Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115525 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2c
« Reply #1155 on: December 06, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »

Actually I downloaded notepad++ (haven't had it since my last computer) and it works just fine. Anyways, thanks for the help, much appreciated.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2c
« Reply #1156 on: December 06, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »

@Delta7 I'd strongly recommend you use a proper spreadsheet program, like Excel or LibreOffice. Seriously, once you look at a CSV file in one of those you'll be wondering how you ever managed to not bleed from your ears trying to fiddle with them in a plain text editor.  8)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.3
« Reply #1157 on: December 09, 2017, 04:10:49 PM »

Okie dokie, Shadowyards 0.6.3 is ready for release; this time we've added the Minarette-class missile destroyer.

So many missiles!

=download 0.6.3=

We also have a pretty decent number of fixes and (thanks to MesoTroniks help) have substantially filled out the SRA's roster of sound effects. The full changelog is below.

0.6.3 Changelog

• Wraith refit time increased to 6 seconds (from 4) and Crawler beam dps reduced to 70 (from 85) and impact reduced to 15 (from 50)
  • Reduced Deva and Murti beam sweep offset to 5° (from 10°)
  • Reduced armor bonus and increased Health bonus of League Refit
    • Armor values are now Frigates: 30, Destroyers: 100, Cruiser: 200, Capital: 400 (from 50, 200, 500, 1000)
    • Health values are now FF: 100, DD: 200, CV: 400, BB: 800 (from 25, 100, 250, 500)
  • Lambent Fuel capacity reduced to 450 (from 600), Crew required increased to 8 (from 2), supplies/month and supplies/rec increased to 6 (from 2)
  • Fixed a bug in the Clades retro drive AI which would cause a crash when the ship was fitted with a Shield Bypass
  • Adjusted the SWACS system visual effects
  • Added the Minarette-class missile destroyer
    • 3 Medium Missile mounts, a missile autoforge... more than enough to explode anything that moves (twirls spoaceship)
  • Shamash's Phase Mass Projector range increased to 600 (from 500) and bug causing a damage overflow issue was resolved
  • Added the no flux hullmod to all SRA fighters
  • Neriad primary weapon arc broadened to 40° (from 5°)
  • Improved system graphics for the rings around Yajna
  • Anar now has bunches of Nebulae all over the place, oh no! Also got around to properly removing Berins Stash
  • Weapons sounds for the Urumi, Trishula, Splinter, Black Cap and Barrago have now been added (credit to MesoTroniks for his help)

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope you like the release.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:36:40 PM by MShadowy »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.3
« Reply #1158 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »

Honestly, the tournament is like Christmas for SS modding.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.3a
« Reply #1159 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:22 PM »

Indeed. And on that note!

A quick bugfix update with some bonus graphics fixins is ready! Shadowyards 0.6.3a is now available.

0.6.3a Changelog

• Fixed the Vardr's inexplicable and terrible default variants
    • How the hell did I manage this?
  • Fixed a typo in the Murti and Deva files which were causing the beams to occasionally glitch out
  • Fixed some strange issues with the descriptions messing up for some of the ship systems
  • Updated the graphics for the old missile launchers; the Shrike, Black Cap, Tusk and Splinter launchers are now all up to spec

Enjoy!

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 12, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »

• How the hell did I manage this?
    [/li][/list]
    Brute force and stubbornness? ;) Thx for the update. Downloading it now.
    Hi. I exist. Bye.

MShadowy

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1161 on: December 12, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »

It was more a question of how did I make them so bad initially, haha.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1162 on: December 13, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »

It was more a question of how did I make them so bad initially, haha.
    Uh...lack of sleep + laziness? (CEPC BULLET SPAM IS AWESOME)
    Hi. I exist. Bye.

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1163 on: December 30, 2017, 01:02:18 AM »

Not sure if this is intentional or not but the Shadowyards phase ships have different built in hull mods to vanilla ships; they all share the delicate machinery hull mod that speeds up CR degradation after peak time but vanilla ships have the phase field hull mod that negates sensor profile which Shadowyard ships don't have and Shadowyard ships have the high maintenance mod (increased monthly supply cost) that vanilla ships don't.

Delta7

• Commander
    • forum idiot
      • View Profile
      • my personal DA account
    « Reply #1164 on: December 31, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

Curious, how can I make a specific weapon fighter exclusive, or undo the fighter exclusivity, as well as causing that weapon to spawn for sale at markets?
    warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

AxleMC131

• Admiral
    • Amateur World-Builder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1165 on: December 31, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »

Curious, how can I make a specific weapon fighter exclusive, or undo the fighter exclusivity, as well as causing that weapon to spawn for sale at markets?

Add the "SYSTEM" tag in the csv file. That'll stop it being accessed by the player in refit screen, and also stop it spawning in markets, but if you've got it equipped on a fighter they can still use it.

Same thing with built-in weapons for ships, though in that case you tend to also want the "SHOW_IN_CODEX" tag, as by default SYSTEM weapons won't appear in the codex.

As for "how to undo fighter exclusivity", just remove the SYSTEM tag again.

In general, mods with a weapon available both on ships in one form and fighters in another form will have two instances of the weapon (say "weapon" and "weapon_fighter"), one of which will be the usual weapon and the other will possibly have adjusted stats and the SYSTEM tag.

For reference, check the Swarmer SRM Launcher and fighter-variant in the stock game files.

MShadowy

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.4
    « Reply #1166 on: January 07, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »

Shadowyards 0.6.4 is now ready for release! This one adds quite a bit, maybe it could have jumped up more versions, haha.

=download Shadowyards 0.6.4=

The new style Polarizers and the Shikome in action

0.6.4 Changelog

• Added derelict gates to Gigas and Yajna; Gigas' has been partly disassembeled by the SRA for research purposes
    • Further fixed Yajna's rings (I totally forgot about the ones dividing the system)
    • Implemented an improved version of the TAG system AI (tongo assisted)
    • Added the Anu-class Shuttle and the Cetus-class Freighter
      • Both fitted with Siren flares
    • Added the Skolopendra-class Phase Cruiser (an extensively modified Cetus)
      • Decently fast but has miserable acceleration
      • Comes with the Ammofeeder system
    • Added the Shikome-class Elite Fighter
    • The Southpaws shield efficiency has been improved to 0.9 (from 1.15)
    • The Potnia-bis basic stats have been modestly improved
      • Hitpoints to 3000 (from 2500), Armor to 350 (from 300), flux to 7000 (from 6000), dissipation to 300 (from 250)
    • The Ashnans "Loader" Drones have been renamed to being "Stevedore" drones
    • Improved the Mimir's Nidhoggr Lance weapon
      • Now applies even ticks of damage (20% of the shot base damage) at regular intervals
      • Added a sanity check that adjusts the shots damage downward as it penetrates through a ship
      • The weapon no longer autocharges, so the AI should hopefully waste less shots
      • Generally improved visual effects
    • Polarizers now function as a kind of EMP flak; their damage, emp, fire rate and flux usage has been adjusted considerably
      • Polarizer: 50 damage/shot, 500 emp/shot, 60 flux/shot, chargeup of 0.15 and cooldown of 0.6 (from 150, 800, 1000, 0.35, 5)
      • Heavy Polarizer: 150 damage/shot, 1500 emp/shot, 200 flux/shot, chargeup 0f 0.25 and cooldown of 0.75 (from 800, 4000, 2500, 0.35, 8)
    • Finally remembered to set up the Vardr's engine section correctly
    • New Explosion sound effects for SRA ships

Have fun, all!

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
    • Special Circumstances LCU
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.4
    « Reply #1167 on: January 09, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »

Aww Yiss, a new phase ship!

MShadowy

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.4a
    « Reply #1168 on: January 13, 2018, 07:21:10 AM »

Just a quick bugfix release, Shadowyards 0.6.4a is ready for download!

0.6.4a Changelog

• Did a balance pass on the small Polarizer
      • AoE radius reduced to 25 (from 75), EMP amount reduced to 400 (from 500), range reduced to 500 (from 700)
    • Fixed a CTD bug that occurs when fighting Templars with the Polarizers
    • Rewrote the Polarizer descriptions to make their AoE nature more clear
    • Added the misisng Shikome ships system description

Edit: A showstopper CTD slipped past me; the release has been reuploaded with this fixed. If you've downloaded the mod before this edit you should probably download it again.

Edit Again: I guess there may be some weird edge case null error that can happen against the Templar IBB; I don't have time to fix it now so if it comes up you'll have to disable the plugins in /data/config/settings.json; the plugins to disable would be "SmallEMPFlak" and "HeavyEMPFlak"
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:11:43 AM by MShadowy »

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
    • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.4a
    « Reply #1169 on: January 15, 2018, 01:22:37 PM »

I love the new Polarizer so much that I use it for PD on every single ship with small energy slots. I put it on Shadowyards ships, DME ships, vanilla ships, Diable ships, basically everything that can mount it. I love it mainly because it's an AoE PD weapon in a small energy slot, but also because it role-compresses EMP assault and PD capabilities. And that is also why I think it's still very overpowered post-nerf. No other weapon in the game does either of these, and the Polarizer does both.

One of low-tech's major strengths is their powerful AoE PD weapons. The medium ballistic Flak and Dual Flak are some of the most powerful PD weapons in the vanilla game, second only to the Devastator, and remain among the best PD weaponry even in a heavily modded game. They tear through missiles and lightly protected fighters alike, offering low-tech ships a way to combat missile and fighter spam. High-tech PD is, in contrast, more easily overwhelmed by numbers but better able to remove relatively hard targets. Burst PD's titular burst punches through armor surprisingly well, being able to quickly defeat fighter-grade and even frigate-grade(!) armor, as well as being able to easily remove high-HP missiles such as Reapers.

As a thought experiment, imagine switching the characteristics of high-tech(energy) and low-tech(ballistic) PD. Low-tech would become very vulnerable to being worn down by missile and fighter spam, as they cannot depend on their low-efficiency low-angle shields and armor does not regenerate. An Onslaught that isn't wrapped in Dual Flak is just bait for Claws, Daggers, Harpoons and Reapers. High-tech, on the other hand, would have a dual-layered defense; not only are their wide-angle high-efficiency shields able to absorb lots of HE missiles from many angles, they would boast the ability to shoot down waves of missiles before they ever touch the shields. High-tech flux stats can also more easily accommodate the increased constant flux generation of Flak-style PD, and would not suffer from the soft-flux locking that can occur when heavily pressuring low-tech PD. Fighters that used to be able to pressure high-tech ships through numbers and PD-distractions, like the Broadsword or Talon, are easily shot down by Flak-style PD and thus no longer threaten high-tech ships.

The latter half of this thought experiment is what I have found the Polarizer to do. It takes one of low-tech's important strengths, and allows high-tech to use it to cover one of high-tech's important weaknesses. The concept itself is not unsalvageably unbalanced, but the Polarizer's numbers would have to be poor in order to cover for that very powerful conceptual strength. The Polarizer's numbers are not poor; in fact, they're exceedingly high for a small energy PD weapon. On top of that, the Polarizer also functions very well as an EMP assault weapon.

The Polarizer fires 80 times a minute, and deals 50 Energy and 400 EMP. This is a total of 533.33 EMP DPS and 66.66 Energy DPS. IIRC the amount of EMP damage you need to neuter a missile is the same as it's HP, so a Polarizer is slightly better than a Vulcan for single-target missile removal. Let me repeat that: the Polarizer, a small energy weapon, is slightly better than the Vulcan, the gold standard for small ballistic PD, for single target missile removal. The Polarizer also has significantly more range than the Vulcan, as well as dealing AoE damage.

The Dual Flak deals 450 Frag DPS at 150 damage a shot, dealing full damage within a 15 radius AoE and reduced damage out to a 30 range AoE. The Polarizer deals 533 EMP DPS at 400 damage a shot and has a 25 AoE radius, dealing full damage with 18 radius. That's almost the same. The Polarizer also has 100 more range than the Dual Flak. The Polarizer is about as powerful a PD weapon as the Dual Flak, perhaps more powerful; the Dual Flak is a medium ballistic weapon that costs 12 OP and uses 152 flux/second, the Polarizer is a small energy weapon that costs 6 OP and uses 90 flux/second.

The single downside is that the Polarizer is prone to overkill. It will keep firing at a missile that is EMP'd out until the missile is destroyed by the energy damage. The weapon's AoE and large per-shot damage makes this less of a downside than you'd think; unless missiles are incoming from multiple angles at the same time, a single Polarizer will generally be able to get them all thanks to the AoE.

For comparison, the vanilla standard for small energy PD is around 75 single-target DPS with varying levels of flux efficiency; PD lasers deal 75 DPS, LRPD deals 50 DPS but has much better range, Burst PD deals 214 burst DPS but 64 sustained DPS in chunks of 128 per-shot damage. This very low DPS compared to ballistic PD is because high-tech shields are so much more efficient than low-tech shields; high-tech doesn't need to stop nearly as many missiles with PD because the shields can easily take the hit.

Dealing with fighters, however, is where the Polarizer really begins to shine. Being a mostly EMP weapon, it does not quickly destroy fighters. It does flame out their engines and send them spinning, rendered completely harmless. A flamed out fighter is effectively dead; either it'll be destroyed by shots it can no longer dodge, or it'll just be completely useless until its engines get fixed. Most importantly, EMP damage does not care about armor or hull, only shields. All unshielded fighters, be they as bulky as a Warthog or as fragile as a Talon, are equally vulnerable to the Polarizer. Extremely bulky fighters can be EMP'd out for very long periods of time while the Polarizer works away at their hull; they're dead as soon as the first shot hits, but the refit time is effectively extended by as long as it takes the Polarizer's pitiful 50 DPS to actually destroy them.

On top of being an extremely good PD weapon, the Polarizer has enough range and EMP DPS to function as an EMP assault weapon. 533 DPS isn't the Ion Cannon's 800, but it's still quite good, and given that you can replace all your PD with it you're likely to have more Polarizers than you would Ion Cannons. The choice between 1 Ion Cannon + 1 Burst PD or 2 Polarizers isn't really that much of a choice.

What all this means in practice is that Polarizers go in every small energy turret on every ship. The stock pulse laser Wolf has 2 PD lasers and 1 Ion Cannon in the smalls, all those get replaced with Polarizers. Medusas and Auroras get wrapped in 5 Polarizers, one in every small turret. You can replace every single PD weapon and Ion Cannon on every single variant with a Polarizer and it'll immediately preform better. Why wouldn't you put them on everything? Try wrapping a Vardr in Polarizers. Between the shield and the dozen Dual Flak's worth of PD, missiles and fighters might as well not exist.

If the Polarizer is to remain as a PD weapon, it needs to lose most of its damage, range, or AoE. If it keeps the damage and the range, it can't have appreciable AoE because then it's a Dual Flak in a small slot. If it keeps the range and the AoE, it has to have anti-missile DPS closer to vanilla energy PD; so maybe 25 energy and 75 EMP per shot. If it keeps the AoE and the damage, it has to go down to about 250 range so it can't be used as an assault weapon outside of SO ships. Or, it could lose the PD aspect by default and require IPDAI to shoot at missiles; it'd still very much be worth using.
    Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107