Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115558 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.7
« Reply #1185 on: May 22, 2018, 11:17:02 AM »

So, I'm playing with SRA (with the AI improvement mod, note sure if it matters) but once thing I've noticed is a bug where Wraith Drone Fighters will simply circle a target without firing. Looking at the code, I suspect the issue is the very tiny 0/5 degree firing arc on its forward cannon, meaning it can't actually aim its guns at objects it's circling. Or even objects slightly off-center.

Could you maybe consider expanding their firing arcs a bit more so they won't get stuck like that?
What AI mod and by whom if I may ask?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 22, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »

You can join the unofficial discord server where we can help you quickly
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0
And to help you: AI Overhaul by Xenoargh is incompatible with many mods. If you want to use it, use it on vanilla game.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:39:18 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »

So, I'm playing with SRA (with the AI improvement mod, note sure if it matters) but once thing I've noticed is a bug where Wraith Drone Fighters will simply circle a target without firing. Looking at the code, I suspect the issue is the very tiny 0/5 degree firing arc on its forward cannon, meaning it can't actually aim its guns at objects it's circling. Or even objects slightly off-center.

Could you maybe consider expanding their firing arcs a bit more so they won't get stuck like that?

It's very, very likely a side effect of the AI mod, which I'm guessing is Xeno's unless someone's started a different version that I haven't heard of; the Wraiths work perfectly well with the vanilla AI, shooting beams and flak everywhere as they ought. For a number of reasons I'm not going to bother trying to design my mod around Xenoargh's work, not least of which is it kinda tends to break other mods.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 01, 2018, 10:17:52 AM »

It's very, very likely a side effect of the AI mod, which I'm guessing is Xeno's unless someone's started a different version that I haven't heard of; the Wraiths work perfectly well with the vanilla AI, shooting beams and flak everywhere as they ought. For a number of reasons I'm not going to bother trying to design my mod around Xenoargh's work, not least of which is it kinda tends to break other mods.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you completely support his mod or anything. I was just suggesting it (the increasing of very narrow firing arcs on drones) because I thought it was a way to make your mod more compatible with others, that would take both minimal effort (modifying a single number per drone) and not disrupt gameplay balance. Anyway, if the suggestion was too much work for you to implement in Shadowyards itself, hopefully this post will at least instruct others on how they can attempt to mod Shadowyards to fix the issue in their own games.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 01, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you completely support his mod or anything. I was just suggesting it (the increasing of very narrow firing arcs on drones) because I thought it was a way to make your mod more compatible with others, that would take both minimal effort (modifying a single number per drone) and not disrupt gameplay balance. Anyway, if the suggestion was too much work for you to implement in Shadowyards itself, hopefully this post will at least instruct others on how they can attempt to mod Shadowyards to fix the issue in their own games.
Well, no, for me, MShadowy have reason, this is the job of the creator of AI Overhaul to fix a bug than he have created (who do not exist on vanilla) ^^
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 02, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »

While you're right that this would be a trivial change to make, I'm not going to do it. First off it sets a precedent that I've no interest in setting--that being the expectation that I'll adjust my mod to accommodate Xenoarghs mods. Secondly, and more importantly, Xenoargh does not respect the work of other modders; he regularly breaks mod compatibility and functionality, does rebalance passes of mods without respect to the creators, and in general is kind of annoying. Also it's his mod that's breaking it; he should fix it.

So this is pretty much a mix of being a kind of a principle kind of thing and also, admittedly, not liking the guy and in no way wanting to support his work. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:56:43 PM by MShadowy »

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 06, 2018, 07:55:10 AM »

Thats like the mechanic breaking the car and asking you to fix it.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 21, 2018, 02:10:08 AM »

The issues with very narrow fire-arcs has been addressed in the next build of the AI mod, which will be available pretty soon.  Thank Snrasha for bringing this to my attention :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 07, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »

Chaingang CPC   list flux at 20 per second...surely this is a bug or oversite?:)

ClassicAngus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 29, 2018, 09:47:42 AM »

Not sure if this is a known issue but i noticed the Inanna frigate doesnt work well with the AI. It doesnt seem to want to engage anything, even when given the eliminate order it just kind of doesnt know what to do.
Vanilla AI
I think it might have something to do with the broadside mounts?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 14, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »

Chaingang CPC   list flux at 20 per second...surely this is a bug or oversite?:)

The Chaingang is, without exaggeration, four Light CEPC's strapped together, and as such has identical flux usage per shot; granted four of them strapped together does seem generally more effective than even four separate LCEPC's and is definitely more useful offensively, so a flux cost increase may be warranted.

Not sure if this is a known issue but i noticed the Inanna frigate doesnt work well with the AI. It doesnt seem to want to engage anything, even when given the eliminate order it just kind of doesnt know what to do.
Vanilla AI
I think it might have something to do with the broadside mounts?

The Broadside AI is pretty finicky, but the Inanna has generally been working well to my experience. I'll give it a closer look when I'm able.

Blaine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 05, 2018, 07:07:28 AM »

I just want to say that I love these ships. Their visual design is right up my alley.

I have no idea what's going on atop their hulls when I look at them, since they're camo-organic (camorganic, there's a portmanteau for you), but that isn't important.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 17, 2018, 03:48:32 PM »

Well, I'm on the verge of releasing a compatibility update for the mod, but there are a couple problems; one minor that I could sort of ignore and one that makes releasing pointless.

The one that could be ignored is the random mission setup I've been using is busted, so it doesn't generate fleets to fight. This is annoying. I could never quite wrap my head around the FleetFactory so I dunno what to do about it.

The second and far more serious problem is that the factions ship blueprints are not showing up. Like, at all. None of the SRA fleets have SRA ships, though they do have their fighters and some of their weapons. The Pirate variants do show up, so it's adding the pirate_bp tag successfully, but not the one set up for the Yardies. It is not clear why this is so, though it seems that other modders are suffering from this problem as well. In any case, this is just a heads up. Once this problem is solved a compatibility update will be released.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 17, 2018, 08:26:10 PM »

Would be cool to have a barebones download anyways even with the issues in the mean time :3 Honestly wouldnt be a problem since I assume we can still buy the ships anyway

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 17, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »

Yyyyeeeaaaahhh, that's... kind of an issue. The faction can't use the bp packages for whatever reason. So no SRA ships show up. Like, at all. Anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107