Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115468 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2c
« Reply #1140 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »

Also, when it happens to do an aggressive decloak, it often destroys itself with its own Phasegun AOE.

This has more to do with the crippled sensors d-mod. Any shamash that has that ends up blowing themselves up, as they're anyways too close to the enemy.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 16, 2017, 03:51:06 AM »

I was given one as a starting frigate when I started a new game, so no d-mods there. It uses the Overload layout (the one with two Polarizers and a CEPC) but I've noticed the same thing happen with different guns.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 16, 2017, 10:15:43 AM »

Having the weapon pips show where the beams start would be great.
Another idea would be to do the reverse: Start out as a single beam that spreads out. Easier to aim and you can still do decent damage but it still spreads out the damage
i think having the beams cross each other looks a lot cooler, but i agree it would be nice to have some kind of indicator of where they start.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 20, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »

two short pieces of feedback:

1) Neriads seem to be barely firing their gun at other fighters at all (tested vs Broadswords), making them pretty useless as interceptors. i think that has two reasons: their extremely narrow firing arc means they can't really lead targets without turning the whole fighter with pinpoint accuracy, and their unwillingness to drop shields to dissipate hard flux means they'll just become unable to use the gun once they're close to max flux.

i gave them a good firing arc (60° for testing, but 30 or so would probably be enough) and the flux-free weapons hullmod that all shielded vanilla fighters have, and they work quite well now, about as well as i would expect from a 4 OP interceptor.

2) i LOVE the new Shamash! i'm scared about letting the AI handle it due to the potential to kill itself through its own AOE, but it's super fun to pilot myself. very effective when used correctly and when the right opportunities present themselves, but still reliant on allies to distract larger targets, and quickly shut down when i'm getting too careless.

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 21, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »

This is my first time posting, so sorry if any of this is already known, but:
1. The 2 OP, reloading version of the Blackcap Rotary Launcher is available for purchase, despite being a fighter only weapon. The game won't let you equip or purchase it from the Refit screen though.
2. Berins Stash is still appearing in Anar. It won't show up in the system preview or the planets list, and you can't do anything besides leave once you land there.

Also, I'm having a hard time getting the Vardr to use Wavepulse Cannons properly. Since the AI refuses to put them on autofire, the only way I can get it to fire those and its built-in CEPCs at the same time is to put them in the same weapon group. This usually ends up with it firing its built-ins at empty space though.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:57:29 PM by atreg »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 22, 2017, 03:35:42 AM »

Just a quick remark: Scatter CEPC needs to be far, far more flux efficient to justify itself as it has:
  • bad flux efficiency
  • extremely poor range
  • too long of a time between shots
  • slow projectile speed (compared to heavy blaster/burst beams)
  • can't deliver it's full damage potential under AI due to shot falloff
  • can't penetrate armor in any capacity due to poor per-shot damage
  • not good against unarmored targets compared to flak weapons

More feedback:
  • Tartarus AI seems to be shy to use siege mode even when under heavy damage to its shields
  • Barrago missles shoot the sabot only at very specific range oftentimes just accelerating and hitting the enemy shields before, if they worked a little more aggressively like sabots the missiles would be much more useful.  
  • Shamash under AI control without a fault always kills itself, the ship should restrict firing the main weapon under minimum range.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:18:11 PM by Bastion.Systems »

Ithoqua

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 02, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »

First, let me say I like the style of the ships and the fact that they're shield centric defensively. I've found a couple of things, one was definitely a bug and the other might be an oversight or might be intentional, I'm not sure.

First thing I noticed is that the Skadi is the only military ship variant that has a shield that does NOT have the Harmonic Shield Conduits built in hull mod.

The second thing is a bug in the AI for the RETRO drive. I noticed this in the Clade. If you install shield bypass and let AI pilot it crashes with a pretty obvious error. I fixed the script in my version which I'll share. You were trying to check if the shield was on or off without checking if the ship had a shield in the first place. This is how I fixed it in my copy;

boolean shield_on = false;
if (ship.getShield() != null) shield_on = ship.getShield().isOn();

if (!nearbyThreats.isEmpty() && shield_on && fluxer.getCurrFlux() >= fluxer.getMaxFlux() * 0.8f && incoming >= fluxer.getMaxFlux() * 0.2f || !nearbyThreats.isEmpty() && !shield_on && incoming >= (ship.getHitpoints() * 0.25f ) || ship.getAIFlags().hasFlag(ShipwideAIFlags.AIFlags.RUN_QUICKLY) &&  !AIUtils.getNearbyEnemies(ship, RANGE_TO_CHECK).isEmpty() && clear == true)
{
    shouldUseSystem = true;
}

I'm sure you could solve this issue in other ways. This is just one suggestion.

TheSpruceMoose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 24, 2017, 01:16:33 AM »

As a new convert to Star Sector, thank you, MShadowy, for an awesome mod. It's one of my definite favs, along with Dassault-Mikoyan. Faction plays very differently, has unique feeling ships and weapons, and is fairly balanced compared to vanilla factions.

Can we get a big round of applause for the Mimir? I just stuff it with vents and a flux dissipator, drop in a tachyon lance and two Uhlan siege lasers, and an integrated targeting unit and go shieldless while my flux blows up to maximum. It's fun trying to manage the insane flux buildup, but you can destroy enemies at range, find a break to vent, then either Nidhoggr lance some fool, overloading him for your fleet, or lock drive forward to catch a frigate or destroyer unawares. I think it's one of my favorite capital ships to fly.

Narwhal Torpedo Launchers are also pretty damn nice. Not quite the knockout punch of a Reaper, but versatile for taking out both small ships and putting the hurt on larger ones.

In my current playthrough I'm Dassault-Mikoyan allied with Shadowyards. I play the Mimir against heavy capital fleets, then switch to Kormoran or Snow Goose for chasing. The Mimir's actually pretty good at catching runners though.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »

I think this is a good idea to put the Lambent the civilian hullmod. Some mod have hullmod who reduce per two the maintenance supply  but have the same bad effect than safety override, the hullmod cannot be install on civilian ship.  This is the Skeleton Crew of ship/weapon pack.

Thank you.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 30, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »

I was just poking around in the files a bit, and noticed the Storm Blaster had the PD_ALSO tag without PD, which means it won't operate as PD at all (you need both tags).

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 02, 2017, 04:15:37 PM »

Aight, I'll have to fix that oversight with the Storm Blaster and the Clade retro drive AI bug. Oops.

As for the Lambent getting the civilian hull mod, I'd probably drop it's fuel capacity instead if it came down to it. The Lambent is a replenishment craft, so it's a naval auxiliary craft meant to operate in support of combat units.

Also, thanks Spruce =)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #1151 on: December 05, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »

For some reason that I cannot fathom, making any edits to the weapon data file in your mod causes my game to crash. This bugs (heh) me since I am quite fond of switching around damage types, ammunition count, ect. for ship systems, weapons, ect. in both the vanilla game and various mods i have downloaded.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 05, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

For some reason that I cannot fathom, making any edits to the weapon data file in your mod causes my game to crash. This bugs (heh) me since I am quite fond of switching around damage types, ammunition count, ect. for ship systems, weapons, ect. in both the vanilla game and various mods i have downloaded.

Might be something to do with what program you're using to edit files and how you're doing it. Certain programs automatically adjust CSV files and such when you save through them, thereby causing them to become unreadable by the game.

What have you been using to edit CSV files?

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #1153 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »

notepad :P
not even notepad++, just notepad. and it works fine with all of the other mods.

edit: actually, that might be the case... i tried making an edit, undoing that edit so it's identical to the original and saving it anyways... game crash. what program should i try?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:12:53 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »

So far I use WordPad for modding and get no problem.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 107