Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115378 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1a
« Reply #1080 on: May 07, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »

Alright, it looks like it was related to the STRIKE tag in the weapons hints.  The Torpedoes are now being fired at the correct range, with some variance with the bombers getting more aggressively close.

At this point I'll start considering the Raksasha's general loadout, and decide whether or not to change it.

Burlap

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1a
« Reply #1081 on: May 07, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »

Awesome, I'm excited to plug this in and start a second save game!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.1
« Reply #1082 on: May 08, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »

Shadowyards 0.6.1.1 Released; this is primarily just a balance pass and some bugfixing.

=download=

0.6.1.1 Changelog

• Fixed some minor problems in the faction files
  • Removed the Spaceport condition from markets which also have an Orbital Station--specifically Euripides and Mantra
  • Somehow the Minos' material, normal, and surface maps had not gotten included; this is now fixed
  • Replaced the sprite for the Mimir's Lock drive overlay which I somehow forgot
  • Polarizer chargedown reduced to 5 seconds (from 8 )
  • Fixed an issue with the Raksasha which was causing it to launch it's torpedoes at point blank range
  • Raksasha loadout redone; one Tusk Torpedo removed, OP cost reduced to 25 (from 28), Base Price reduced to 13,000 (from 15,000)
    • Also slightly revised the sprite
  • Tusk damage reduced to 2000 (from 2500) doing 400 per bomblet (from 500)
  • Tusk Rack OP decreased to 6 (from 7)
  • Fixed a glitch in the Morningstars system AI which was preventing it from using its system
  • Did some refinement work for the REIS system AI; it should be less pointlessly trigger happy now
  • Reduced ratio of Yardie Pirate to standard pirates to try and make them not so dominant in the spawn lists
  • Added more d-mods to the following SRA pirate ships:
    • Clade P; added Glitched Sensor Array
    • Shamash P; added Phase Coil Instability and Compromised Hull

The next release will probably be mainly focused on refining ship system AI's where necessary and updating the SRA's lore entries to bring up quality standards, remove obsolete references and generally clean things up and make them punchier.  Also (urgh) revisiting the generally archaic missions and fixing them up.

Afterwards there will lilely be a push to release another batch of weapons and some utility craft.

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 10, 2017, 03:14:14 PM »

This mod is great! Thanks for all the hard work you've put into it.

I have to say I have underestimated Mimir's power in the past, but I have tried it this play-through and it is great. My new favorite capital. No more pesky frigates and destroyers kiting out of the way! That ship is a fast and deadly killer  ;D

Zenobious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 10, 2017, 07:38:12 PM »

I'm not entirely sure I like the new paint scheme. Conceptually, I think it's more interesting than the previous scheme, and I actually prefer the darker shades of green... but the striping seems to obscure the fine details of the hull beneath because it has a kind of dazzle-camouflage effect on it. The sections of the ships covered by the stripes feel like they are more of an undifferentiated mass of stuff, as opposed to previously where they stood out in contrast. It's by no means a deal breaker -- the ships are still gorgeous -- but it does make them stand out a bit less, especially in-game when zoomed all the way out.

The alternate piratical color scheme is wicked sick though. I would sell my soul to the Shadowyards for a pirate Mimir....  :D

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 11, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »

Well, I guess I could fiddle with simplifying it maybe?  I dunno.  I'll take a look.  Regardless, I'm glad you guys seem to be having fun.

While I was unable to get any work in today, work is proceeding on (probably) the last 0.6.1.x version; while this was initially intended to just fix remaining oversights, balance problems and spiffing up descriptions, the Shamash is seeing further adjustment to make the standard version more fun.  More specifically it's main gun is being completely revised.

Well, more like has been revised and is waiting on me getting around to implementing its visual and audio effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__8i99aXzM

The Phase Energy Projector (which will like be getting a bit of a renaming as well) now is a bursty AoE thing; magazine size of 3 shots and rapid rate of fire but slow ammo regen.  It's AoE is quite large and the damage falloff is minimal... but explosions know no allies.

Don't get too close. (You can actually see me hit myself in this at about 1:10)

I also would like to do something to make the REIS a little more useable on the Elysium by tying it's aim to the Pandora, making it kinda like a coaxial gun.  Or something.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 12, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »

I also would like to do something to make the REIS a little more useable on the Elysium by tying it's aim to the Pandora, making it kinda like a coaxial gun.  Or something.

That'd be handy.  My brain always instinctively tried to use it that way, and I had to remind myself it didn't work like that.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »

Afterwards there will lilely be a push to release another batch of weapons and some utility craft.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 13, 2017, 07:45:37 AM »

new PEP looks interesting!

the somewhat orange/brown AOE blast feels like it's HE though, imo. i think making it green in line with CEPCs or the green-ish white of Wavepulse Cannons would be more fitting for an SRA energy weapon.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 13, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »

The effects in that video are just stand ins; I haven't even had a chance to get started on the actual effects yet, which are actually intended to be some kind of dimensional tear as the p-space bubble/mass returns home.

This is a pretty early go over of the idea, with complementary Shantae.  It's changed somewhat since I drew this up (decided to ditch the shimmering effect, for one); I have a pretty good idea of how to handle the "explosion" effect but the pulsing/shrinking bullet thing is very likely going to need to be hand animated, which is gonna be a pain.

Also it'll need sound effects that kinda give that feeling; you know that feeling, when the terrifyingly thin walls of our reality are shattered, even if only for an instant, and the maddening vistas of what lays beyond are revealed.  And for just a moment, the Monsters from the IdP-Space can come through.

Wait, where was I going with this?

Anyway, should be pretty badass if I can get it all put together right.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:25:04 AM by MShadowy »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 13, 2017, 10:06:22 AM »

oh yeah, somehow i managed to miss the "waiting on me getting around to implementing its visual and audio effects" part.. my bad.

you know that feeling, when the terrifyingly thin walls of our reality are shattered, even if only for an instant, and the maddening vistas of what lays beyond are revealed.
beautiful. ^_^

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 16, 2017, 09:06:48 AM »

I feel like some of the fighters in SRA need a balance pass now that they're a ship "weapon" rather than their own separate ship. The Neriad fighter, in particular, seems absurdly good given it costs 4 OP and is capable of doing both kinetic and HE damage (I think) which makes it an excellent general purpose fighter.

Other than that, still an excellent mod, well done.

edit: Yeah, two wings of neriads can basically murder any number of smaller craft and pose a serious threats to cruisers given their damage types, adn they cost less than any other fighter in the game, OP wise. I'd maybe make their OP at least 10 if nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:12:13 AM by Drone_Fragger »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »

I'll take a look at it--though as an aside, now that the Neriad no longer carries the Shrike it only does HE damage.

E: Three potential solutions occur; raise the Neriads OP cost as you suggested, reduce the DPS of the Neriads gun so it's less devastating or change the Damage type on the gun to Frag so it retains it's effectiveness in interception work but becomes significantly less viable for anti-ship work.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:00:56 PM by MShadowy »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2
« Reply #1093 on: May 21, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »

Shadowyards 0.6.1.2 is now available!

0.6.1.2 Changelog

Spoiler

• Forgot to add built-in hullmods to the Minos; this has also been fixed
    • Added Survey Equipment, Salvage Gantry and a "Science Ship" hullmod which is a combination of High Res Sensors scan boost and Civilian Grade Hulls detection problem
  • Reduced flak explosion variance on Storm Blaster to 0.33 (from 0.75)
  • Revised Shamash's built weapon
    • Damage increased to 400 (from 350), Windup removed, cooldown reduced to 0.2 (from 0.8 ); Ammo capacity of 3, reload size of 3, reloads in 8 seconds, range reduced to 500 (from 600)
    • Now functions kinda like an Energy Bomb, possessing a sizeable AOE damage effect; applies damage indiscriminately to targets within radius
    • Yes, you too
  • Adjusted the REIS script so that, for the Elysium, it matches aim to the Pandora Array; additionally further improvements have been made to the REIS AI to make it less dumb
  • Increased the Seski's armor to 150 (from 100), increased shield width to 90 (from 60)
  • Increased Southpaws shield width to 120 (from 90), and Potnias-bis' and Threshers shield width to 160 (from 120)
  • Increased Potnia-bis flux capacity to 6000 (from 4500), reduced maintenance to 8/mo (from 9/mo)
  • Changes to the Skadi
    • Top speed increased to 55 (from 45) and overall maneuverability improved just to give her an area she has an edge in
    • Ships central medium weapon mounts have been changed to MISSILE (from ENERGY)
    • Variants gone over and updated
  • The Neriads main gun has had it's damage type changed to FRAGMENTATION
    • Additionally it's been switched to a 10 round burst from full auto, and had it's damage increased to 40 (from 25) to partly offset the damage type change
  • Finally got around to updating sim opponents
  • Revised descriptions for the most dated SRA ships and equipment to remove outdated references and generally make things make better sense
  • Pandora Type sensors now apply a flat 50% sensor strength boost across all ship classes.
  • Partially went over missions
  • Finally figured out what was wrong with the version file and fixed it
[close]

Hope you all enjoy the mod.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2
« Reply #1094 on: May 21, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »

Hi. With latest mod update I get "Ship hull variant [ms_elysiumCiv_Hull] not found!" when I try to load a save, which used previous mod version.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107