpoint version- I would need advise how to adjust the sprite for that) please let me know - or if Im being too demanding - sorry in advance :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 09:06:51 AM »

Erm, no need to quote yourself over.  But anyway, I can take care of it.  Nothing is too whacky that I can't make. ;D
Is there a hardpoint/turret sprite for it?  I'll use that sprite for both, there's no problem with that.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 09:15:20 AM »

Erm, no need to quote yourself over.  But anyway, I can take care of it.  Nothing is too whacky that I can't make. ;D
Is there a hardpoint/turret sprite for it?  I'll use that sprite for both, there's no problem with that.
Oh yeah, we need the polarion lance done for the Caelus Tholian Directive ;)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »

Working on it. ;D

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »

omg. sorry I have no idea how that happened, removed that double post. Well, thats what I wanned to ask for advice - what is the "rule" in making the hardpoint version - I can make it in addition. From what I can see - just make the original sprite "narrower and longer" ?.

Thnx for the help! :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »

More or less. ;D

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »

More or less. ;D

Gimme a minute then  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4